Who do you think will win the provincial election in May?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.

Which party do you think will win the provincial election in May?

BC Liberals
76%
NDP
24%

Total votes: 76

George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Who do you think will win the provincial election in May

Post by George+ »

No, Urbane

What you actually posted was you pretending he said do or die.

Remind you of anyone?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:No, Urbane

Remind you of anyone?

John Horgan was asked if his party can afford another election loss.

“I don’t believe we can."
http://www.newstalk770.com/syn/112/1264 ... in-for-ndp
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:
    George+ wrote:No, Urbane

Remind you of anyone?

John Horgan was asked if his party can afford another election loss.

“I don’t believe we can."
http://www.newstalk770.com/syn/112/1264 ... in-for-ndp

When there's little else to work with, you have to resort to arguing semantics Urbane.

Tomayto or tomahto, it's still spelled tomato, and it's a red thing used for spaghetti sauce and ketchup. :biggrin:

Horgan said they can't afford to lose another election!

Happy now George???? :dash:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I think Horgan said that because if they lose the election he will likely have to find a real job, same for Christy. I think they both have a lot riding on this election.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

mr.bandaid wrote:I think Horgan said that because if they lose the election he will likely have to find a real job, same for Christy. I think they both have a lot riding on this election.
Well there's that but Horgan was definitely talking about the party. Here's a bit more:

“The New Democratic Party has won three elections in 80 years so we have not got the best record.”

While the next provincial election is about a year and a half away the leader of the provincial NDP is already characterizing it as a must win.

John Horgan was asked if his party can afford another election loss. “I don’t believe we can. That increases pressure on me to perform. It increases pressure on me to provide the best stable of candidates I possibly can that reflect the diversity and the dynamism of British Columbia
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Well playing that through that is all the Liberals have won as well. They have been the Liberal party since the Socred collapsed in the early 90's. The liberals were a party in BC from the early 1900's through I think 1952. They disappeared after that and were resurrected under the name of Social Credit party and the rest of the history we know. They fell off the grid for a lot of years. Could happen to the NDP but who knows, they have been around a long time as well though I think their first name was something like the co-operative commonwealth of something like that.
My point is, there will always be left and and right leaning parties and only the name will change.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

mr.bandaid wrote:Well playing that through that is all the Liberals have won as well. They have been the Liberal party since the Socred collapsed in the early 90's. The liberals were a party in BC from the early 1900's through I think 1952. They disappeared after that and were resurrected under the name of Social Credit party and the rest of the history we know. They fell off the grid for a lot of years. Could happen to the NDP but who knows, they have been around a long time as well though I think their first name was something like the co-operative commonwealth of something like that.
My point is, there will always be left and and right leaning parties and only the name will change.

A new group of people at the helm of both sides would be refreshing however. Lets start with one and the other should follow 4 years later.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

NDP'ers on here don't like Keith Baldrey because he plays it down the middle but here's an interesting column he wrote a couple weeks ago on how the NDP can win:
http://www.newwestrecord.ca/opinion/col ... 1.14830236
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Well, if the ChristyLiberals keep ducking out of community-based candidate debates and respond like this ChistyLiberal candidate, I can imagine how much support that community will feel like giving John Martin, the ChristyLiberal candidate:
Attachments
John Martin.JPG
Chill
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

mr.bandaid wrote:Well playing that through that is all the Liberals have won as well. They have been the Liberal party since the Socred collapsed in the early 90's. The liberals were a party in BC from the early 1900's through I think 1952. They disappeared after that and were resurrected under the name of Social Credit party and the rest of the history we know. They fell off the grid for a lot of years. Could happen to the NDP but who knows, they have been around a long time as well though I think their first name was something like the co-operative commonwealth of something like that.

Which one is the right Wing party . They sound the same . Votingfor chuck
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

No matter who you think will win or not, just get out and Vote.
Starting tomorrow you can cast your Vote into the ballot box, for the candidate/party of your Choice.
Advance Polling start Apr 29, 2017 at 8am around the Province, everyone (those on the voters list) should have received voting card in the the mail. With the information on locations, dates & time.

So go Vote
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Current prediction
Changed: 2017-05-02

Liberal Party 37

New Democratic Party 32

Green Party 2

Too Close to Call 16

Total 87

http://www.electionprediction.org/2017_bc/index.php
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

You need another option, Urbane:
ABC
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:You need another option, Urbane:
    ABC
Huh? That wasn't my prediction. I just thought people might be interested in the latest from the "Election Prediction Project." You must not have looked very closely so try again!
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^^I was referring to your original 'graph'.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”