BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Fancy »

flamingfingers wrote:^^So Fancy, just to get improvements to Westside Road you will tolerate Christy's lies, corruption and wasting $15 MILLION taxpayer dollars on her election ads when that $15 MILLION could be spent on improvements to Westside Road, financing care beds for seniors and improving services to kids in care???

How shallow.

Calling me shallow without knowing all that I think about the issues just shows your true colours - sad.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Why do you maryjane48 like a post that slams me because I simply liked that Westside Road improvements were made as promised? People aren't allowed to enjoy the results? You think that's fair to belittle my opinion?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The only improvements to Westside Road that would be acceptable to Hwy 97 travelers would be a four-lane hwy between West Kelowna and Hwy 97 north of Vernon, effectively bypassing that Kelowna bottleneck. That little patchwork of road construction that's been done on Westside Road since 2013 is a joke.

Christy is a joke. Just listen to her 'tough talk' on Global today. Oh sure, she's going to 'stand up for British Columbians' alright. Her handlers are getting so desperate that they're making headlines in news outlets all across Canada. The one in the Vancouver Sun reads, "BC Leader could drag Canada into unwanted battle with US on softwood: expert". The Castanet one reads,"Wading into a trade war?". Her big mouth is going to sink us all.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lasnomadas wrote:The only improvements to Westside Road that would be acceptable to Hwy 97 travelers would be a four-lane hwy between West Kelowna and Hwy 97 north of Vernon, effectively bypassing that Kelowna bottleneck. That little patchwork of road construction that's been done on Westside Road since 2013 is a joke.
Little patchwork? You're kidding of course because the improvements have been major. Where do you live on Westside Road that you find it such a joke?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Oh right - you don't live on Westside Road and even though it's been pointed out the improvements - you only drive it occasionally. You don't know the improvements what - since 1996? You've been shown maps and there's even pictures - did you look at them?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The last time I drove Westside Road from West Kelowna to the junction near the Spallumcheen Golf Course was in October 2016. How many improvements have there been since then? Not that it matters. The whole road should be replaced with a proper highway. Nobody driving north on Hwy 97 wants to spend more time driving through Kelowna than it takes to drive from Penticton to West Kelowna.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lasnomadas wrote:The last time I drove Westside Road from West Kelowna to the junction near the Spallumcheen Golf Course was in October 2016. How many improvements have there been since then? Not that it matters. The whole road should be replaced with a proper highway. Nobody driving north on Hwy 97 wants to spend more time driving through Kelowna than it takes to drive from Penticton to West Kelowna.
Major improvements have been made since 2013 and are still ongoing. I'll refer you to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71523
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Urbane wrote:I've been critical of the Liberals on many issues but my respect for Christy Clark has risen considerably during this campaign. She's faced a lot of nasty, personal, petty, and mean-spirited attacks and has acquitted herself with grace. While the NDP has been ahead in the polls I sense a bit of what happened in 2013 happening again. These attacks, particularly the ones which are clearly erroneous, don't sit well with people and it's likely that they'll backfire. When you look at some of the ridiculous "I hate Christy Clark" threads on here you just have to shake your head. When the campaign started I was seriously considering a protest vote but on May 9th, or earlier in an advance poll, I will happily vote for Christy Clark.

I call BULL :cuss: ... it is has been obvious all along who you support.. And your comment about the mean spirited attacks, does that only apply to women, because your name calling of Horgan, Hulk Hogan, among others reeks of disrespect..
Last edited by krocky on Apr 30th, 2017, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Fancy wrote:Why do you maryjane48 like a post that slams me because I simply liked that Westside Road improvements were made as promised? People aren't allowed to enjoy the results? You think that's fair to belittle my opinion?

Because she, like many others, understands that the improvements were promised as an inducement when Christy lost in her own riding and had to make sure she found another one with enough guillible people to vote her back in.

Why do you THINK she picked West Kelowna, perhaps because it's the BCLLD ( BC Liberal Lap Dog) capital of BC.. So if the shoe fits..???
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

because your defending a corrupt party and a crook in clark . she doesnt even own a house there . lifes tough :smt045
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Still doesn't mean I'm shallow. That's hitting below the belt.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

krocky wrote:I call BULL :cuss: ... it is has been obvious all along who you support.. And your comment about the mean spirited attacks, does that only apply to women, because your name calling of Horgan, Hulk Hogan, among others reeks of disrespect..
"Hulk Horgan" is the moniker given John Horgan by Province columnist Mike Smyth. As you know, he's rather sympathetic to the NDP but he wrote a good column, an excerpt of which I posted, discussing that first debate and what we all saw of Horgan's famous temper.

I seriously considered voting for someone other than Christy Clark in my riding. It would have been an independent or the Green candidate. However, the NDP campaign, and the rhetoric of their supporters on here, have reminded me that Clark and the Liberals are the only viable choice we have this election. So you are making a difference but perhaps not in the way that you intended. The NDP have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Might that be happening again?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Shallow voters can be easily bribed and
Just do not see the major issues.
Health, Education, Forestry, Environment.
Sad
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Urbane, you have always defended the Liberals, regardless.
And you a public educator, where their record is horrendous.

I am actually hoping for an NDP Green minority but will vote
NDP as I do not completely trust Weaver.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Urbane, you have always defended the Liberals, regardless.
    And you a public educator, where their record is horrendous.

I am actually hoping for an NDP Green minority but will vote
    NDP as I do not completely trust Weaver.
Your first statement means that your post should either be in the "Making stuff up" thread or the "Deny the obvious" thread. Time and time again on here those who don't like the NDP have been very critical of the Liberals. Yet some of you pretend otherwise because as rabid partisans for your party you can't understand someone, like myself, who's actually being honest about each issue that comes along. You should try being honest about your NDP and you should tell your party to provide us with a costing out of their promises. We've heard so much about the importance of transparency but too bad it doesn't apply to the NDP!

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”