TV Leaders' Debate

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

TV Leaders' Debate

Post by fluffy »

lasnomadas wrote:How many of you will be glued to your TVs tonight from 6:30 to 8 p.m.? I know I will be. This is my one chance to see how the three party leaders will perform if they're elected on May 9. This is almost as important to me as how the winning candidate in my own riding will perform.

Any thoughts on this?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: TV Leaders' Debate

Post by fluffy »

I'll be glued to it, you can count on that. Between tonight's debate and tomorrows local candidates' forum I will be deciding where I will spend my vote, barring any surprise developments.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

who to vote for, watching the debate , is it clark or weaver, no bully for me. :130:
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Apparently, a three way debate on a Vancouver radio station last week led to some pretty testy exchange between the Premier and John Horgan. I'll be watching tonight to see who carries themselves with dignity, and who doesn't. I've already picked out what flavour of pizza to order.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

It may not be to late to send a question in for the debate tonight.
I sent in mine this morning.
Send questions to: [email protected]
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hmm...... watch 3 politicians debate or Edmonton Oilers vs Anaheim. That could be tough choice
Wait 1 minute, add into mix game 4 between Kelowna & Seattle.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

John Horgan may be restricted somewhat in his ability to be rude and interrupt but I expect he'll interrupt during the one-on- one segments:

CTV News Channel anchor Jennifer Burke is the moderator, returning for her second B.C. election debate after the 2013 broadcast. B.C. Liberal leader Christy Clark faces new challengers this time, B.C. NDP leader John Horgan and B.C. Green Party leader Andrew Weaver.

Burke said viewers should expect a more formal structure than last week’s News 1130 radio debate, with questions put to each leader and one-on-one discussions with the third microphone turned off. This is to minimize interruptions and talking over each other that were noticeable in last week’s debate and that viewers tend to find frustrating, Burke said.
http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/b-c- ... y-leaders/
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the amount of people on globals facebook stream about clark wasting money on the bctf court battle is amazing. seems i was right . parents a mad at 150 million down the drain :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

jennifer asked clark about her credibality and her falsly accusing the ndp of wrong doing as in hacking and why bcers should trust her and she goes i think bc only cares about jobs lmao . like we will put up with corruption for a job at mcdonalds . [icon_lol2.gif]
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Weaver's winning....I'm switching over to the hockey game.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Jeebus H Christopher! A half hour in and my frigging ears are bleeding. I can't believe what I am hearing. If this is our choices than we are in serious trouble. If any of you out there want to declare a winner I would say it is the other channels on tv.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

mr.bandaid wrote:Jeebus H Christopher! A half hour in and my frigging ears are bleeding. I can't believe what I am hearing. If this is our choices than we are in serious trouble. If any of you out there want to declare a winner I would say it is the other channels on tv.

Not surprised, people tend to elect bottom of barrel for political Leadership.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Weaver is laying an absolute whooping on Horgan. I foresee a lot of undecided voters going Green after seeing how Horgan refused to answer questions regarding how he is going to pay for all of his silly ideas.

Dr. Weaver continues to gain my respect.

Between the butt-kicking Horgan is receiving from both Clark and Weaver in this debate, I see May 9th as a bad day for the NDP.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Hmmm..

Andrew Weaver seems to be hot after the NDP ...big mistake.
Or maybe he knows someting...

Clark refuses to apologize for the huge, costly, Education losses for children.
Horgan is quite right...she has no credibility. Just too many controversies, and what happened to protecting families?
Just too many increased costs to families. NDP at least trying to control these.

Actually, it is Weaver who seems to be losing his temper and getting drawn into ranting.
He often speaks very quickly and it is easy to miss his points. He did well explaining obligations to transitional care children.

Horgan did well on establishing a legacy for dead children due to drugs with better front line management.
Clark reiterates same old , same old. Debate format was much better.

I am voting this Saturday. I find John Horgan to be tenacious and understanding.
And I am an avid hockey fan!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

weaver is clarks minion . only a blind pers9n would fail to see that . i made up my mind . based on the amount of for horgan in on line media i think they have best chance to win . so i will vote ndp :130:

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”