Making stuff up again .

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Making stuff up again .

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:^^ How proud you must be of being possibly the only two people in the Okanagan Valley who voted for a corrupt party on the weekend. I can understand some people overlooking arrogance, dishonesty, greed, and self-indulgence, but out-and-out corruption? How can you live with yourselves?

You seem to see people overlooking corruption (when clearly they're not, they just prioritize differently than you do and vote accordingly), yet you cannot see how long the Penticton hospital tower has been under construction. Well, this is the "making stuff up" thread.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

krocky wrote:Nothing in this clip indicates that the guy who says Christy handled it right has anything to do with PR let alone is an expert of anything except his opinion.
Think he has a grasp of the situation. He was referred to as a political watcher I believe (see 1:36 for confirmation of name etc.)
University of British Columbia political science professor Max Cameron told CTV Vancouver she handled it well.
"In this case I think Christy Clark probably did the right thing," he said. "There's not a lot to be gained at engaging in a conversation with somebody who's not about to change their mind."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/awkward-mo ... -1.3390838
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Changes her mind.... yet again:

Christy Clark says in retrospect she should have stopped and talked with Linda

Vancouver, BC, Canada / News Talk 980 CKNW | Vancouver's News. Vancouver's Talk
Simon Little
Posted: May 01, 2017 10:29 am

BC Liberal Leader Christy Clark says looking back, she should have stopped and talked with a woman who confronted her during a meet and greet in a North Vancouver grocery store.

Appearing on the Jeff O’Neil Show on CFOX, Clark was asked about the video of the encounter that went viral over the weekend.

“In retrospect, sure, yeah I wish I’d spoken- stopped and spoken to her. And I normally try to but the thing is you go to these things and you’re just whipping through, and there’s 100 people to talk to so I just do move a little bit quickly. But you know, the thing is we live in a democracy, and she gets a chance to confront me and tell me she doesn’t like me, and good for her, right?”

The incident, in which a woman named Linda told Clark she’d never vote for her, sparked the hashtag #IAmLinda after critics argued the Liberal leader was dismissive in the encounter.
Chill
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Nothing wrong with that at all.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Changes her mind.... yet again:

This "issue" reminds me of the 'stopping at a red light and then proceeding in the early morning hours' "issue" that came up last time. Clark did what most sensible people would do and proceed but she was smart to apologize at the debate. Ditto for this "issue." She and her party are looking good in the latest poll, with apparent momentum after the televised debate, so it's smart do say what she did.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:^^ How proud you must be of being possibly the only two people in the Okanagan Valley who voted for a corrupt party on the weekend. I can understand some people overlooking arrogance, dishonesty, greed, and self-indulgence, but out-and-out corruption? How can you live with yourselves?
I don't know if "vote shaming" is already a term but if not I'll coin it here. Why not have some respect for the opinions of others? I get it that you don't like Christy Clark or the BC Liberals and I can relate. I respect your opinion. Why can't you do likewise? We learn when we really listen and try to understand the arguments that others are making.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:^^ How proud you must be of being possibly the only two people in the Okanagan Valley who voted for a corrupt party on the weekend.

You are mistaken. I didn't vote for the NDP.

How can you live with yourselves?

after witnessing the carnage wrought by the NDP during their last reign of terror in the 1990's, I always ask any and all NDP voters/supporters this question. I honestly don't know how they live with themselves, continuing to support such a failed disgusting party as the NDP. This province needs a third option, and the Watermelon Party isn't it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Yep those terrible 1990's. Back when the average man could actually buy a house in Vancouver. How's that going now that the Liberals have been in 16 years?
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

mr.bandaid wrote:Yep those terrible 1990's. Back when the average man could actually buy a house in Vancouver. How's that going now that the Liberals have been in 16 years?

I agree - BC could use a party like the NDP to come in and destroy the economy such that housing prices crash. That is probably one of the few positives that an NDP government would bring.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 1st, 2017, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
I agree - BC could use a party like the NDP to come in and destroy the economy such that housing prices crash. That is probably one of the few positives that an NDP government would bring.

That's the best you can do? Spew some more hatred? You think that absentee owners in the lower mainland are actually helping BC's economy? Talk about making stuff up.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@rustled:
What's this obsession with the PRH? Most British Columbians outside of the South Okanagan, especially the Christy Liberals, couldn't care less if or when the tower gets built. If you're one of the workers on the project, more power to you, but don't expect anyone to believe that it's 'on time and on budget', because it isn't.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

lasnomadas wrote:@rustled:
What's this obsession with the PRH? Most British Columbians outside of the South Okanagan, especially the Christy Liberals, couldn't care less if or when the tower gets built. If you're one of the workers on the project, more power to you, but don't expect anyone to believe that it's 'on time and on budget', because it isn't.

The obsession is with your lack of credibility.

You said the tower was just a dawning, when its clear that construction is on going.

Why not show some integrity and admit you where wrong and move on?

Your credibility decrease with every post you don't address your lie.
Same with Flamingfingers lie about Christy being the most disliked premier.

Honest people with integrity stand up and admit they where wrong.
You post how Christy lies and make stuffs up yet you do it and when called out you show your lack of integrity.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:@rustled:

This thread's about people making things up. It seems to me that when people make an honest mistake, as I suspect you may have done, but then continually deflect instead of owning up, it makes it appear "making stuff up" was actually their intention all along.

I'm not sure there's much hope in holding politicians to a higher standard than we do ourselves.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

mr.bandaid wrote:That's the best you can do? Spew some more hatred?

And that's the best you can do? Spew some more sanctimonious nonsense??

You think that absentee owners in the lower mainland are actually helping BC's economy? Talk about making stuff up.

I don't think that they are. What do you propose we do about it? Other than crash the economy NDP style, what bright ideas do you have?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”