BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:I support mandates and strict fines for not meeting them. The time has passed for taking soft action on this issue. I don't support carbon taxes and credits as it monetizes the issue and it does hurt low income people the most.

Yet you support increased GHG with allowing everyone to puff pot smoke into the atmosphere.

I don't think those two goals are congruent.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Does anyone else find it odd that when one of the usual climate change deniers submits a rude comment, he/she receives at least 4 'likes', but when someone else submits a well-thought out, science-based comment, only one (sometimes two) 'likes' are submitted?

This does not bode well for sane Okanagan residents, does it?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:sports players breathe pure o2 .

No, actually, they don't. They would die. But of course, even though your comment is dead wrong, it will be described as "science based", just like all of the gobble-de-gook we get every day from the man-made climate change zealots.

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/why-does ... n-kill-you
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Does anyone else find it odd that when someone submits a well-thought out, science-based comment about how taxing natural gas is stupid and horrible for poor people, one of the usual Church of Global Warming science deniers submits a rude comment, and he/she refuses to answer the basic questions asked about why they want to tax poor people into starvation. All they respond with is sanctimony and virtue-signaling garbage.

This does not bode well for Okanagan residents who are poor and can't afford insanely stupid and draconian carbon taxes, does it?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

“The B.C. government is sitting on a report commissioned by its climate-action secretariat that measures the greenhouse-gas emissions associated with developing a liquefied natural-gas industry… The report obtained through a Freedom of Information application is largely redacted – blanked out because the contents are considered advice to cabinet.” ~ The Globe and Mail | Justine Hunter | November 8 2013

You know when the Christy Clark government is not forthcoming with a report measuring greenhouse gas emissions associated with the development of her LNG pipe dream, it’s going to be bad news!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

maryjane48 wrote:if co2 is harmless i have tank full of co2 . let see how long before you pass out ?

This is about as relevant as noting that if you try to breath water it must mean dihydrogen monoxide should be banned as well.

Oh wait people already think that......this is the left.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”