TV Leaders' Debate

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: TV Leaders' Debate

Post by fluffy »

BeingHuman wrote:The old switcheroo between Old Techie and you fluffy, and not a very good one, I'm afraid. Old Techie was going on about when the NDP was in government, little funding when to this area because there was a Liberal MLA here. I simply pointed out "blacktop politics" practiced by the BC Liberals where a majority of road improvement projects go to Liberal ridings over NDP ridings. I then stated how hypocritical the BC Liberals are, and their supporters.

I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about the gaping maw of expenses in the coming years, something that all the parties seem reluctant to even acknowledge let alone plan for. Skyrocketing health costs, shrinking labour force, and huge increases in income support programs like CPP and OAS, let alone all the government pensions that will come due.

You cannot chastise an NDP government for the same thing the current BC Liberal government has been doing, most all of us agree that would be hypocritical. So fluffy, what does your comment have to do with NDP or BC Liberal favoritism?

Why not? The NDP are fine with chastising the Liberals for practices they indulge in themselves. As for my comment, it has little to do with NDP or Liberal favoritism, it was just a comment. Since we seem to have left the Leaders' Debate topic far behind I thought it was open mike. :)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Campaign promises mean nothing to me when election day rolls around. I look at the sitting government's past performance. For instance, before the 2013 election Christy promised zillions of dollars from LNG exports, a debt-free BC, a new hospital tower for Penticton, and numerous other things that never came to pass.

The lies continue today, as we have learned from the United Steelworkers boss. Clark is a pathological liar who isn't good enough to shine the shoes of hard-working British Columbians.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

krocky wrote:The flaw in your theory is it's the other way around. They don't do ANY of it before, if they did I might agree with you, no, they do it AFTER, and ONLY if they win, the seat, the election or otherwise, that's what makes it "vote buying" . Not one thing was done on Westside road until "after" Christy won her seat.
"Elect us and we'll do X." What an incredibly novel idea invented by the BC Liberals! Amazing! I gotta hand it to Christy Clark and the Liberals for coming up with this idea. And yet it's so simple. You lay out your platform and promise to do what's in it. Then if elected you do it! Wow! Why haven't other parties thought of doing this as well?? The BC Liberals invented photo-ops too so they're really good at coming up with new ideas!
:D
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

lasnomadas wrote:...a new hospital tower for Penticton, and numerous other things that never came to pass.

Umm, under construction as we speak.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Urbane wrote: "Elect us and we'll do X." What an incredibly novel idea invented by the BC Liberals! Amazing! I gotta hand it to Christy Clark and the Liberals for coming up with this idea. And yet it's so simple. You lay out your platform and promise to do what's in it. Then if elected you do it! Wow! Why haven't other parties thought of doing this as well??

Good explanation from a BCLLD but you see the BC Liberals were elected for ALL citizens of BC not JUST the ones who donate to them or vote for them, ALL..!!
Urbane wrote:The BC Liberals invented photo-ops too so they're really good at coming up with new ideas!

Again, she is supposed to be leading our Province and fighting for us etc, etc, not JUST doing photo-ops and yes you are correct she did invent the "Premier ONLY does photo-ops persona" and is the queen of the hard hat and safety vest.. Hopefully she will have an actual use for her safety equipment when she gets the boot...

If you think the elected government only represents those that voted for them, you might be a Liberal..
Last edited by krocky on Apr 28th, 2017, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ If NDP'ers and others voting against the Liberals don't want to use hospitals, roads, bridges etc etc etc that's their problem. It's all there for EVERYONE'S benefit!! Pretty silly to suggest that only Liberals can use those things!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote: a new hospital tower for Penticton, .

You mean this one?

https://www.interiorhealth.ca/sites/Bui ... fault.aspx

You need to be paying more attention to the propaganda sheets you are being fed by your union bosses in Victoria. I realize that the lower mainland doesn't pay much attention to us here in the Okanagan, so of course, their info they are feeding you is out-dated. However, you don't have to make it so blatantly obvious.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
lasnomadas wrote: a new hospital tower for Penticton, .

You need to be paying more attention to the propaganda sheets you are being fed by your union bosses in Victoria. I realize that the lower mainland doesn't pay much attention to us here in the Okanagan, so of course, their info they are feeding you is out-dated. However, you don't have to make it so blatantly obvious.

The Penticton Regional Hospital Project is a partnership between the B.C Ministry of Health, Interior Health, the Okanagan-Similkameen Regional Hospital District, South Okanagan Similkameen Medical Foundation and EllisDon Infrastructure.

Can someone help me out with this. Are these departments of government in general or are they just departments of the BC Liberal Party.. If the NDP gets elected do they "disappear into the sunset" and the hospital project collapses and dilapidates into a run down building, just curious.. :laugh:

If you think the BC government is solely responsible for all things big and small, you might be a Liberal..

.............but they will darn sure take the credit and advertise they did with "Tax Payer" funded advertising.
Last edited by krocky on Apr 28th, 2017, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Chill
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

flamingfingers wrote:Jobs, jobs, jobs
http://globalnews.ca/video/3411015/b-c- ... lity-check

Great post, explains a lot.. I wondered how the Liberals "faked" the stats but if people are having to have 2 and 3 jobs just to survive then the numbers make more sense.

So when Christy opens her mouth to blow her own horn saying I've created JOBS, JObs, joBs, jobs, Jobs and more joBS (emphasis on the BS) what she means is she has created an economy where many British Columbians have to have 3 jobs to be able to pay rent and eat, when they only used to need one back in the HORRIFIC 1990's.. Her repetitive chanting makes a lot more sense when you look at it that way..
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

So the guy featured in the story works for the David Suzuki Foundation and can't live on the money he's earning there. Suzuki, in his view, isn't paying a high enough salary for him to live on and that's Christy Clark's fault??? After John Horgan becomes premier, and on his way home from Washington where he will have changed Donald Trump's mind, he can meet with David Suzuki and convince him to pay higher salaries to his employees. LOL. In the story we're told that quality is more important than quantity and that of course means it's better to be receiving unemployment cheques rather than working. That, I most definitely do NOT agree with.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Absolutely PERFECT example of ChristyLiberals pretzel logic!!! Way to go Urbane!!!
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^Absolutely PERFECT example of posting a video before listening to the content!! Way to go Flamingfingers!!!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^You used pretzel logic to infer so many things into your post from that video that it was jawdropping!!

What do you say about BC having the most part-time(on call, when necessary, low wage, no benefits) jobs in all of Canada? Pretty sleazy of your pet premier to brag about her Jobs, jobs, jobs plan, I would say!!
Chill
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Urbane wrote:After John Horgan becomes premier, and on his way home from Washington where he will have changed Donald Trump's mind, he can meet with David Suzuki and convince him to pay higher salaries to his employees..

He won't have to, he just has to raise the minimum wage, but you have pointed out some very good reasons to vote for the NDP, so thanks for that..

If you think minimum wage is enough to live on, you might be a Liberal..
Last edited by krocky on Apr 28th, 2017, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”