Andrew Weaver is Coming to Kelowna

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Andrew Weaver is Coming to Kelowna

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:I've been waiting for the fear-mongering to begin after the #IamLinda twitter feed went viral. That was quite a blow, wasn't it Christy Fan Club members?.

What are you talking about?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Are you insinuating that all MSM journalists are NDP members? Careful.......someone might start comparing you with Christy's ex, and I don't think you'd like that. His tweet about Linda being an NDP plant met with some pretty strong condemnation from Richard Zussmaan, Gary Mason, et al. The only one missing was Baldrey.........of course.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:Are you insinuating that all MSM journalists are NDP members? Careful.......someone might start comparing you with Christy's ex, and I don't think you'd like that. His tweet about Linda being an NDP plant met with some pretty strong condemnation from Richard Zussmaan, Gary Mason, et al. The only one missing was Baldrey.........of course.

Still don't know what you are talking about.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Of course you don't............(SIGH). My last reply was to Urbane. Your last comment hadn't been posted yet.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:Of course you don't............(SIGH). My last reply was to Urbane. Your last comment hadn't been posted yet.

So what are you talking about?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Old Techie wrote:Fortunately a lot of voters are far more pragmatic, and things like a major Bank already suggesting people not invest in BC, for fear of an NDP win, speaks volumes, not to mention eye openers like that could sway them to make up their mind in a heartbeat.

Yep, TD is telling its clients not to invest in BC if there's an NDP win, and to quickly divest themselves of BC-based holdings if they already have money here.

There are lots of other jurisdictions that will be able to offer investors a return on their money, rather than incurring big losses as the NDP threatens to stifle us back to the 1990s.

I bailed on lots of Canadian-based investments as soon as Trudeau won, as his tax-and-spend stupidity has put our companies at a big disadvantage. My money went to more global markets, and I've been rewarded handsomely for it. The few dollars I left in Canada aren't returning anything close to what more progressive countries are offering.

Sadly, it is at the expense of our local economies when investment scurries for cover under leftist governments. But, in investing, it's every man for himself when the commie hordes take over.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I was talking about all the #IamLinda tweets, GB. Check it out.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

I would be very nervous about voting Greens as Weaver said
it was possible he would prop up the Liberals!...hmmm...
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^And kill Site C totally.
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:I was talking about all the #IamLinda tweets, GB. Check it out.

Sorry, not going on Twitter to validate a bunch of NDP blathering. What is the actual story here?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:I would be very nervous about voting Greens as Weaver said

So he's saying that he would try and work with the current government rather than just screaming NO!!!!!!!!!!! to everything like the NDP always do. What a strange new way of thinking. Amazing how after 16 years of abject failure, the NDP wouldn't have at the very least attempted to examine this new radical thought process rather than continue to just lose and lose and lose.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Don't we want to see a more collaborative attitude in Victoria? Wouldn't it be nice to see the parties working together? If the Liberals win more seats than any other party, but not a majority, I would certainly expect Andrew Weaver to try and work with the Liberals. That's what he said during the debate and good for him. He's a principled guy. Why do we want an opposition that just says no all the time? If Weaver's policies were different I would have voted Green.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Who are you trying to convince.......the undecided voter, or yourself?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:Who are you trying to convince.......the undecided voter, or yourself?

Are you content with an opposition that's fixated on saying "no"? One of the things I admire very much about Dan Albas is his willingness to support Trudeau when he does the right thing. Wouldn't we be better off with a collaborative, cooperative relationship in Victoria where our elected members all focused on solving problems and moving us forward?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

So he's saying that he would try and work with the current government rather than just screaming NO!!!!!!!!!!! to everything like the NDP always do. What a strange new way of thinking. Amazing how after 16 years of abject failure, the NDP wouldn't have at the very least attempted to examine this new radical thought process rather than continue to just lose and lose and lose.

I think the NDP have taken a literal interpretation of "opposition party" and, as GB says, have opposed everything. They don't realize that their job is to work for their constituents, and sometimes that means supporting programs that benefit those constituents instead of opposing EVERYTHING.

The left deserves better representation. The NDP has definitely been an abject failure in representing its ridings. Time for the Greens to get a shot at representing the left in opposition, and the NDP to be thrown out like last month's cauliflower casserole leftovers.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”