Horgan Dodges questions on how he'd pay for health care.

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Horgan Dodges questions on how he'd pay for health care.

Post by Leifer »

Come on Johnny boy.
We can't wait until after the election and *hope* you figure it out. We want to know NOW.

From the article:
Horgan was pressed for more details on his plan. Where exactly would the money come? What does he consider a “high-income” wage earner anyway?

His answer was breathtaking.

“I don’t think at this point in an election campaign is the time to determine those issues,” he said.

Yeah....that's what he said.
But don't worry....he did pledge to protect middle income earners! :smt045
Asked for his definition of a middle-income earner, he said this: “It’s defined as $60,000-$70,000.”

So there you have it. Anyone making more than $70k a year is in for a income tax increase. That only really includes almost every professional in the province. Healthcare workers, teachers, civic employees, engineers....it is a huge list. And lets not forget all those trades men/women....small business owners.

Tighten your belts folks....this is what we have to look forward to. :-X

http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics/mike-smyth-horgan-dodges-questions-on-how-hed-pay-for-health-care
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Horgan Dodges questions on how he'd pay for health care.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

of course he's going to jack taxes on the middle class. The NDP hates the middle class almost as much as they hate the poor, which is why they also want to jack carbon taxes to the moon, to really screw over the middle class and the poorest of the poor. The NDP is just plain awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Fully costed . . . transparency . . . LOL!
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Leifer wrote:From the article:
Horgan was pressed for more details on his plan. Where exactly would the money come? What does he consider a “high-income” wage earner anyway?

“I don’t think at this point in an election campaign is the time to determine those issues,” he said.

During the 1993 federal election, Kim Campbell said "elections are the worst possible time to talk about issues"

Mulroneys legacy was the main reason she got destroyed at the polls, but a statement like that also contributed.

Keep talking John. The more you say, the more it'll be like the 2013 election. Make sure you have your concession speech written.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Leifer wrote:Come on Johnny boy.
We can't wait until after the election and *hope* you figure it out. We want to know NOW.

From the article:

Yeah....that's what he said.
But don't worry....he did pledge to protect middle income earners! :smt045
Asked for his definition of a middle-income earner, he said this: “It’s defined as $60,000-$70,000.”

So there you have it. Anyone making more than $70k a year is in for a income tax increase. That only really includes almost every professional in the province. Healthcare workers, teachers, civic employees, engineers....it is a huge list. And lets not forget all those trades men/women....small business owners.

Tighten your belts folks....this is what we have to look forward to. :-X

http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics/mike-smyth-horgan-dodges-questions-on-how-hed-pay-for-health-care

Well, the NDP of the 1990s did indeed classify any family making over $60K as "high income," and jacked their taxes to the highest in Canada as a result.

Looks like Horgan is still using that 1990s platform today, with the same dollar figures. That's rather lazy.

Same old NDP.

ETA - of course, with no jobs and 1 in 10 on welfare during the NDP's reign of terror, maybe a $60K family was uber-wealthy in the 1990s. Horgan's plan is to go right back there, from what I've seen.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

To borrow a phrase..."You're richer than you think"
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Remember when Dix said his platform was "fully costed," and he had his *bleep* handed to him in 2013?

I wonder why Angry John is using the same phrase? Is he peddling BS just like Dix? Didn't the NDP learn ANYTHING the last 4 times, soon to be 5, that they lost miserably?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Rwede wrote:Remember when Dix said his platform was "fully costed," and he had his *bleep* handed to him in 2013?

I wonder why Angry John is using the same phrase? Is he peddling BS just like Dix? Didn't the NDP learn ANYTHING the last 4 times, soon to be 5, that they lost miserably?
To John Horgan "fully costed" means striking a committee that will meet and then tell him how he'll pay for his promises. Then he'll finally let us know. Higher taxes are bound to be part of the mix though.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Urbane wrote: Higher taxes are bound to be part of the mix though.

Yeah, for the uber-rich, whom Angry John believes is anyone who makes over $60 grand a year.

Hey, just a second! Remember when the 1990s NDP said that anyone making over $60 grand was the uber-rich, and taxed them heavily?

It's deja-vu all over again with Horgan. Man, I thought maybe they'd develop some different policies from the ones they had in the 1990s. Apparently, I thought wrongly.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Rwede wrote:
Urbane wrote: Higher taxes are bound to be part of the mix though.

Yeah, for the uber-rich, whom Angry John believes is anyone who makes over $60 grand a year.

Hey, just a second! Remember when the 1990s NDP said that anyone making over $60 grand was the uber-rich, and taxed them heavily?

It's deja-vu all over again with Horgan. Man, I thought maybe they'd develop some different policies from the ones they had in the 1990s. Apparently, I thought wrongly.

$60k is an interesting figure for the middle class when you account for the fact that $15 min wage makes the new lowest possible full time employment annual of $31,200.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

All good points made.

I note a deafening silence, on behalf of the forum NDP zealots, who are all big on transparency, and helping the poor. [icon_lol2.gif]

I guess they are all busy on facebook, sharing the viral story about a voter telling Clark that she won't vote for her. As if that's a big news story during an election. LOL I actually liked Clarks response to the woman.

Strikes me as if old John is getting that foot further and further into his mouth. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Old Techie wrote:All good points made.

I note a deafening silence, on behalf of the forum NDP zealots, who are all big on transparency, and helping the poor. [icon_lol2.gif]

I guess they are all busy on facebook, sharing the viral story about a voter telling Clark that she won't vote for her. As if that's a big news story during an election. LOL I actually liked Clarks response to the woman.

Strikes me as if old John is getting that foot further and further into his mouth. :biggrin:

They tend to dislike math.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote:

I'll let Mr. Dejong do the talking for me today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKfRwHOIzbw

The big story , and you know it is , is the way Christy LIED about the exchange later.
I loved Christy's response to Linda , because it gave a lot of people some insight into Christy.

And Christy is shooting herself in the foot.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I see you saying Christy a lot in your post.....try the title again.

Same stuff as 2013......look somewhere else.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Old Techie wrote:Strikes me as if old John is getting that foot further and further into his mouth. :biggrin:

The most amazing part is that he can get his foot in his mouth when his head is up his butt. Maybe he can get a job in the circus when he loses the election next week.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”