Andrew Weaver is Coming to Kelowna

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: Andrew Weaver is Coming to Kelowna

Post by lasnomadas »

Of course we'd be better off with a government who could collaborate and cooperate, 'rustled', but that will never happen as long as the BC Liberals have a majority of seats, refuse to pass bills such as the one the ND tabled in order to eliminate corporate and union donations. And that's just one example of a corrupt government that pushes irresponsible, self-serving legislation through. Do you really want an opposition party that goes along with every bad decision the BC Liberals make?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

It's blatantly obvious to anyone who has followed BC politics closely that the NDP just can't support job creation and wise use of taxpayers' dollars. I think that's why "they can't support anything the Liberals do."

The NDP has proven itself unable to be a consensus builder, unable to put their constituents' best interests first, and unable to understand the difference between good and bad public policy.

It's time for the NDP to be removed from that position, and let the Greens form opposition to the Liberals so that the left has a party with a fresh perspective and the willingness to build consensus with the governing Liberals.

The NDP is like that old employee who grumbles all day in the coffee room about everything. At some point, that old employee (let's call him "John"), needs to move on and let someone else do the job. John's not going to change how he is, and his constant negativity and grumbling about everything only serves to weaken the team and his coworkers' motivation.

John's had lots of years here, and the company and his fellow employees have simply outgrown John's tired rhetoric. John's best to let young, bright Andy from the mailroom show what he can do.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

^^ Well written, Sir. The analogy rings true. Old John needs to go home and yell at the neighbour's kids to get the hell off his lawn.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 2nd, 2017, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Gone_Fishin wrote:^^ Well written, Sir. The analogy rings true. Old John needs to go home and yell at the neighbour's kids to get the hell off his lawn.

Probably the best outcome that BCers can hope for in this election.

NDPers need to send a loud and clear message to their own party to smarten up or step aside. Let Green Andy give it a go this time.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”