NDP campaign run by USW, $600,000 in cash from USA

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: NDP campaign run by USW, $600,000 in cash from USA

Post by Urbane »

krocky wrote:So by your logic if you are corrupt like the Liberals and will take bribes from anyone, anywhere, anytime, and flatly refuse to ban them because they know they couldn't win without a war chest and all the "false" adverting and the money they need to buy votes, so be it, we know there're corrupt so its fine.

However, since the NDP want to ban them they should take the "high road" and turn them down NOW, during the campaign. So should the Greens because, you know, they have morals. That way the Liberals would have millions and millions of dollars to campaign with and the others would have pennies in comparison but could at least "say" they took the high road after the Liberals buy all the votes they need to win. Sounds perfectly fair to me, if you're a LIBERAL...
No, that's not what I'm saying. Your hyperbole is coming back to bite you. You can't refer to these donations as "bribes" and "corruption" and then defend them simply because the donations are going to a party that you like. I don't see them as "bribes" and "corruption" but you and the NDP do. Therefore, you and the NDP are far away from the moral high ground. Here's what Dr. Andrew Weaver had to say:

“How can you trust a leader who publicly talks about how big money corrupts politicians, and then quietly goes into a back room and strikes a deal with a union to have them pay for his senior staff?”

Exactly, Dr. Weaver. Exactly.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

how can anyone trust bclibs who refuse to get rid of said bribes . facts are the ndp have been bribed withless so are more trustworthyv. every article that mentions clark is brutal in the comments towards her . [icon_lol2.gif]
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:how can anyone trust bclibs who refuse to get rid of said bribes . facts are the ndp have been bribed withless so are more trustworthyv. every article that mentions clark is brutal in the comments towards her . [icon_lol2.gif]
So the NDP haven't been as successful as the Liberals in collecting what you call bribes and so their lack of success makes them more trustworthy. Got it.
:biggrin:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

depends who your in bed with . clark smoozes ceo who drive wages down and make work projects we dont need . .the ndp seem to me to have gotten their money from the working person who tries to make bc better .

the choice is clear for most british columbians . corrupt clark or someone else .
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

maryjane48 wrote:depends who your in bed with . clark smoozes ceo who drive wages down and make work projects we dont need . .the ndp seem to me to have gotten their money from the working person who tries to make bc better .

the choice is clear for most british columbians . corrupt clark or someone else .

Really? You really believe this?

The choice is clear for most British Columbians. Anyone but the NDP.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes.

Unions are working people.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Urbane wrote:. No, that's not what I'm saying. Your hyperbole is coming back to bite you. You can't refer to these donations as "bribes" and "corruption" and then defend them simply because the donations are going to a party that you like. I don't see them as "bribes" and "corruption" but you and the NDP do. Therefore, you and the NDP are far away from the moral high ground..

OK, now I get where you're coming from.. When Corporations give money to the Liberals in exchange for countless favors, as long as they are half a million or less each but add up to tens of millions of dollars you see that as a "donation".

When unions give money to the NDP that only add up to 1.7 million but one since one was for 600 thousand, the largest single amount, it becomes a "bribe". Since Donations are fine and bribes are not the Liberals can keep the money and campaign with it and pay the favors later when they think no one is looking. But because the NDP openly acknowledged their donation and what it's being used for they should have turned it down and given a clear advantage to the Liberals..

All righty then, I think I am finally starting to understand Liberal logic...
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

George+ wrote:Yes.

Unions are working people.

Union members are, the few that are left. Their ranks have shrunk faster than George Costanza's experience in the cold swimming pool and continue to do so. The union brass, the ones in bed with the NDP, are simply corrupt political figureheads within their organizations.

The luckiest are the ones receiving gigantic salaries, paid for by the USW, to work on the NDP's campaign. They will fail miserably, and still pocket 6 figures at the expense of hard-working union members who get more and more skimmed off their pay by corrupt foreign unions. It's a brutal situation that the USW and the NDP have put the regular Joe union member in. The NDP is just pure scum, and must be disbanded ASAP.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Just when you think Christy and the BC Liberals can't go any lower they find a new scum pond to bottom feed in..
Negative campaigning doesn't get any worse and it's the Liberals leading the way.. The thing is comparing Horgan to Trump isn't a necessarily a bad thing so it may just back fire.

http://www.whosesidehorgan.ca
Last edited by krocky on Apr 27th, 2017, 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Please, GF.
Try not reiterate the same old, same old.
You are actually driving voters to the NDP.

Horgan clearly won the debate, again.
The Vancouver Sun agrees.

The NDP gets working people donations via unions.
The Greens via enviro. Businesses, and rabid enviros.
The Liberals via big corps and wealthy.
Pick your poison.

Donations and electoral system must be reformed.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:
Horgan clearly won the debate, again.

Ha great, now I spit up my coffee laughing again. He won the debate, again? Which debate did he win to begin with? The Bill Good debate? He was a giant horses' *bleep* through that entire debate. He lost that debate hands down. But I forget, this is NDP bizarro world, where up is down, black is white, and denying the obvious is the name of the game.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

krocky wrote:
Old Techie wrote: Do as I say not as I do, NDP slogan of 2017.

I totally agree the NDP should adopt that Liberal slogan.. Since you brought up the last election in an earlier post I seem to remember the Liberals refusing to grant ANY increase to BC teachers because there "was no money" for that, then immediately voting themselves a 50% raise right after the election. WHO would do that..

If you think everyone else should eat KD while you gorge on Champaign and Caviar, you might be a Liberal

And if you think our BC teachers are hard done by, you bleed NDP orange.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 27th, 2017, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Horgan's feeling the poop up around his chin on this right now.

And the level's rising, quickly.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Rwede wrote:Horgan's feeling the poop up around his chin on this right now.
And the level's rising, quickly.

http://www.whosesidehorgan.ca

YEA, and it's too bad the NDP didn't accept MILLIONS and MILLIONS more like the Liberals have done time and time again because then they too could "afford" adds like this one..

I kind of like it though, comparing Trump to Horgan.. Let's make BC great again..!!! Has a nice ring..

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”