TV Leaders' Debate

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: TV Leaders' Debate

Post by Leifer »

Baaa haaa haa, I couldn't even get by the first one;

OK....so we disagree on the first point. :up:

What about the other four (very important) metrics?
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Leifer wrote; "Tied with Manitoba for the lowest unemployment rate in the country." Huh, guess all of BC outside the lower mainland doesn't count in your definition of BC? Northern BC has a double digit 12.2% unemployment rate!!!

http://srv129.services.gc.ca/eiregions/ ... s_cur.aspx

Typical, there is the BC Liberal view of the world, and then there is reality!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Jx3 wrote:
Jx3 wrote:You see GB, this is what happens when you don't specify clearly. The question should have been "Who would any sane and rational person vote for other than the Liberals (in the absence of any viable alternative)?"
krocky wrote:The NDP..

Perhaps you missed it so I bolded it for you. Clearly you were excluded.

No Problem, I welcome your "PERSONAL ATTACKS", that's what some species do when they are backed into a corner and can't get away.. You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last, especially as the NDP start pulling away.. I suspect the personal attacks and name calling will grow exponentially at that point. You know, that's what Christy and De Jong are good at (the only thing) so why would their party faithful lap dogs be any different.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Leifer wrote; "Leading the country in economic growth." LOL, again you've been drinking too much of that blue BC Liberal kool-aid! Here is reality:

Apparently the Greater Toronto Area (Ontario) has the “second worst economy” in the country for young people 25-34 years old. Do you know who has the worst economy in Canada for young people 25-34? Yup, British Columbia!

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toro ... -1.4054589
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

BeingHuman wrote:
Baaa haaa haa, I couldn't even get by the first one; 16 years of Liberal Government gave us a balanced budget? So where did that $66 BILLION dollar provincial debt come from?

Oh come on BH, you know by now the Liberal lap dogs don't acknowledge that, especially the ones still locked in 1990..

If you think a 66 billion dollar debt is a "balanced budget" you might be a Liberal..
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

BeingHuman wrote:Leifer wrote; "Tied with Manitoba for the lowest unemployment rate in the country." Huh, guess all of BC outside the lower mainland doesn't count in your definition of BC? Northern BC has a double digit 12.2% unemployment rate!!!

http://srv129.services.gc.ca/eiregions/ ... s_cur.aspx

Typical, there is the BC Liberal view of the world, and then there is reality!

Yet again ignoring statistics, and regurgitating your cherry picked worst case scenarios, for dramatic effect.

Every province has areas where the unemployment rate is higher, and ironically enough, it's often times the northernmost places.

So who's fault is it exactly, when people living in areas known to have poor job prospects, stay put, rather than consider going where the work is?

The oil fields have many workers who came from places such as the east coast, precisely because there is no work where they were.

The government even helps people relocate to where the work is, but some simply don't or won't take advantage of that, so as far as I'm concerned, there will always be pockets of high unemployment, and have been for eons.

There is only so much any government can do in some situations, and for certain, the NDP sure as heck doesn't have a magic wand, to make those problems go away either, contrary to what you'd like people to believe.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Current results in Castanet Poll:
Who won Wednesday night's leaders debate?

Total Votes: 4394
Christy Clark 52.23%
John Horgan 22.3%
Andrew Weaver 25.47%
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Yet again ignoring statistics, and regurgitating your cherry picked worst case scenarios, for dramatic effect.

You beat me to it.
LOL.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

They've gotten quiet because when you present the facts and truth to them, backed up by credible sources, it becomes difficult for them to counter spin reality.

They will change the subject soon towards attacking the NDP, just like the party they support does in media ads! Here is some real insight into why they can only attack the NDP and not brag and build themselves up about a BC Liberal record; the truth is there is no good BC Liberal record, if there was don't you think the BC Liberals would be plastering it all over the media by now? 16 years of government, and they can't point to one single thing they can be proud of!!! How sad is that????
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Some of the rhetoric is certainly getting entertaining.

So far the only candidate I've seen accused of, asked about, and criticized for, anger issues, is Horgan.

Given some of the reading material, one can't help but conclude that it must be an NDP systemic issue affecting many supporters too.

I can't quite see Bipolar like conduct as being an acceptable trait for a Premier.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

krocky wrote:No Problem, I welcome your "PERSONAL ATTACKS", that's what some species do when they are backed into a corner and can't get away.. You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last, especially as the NDP start pulling away.. I suspect the personal attacks and name calling will grow exponentially at that point. You know, that's what Christy and De Jong are good at (the only thing) so why would their party faithful lap dogs be any different.

Oh spare the dramatics. [icon_lol2.gif]

For someone that claims to be a "conservative" you sure have the NDP cheerleader routine well rehearsed.

Personally I have absolutely zero attachment to Christy Clark or the BC Liberals, in fact I hate that I am forced to mark my ballot in favour of a party with "Liberal" in its name BUT there simply is no other viable alternative for actual conservative voters (as opposed to make-believe internet forum conservative voters). Not voting is not an option as that is the same as a vote for the NDP so there really is no other choice.

To be honest, after 16 years the BC Liberals are well past their best before date and it wouldn't be a bad thing for a change in government, so long as that change doesn't involve the letters N, D or P.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

BeingHuman wrote:They've gotten quiet because when you present the facts and truth to them, backed up by credible sources, it becomes difficult for them to counter spin reality.

They will change the subject soon towards attacking the NDP, just like the party they support does in media ads! Here is some real insight into why they can only attack the NDP and not brag and build themselves up about a BC Liberal record; the truth is there is no good BC Liberal record, if there was don't you think the BC Liberals would be plastering it all over the media by now? 16 years of government, and they can't point to one single thing they can be proud of!!! How sad is that????

One can't help but wonder if you had a straight face, when composing the second paragraph, after the remark in the first. [icon_lol2.gif]

You only asked for one thing so........ The Bennett Bridge. Something to be proud of and much appreciated by most of us who live here.

Oh what the heck I'll throw in a bonus, and give you two. The Oyama bypass, which has most assuredly already saved lives, given how many were lost on the old section of road. Never mind how many times transportation was brought to a halt when there was a wreck.

That's two, I could easily list more, but I think two is enough to shed a light on the blatant hypocrisy your post exudes.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Old Techie wrote: I can't quite see Bipolar like conduct as being an acceptable trait for a Premier.

Please provide your medical credentials for making such an assertion that Horgan is bipolar.. I do believe that boarders on slander. I know most of what you post is factless drivel but this crosses the line.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The Castanet poll: Who outside of the Okanagan Valley voted? Nobody, that's who. Of course we're going to see results like that. Okanagan Valley voters are still trying to relive the 'WAC Bennett golden years'. Those years are in the dusty annals of history, folks. A different bunch took over the Socreds, and they call themselves the BC Liberals. They are not your friends, and I can't believe that you still don't know that after 16+ years of their raping and pillaging of B.C.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

krocky wrote:
Old Techie wrote: I can't quite see Bipolar like conduct as being an acceptable trait for a Premier.

Please provide your medical credentials for making such an assertion that Horgan is bipolar.. I do believe that boarders on slander. I know most of what you post is factless drivel but this crosses the line.

I don't think what you believe really matters!

You might also take note that there's a huge difference between diagnosing someone with something, and saying they behave "like" something. I don't require medical credentials to see similar behavior demonstrated by him, as does an acquaintance who has been officially diagnosed.

Thank you for the concern though.

If you get a chance, please contact Statistics Canada and inform them that their data is factless drivel, given that's what I use as an economic indicator. Perhaps they'll amend it for you to appeal to the alternate reality demographic.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”