TV Leaders' Debate

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: TV Leaders' Debate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:George+ wrote that there's no Conservative party to crash and burn this time. Wrong, George........there's the BC faux-Liberals.

Why would they crash and burn? Who would anyone vote for other than the Liberals? There really are no other alternatives. George is right on this point, since the Conservatives are essentially non-existent, and the NDP is a dumpster fire.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

The Green Barbarian wrote:If Horgan loses the election and you blame everyone but yourself, you ARE an NDP.

I read your comment twice thinking I might have missed something, but alas I did not. It is your comment that doesn't make sense.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Who would anyone vote for other than the Liberals? .....

The NDP.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Lore wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:
Who would anyone vote for other than the Liberals? .....

The NDP.

Don't you like low taxes and having a job, Lore?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Rwede wrote:
Don't you like low taxes and having a job, Lore?

What I don't like (or trust) is Christy.
The debate sealed it for me.
She barely answered any questions.
Was completely unimpressed.
She's not suckering me with her smile.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@Urbane:
Sorry for being so late to the debate, but I just read your comment from last night and feel compelled to challenge you on a few of your observations. You wrote that you agreed with Keith Baldrey's analysis, and this does not surprise me since Baldrey is known to be the President of the Christy Clark Fan Club. He is without a doubt the most biased journalist in B.C.

Andrew Weaver, IMO, was only impressive at one point during the debate.The rest of the time he was merely posturing in order to try to steal some votes from the NDP.

Christy Clark added nothing to the debate except her phony smile. She reiterated her nauseating BC Liberal talking points and refused to answer any questions from Horgan or Weaver. No apologies for her screw-ups with the Children and Families Ministry, either.

Horgan pretty much stuck to his talking points as well, and didn't take the opportunity to bring up half the lies, boondoggles, and scandals of the BC Liberal 'reign'. I especially would have liked to hear her version of why she passed the buck on the Health Researchers/Rod MacIsaac suicide scandal.

Jennifer Burke was a terrible moderator as well. She promised to cut any of the participants off if they got out of line, but she sat back and watched as they continually talked over each other, making it impossible for viewers to hear their arguments.

It was a lousy excuse for what should have been an important election campaign event. I'm beginning to seriously consider voting for the independent candidate in my riding. Back to the old research drawing board!
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
BeingHuman wrote:Voting NDP will get you those kind of results! :biggrin:

Unemployment, high taxes, and crippling debt? Yes, voting NDP will get you those.

Do you have any actual "proof" to back up your claims? When I stated the Alberta NDP created 20,000 jobs, I can back that up!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/a ... -1.4060286

When I stated the NDP did away with corporate and union donations in politics in Alberta, I can back that up!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/alb ... e25074664/

As far as I am concerned your comments, like many of the BC Liberal's radio and tv ads, are unsubstantiated ramblings of the clueless.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I was more than a little disgusted with all three leadership hopefuls. The constant interrupting and talking over each other was immature and just plain rude. Not qualities I would expect from a provincial leader, but it what it is, these are the choices we get to pick from. What I took away from each participant's performance was 1.) Christhy Clark is 150% politician. Scripted say-nothing answers and an ever present plastic smile said it all. 2.) John Horgan does have anger management issues. To his benefit this takes attention away from the fact that he has no platform. 3). Andrew Weaver is pretty new to the game and it shows. If the winner of this debate is to be measured by who has the most expensive platform, he's a shoo-in.

I have been hoping to make up my mind where to throw my vote based on last nights Leaders' Debate and tonight's local candidates forum. I guess it's all up to the locals now, last night's fiasco left me decidedly undecided.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

16 years of the Liberal Government gave us:

1) A balanced budget.
2) Tied with Manitoba for the lowest unemployment rate in the country.
3) Leading the country in economic growth.
4) Leading the country in Education and Skills (third place in the world!!)
5) Leading the country in Life Expectancy.

Say what you will about their leader....but the fact is the province is prospering under Liberal control.
Could it be better....sure maybe....could it be worse....oh yes....very much so.

Status quo looks pretty damn good to allot of people in this province.
Is it really that hard to believe?
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

BeingHuman wrote:As far as I am concerned your comments, like many of the BC Liberal's radio and tv ads, are unsubstantiated ramblings of the clueless.

Much like the ramblings of those who support the NDP, and are in denial regarding the facts, of how the economy did under their leadership.

Those allegations are substantiated by Statistics Canada, as opposed to some partisan source.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Who would anyone vote for other than the Liberals? .....

Lore wrote:The NDP.

You see GB, this is what happens when you don't specify clearly.

The question should have been "Who would any sane and rational person vote for other than the Liberals (in the absence of any viable alternative)?"
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

fluffy wrote:I was more than a little disgusted with all three leadership hopefuls. The constant interrupting and talking over each other was immature and just plain rude. Not qualities I would expect from a provincial leader, but it what it is, these are the choices we get to pick from. What I took away from each participant's performance was 1.) Christhy Clark is 150% politician. Scripted say-nothing answers and an ever present plastic smile said it all. 2.) John Horgan does have anger management issues. To his benefit this takes attention away from the fact that he has no platform. 3). Andrew Weaver is pretty new to the game and it shows. If the winner of this debate is to be measured by who has the most expensive platform, he's a shoo-in.

I have been hoping to make up my mind where to throw my vote based on last nights Leaders' Debate and tonight's local candidates forum. I guess it's all up to the locals now, last night's fiasco left me decidedly undecided.

I agree, and also was wondering why neither of the other two took Weaver to task on the cost of his platform.. Not sure why people keep saying the NDP has no platform.. Last election Dix was very vague (and lots of the lap dogs on here live in the past) but I think Horgan has been pretty clear, some people might not agree with it or think it is too expensive but it's a platform just the same.

Can you expand your view on that FLUFFY (not the Liberal lap dogs please) I am truly interested to hear your thoughts..
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Jx3 wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Who would anyone vote for other than the Liberals? .....

Lore wrote:The NDP.

You see GB, this is what happens when you don't specify clearly. The question should have been "Who would any sane and rational person vote for other than the Liberals (in the absence of any viable alternative)?"

The NDP..
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Jx3 wrote:You see GB, this is what happens when you don't specify clearly. The question should have been "Who would any sane and rational person vote for other than the Liberals (in the absence of any viable alternative)?"

krocky wrote:The NDP..

Perhaps you missed it so I bolded it for you.

Clearly you were excluded.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Leifer wrote:16 years of the Liberal Government gave us:

1) A balanced budget.
2) Tied with Manitoba for the lowest unemployment rate in the country.
3) Leading the country in economic growth.
4) Leading the country in Education and Skills (third place in the world!!)
5) Leading the country in Life Expectancy.

Say what you will about their leader....but the fact is the province is prospering under Liberal control.
Could it be better....sure maybe....could it be worse....oh yes....very much so.

Status quo looks pretty damn good to allot of people in this province.
Is it really that hard to believe?

Baaa haaa haa, I couldn't even get by the first one; 16 years of Liberal Government gave us a balanced budget? So where did that $66 BILLION dollar provincial debt come from? http://www.debtclock.ca/provincial-debt ... ia-s-debt/

Did you know that in just those past 16 years alone, the BC Liberals DOUBLED the amount of debt it took BC 130 years to accumulate? Yup, in 2001, when the BC Liberals took over, BC's debt was$33.6 Billion, now its $66.8 Billion! Wow... it took the BC Liberal just 16 years to double a debt it took consecutive BC governments 130 years to accumulate!!! Vote for BC Liberals again and watch them bankrupt our province!!!

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”