BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: BC Election issues

Post by lasnomadas »

I don't know why all you Christy cheerleaders are so afraid of the NDP that you have to write letters to BC Liberal candidates, trashing an NDP candidate. What is the purpose of this? Have you no idea how bad that makes you look? Not just in the eyes of the NDP, but the whole province? You could also end up with a defamation lawsuit on your hands.

There is no doubt in my mind that all Okanagan ridings will end up with the same old corrupt BC Liberal candidates as winners, because that's just how the Okanagan Valley rolls, so why are you even putting yourselves in jeopardy by saying and doing all these outrageous things? Just go and vote for your BC Liberal candidate and stop being so silly.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

It's probably a bit of a moot point, because I can't imagine ANY scenario where the NDP would win Kelowna-Mission, but isn't that letter a bit slanderous? After all, the author doesn't provide any proof of what he says. How do we know it isn't all a pack of lies?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:I don't know why all you Christy cheerleaders are so afraid of the NDP that you have to write letters to BC Liberal candidates, trashing an NDP candidate. What is the purpose of this? Have you no idea how bad that makes you look? Not just in the eyes of the NDP, but the whole province? You could also end up with a defamation lawsuit on your hands.

There is no doubt in my mind that all Okanagan ridings will end up with the same old corrupt BC Liberal candidates as winners, because that's just how the Okanagan Valley rolls, so why are you even putting yourselves in jeopardy by saying and doing all these outrageous things? Just go and vote for your BC Liberal candidate and stop being so silly.

Do you realize that some of your ranting is getting pretty close to slander?

Steve Thompson is from one of the oldest families in Kelowna, and I can't think of a thing that would qualify him as deserving of being called corrupt.

Maybe you need to take a deep breath, get off your soapbox, and go take a good long look in the mirror, then think about all the unsubstantiated crap you've posted, that certainly qualifies as putting yourself in jeopardy.

You also assume way too much, and most of the time are way off the mark.

Ever hear the term, "Practice What You Preach?"
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on May 2nd, 2017, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:I don't know why all you Christy cheerleaders are so afraid of the NDP .

I'm not a Christy cheerleader, but I do think the NDP is awful. Their current platform is a dumpster fire. It's really not that hard to grasp. The NDP is a joke and should be disbanded.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

mr.bandaid wrote:I think Rwebe and GB have the market on that word.

No, the NDP does. Because they are disgusting.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:Don't say I didn't warn you. If your obvious desperation continues to make you submit these outrageous comments, you may wind up wishing you'd kept your poison-pen opinions to yourself.

ah yes, the leftist/NDP dream come true - threaten everyone with some kind of vile disgusting threats to keep them from continuing to discuss how vile and disgusting the NDP are. Just like Chavez in Venezuela, all you NDP'ers really dream about is shutting down any opposing opinion that conflicts with your evil agendas. Shame on you for writing this anti-Canadian anti-freedom filth. Shame indeed.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Except those like me.

And why is someone making veiled threats against you?
Last edited by Queen K on May 2nd, 2017, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:No, the NDP does. Because they are disgusting.

Thanks GB. I was a little concerned you wouldn't oblige.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Christy's Clowns (to the tune of 'Kathy's Clown):

Don't want your lies anymore,
Don't want excuses,that's for sure
I laugh each time
I hear this sound,
"Here they come, they're Christy's clowns."

Why can't they stand tall?
Why must they always crawl?
When the know she's telling lies
And they hear them all the time,
They have no sense at all.

Don't want your lies anymore
Don't want excuses, that's for sure
I laugh each time
I hear this sound,

When I see them shed a tear
When she adds more tax to beer
I just think it's kind of sad
That she's treating them so bad
And they don't even care.

Don't want excuses, that's for sure,
I laugh each time
I hear this sound,
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

lasnomadas wrote:Christy's Clowns (to the tune of 'Kathy's Clown):

Are you 12 years old?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Everyone except the Christy Cheerleaders would see the humour in that. Sorry you belong to the humourless group.

(Twelve years old? I wish! Maybe I'd live long enough to see some political party other than the Socred/BC Liberals win a few seats in the Okanagan so the residents could say they are no longer beyond hope.)
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Well it's been a year . Good thing this is fresh in everyone's minds. Never forget ndp slashed fire budgets . Rite before fort Mac fire . Yep it's a fact . Ndp destroys civilization
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Christy's Clowns (to the tune of 'Kathy's Clown):

Don't want excuses,that's for sure
I laugh each time
I hear this sound,

Why can't they stand tall?
Why must they always crawl?
When the know she's telling lies
And they hear them all the time,
They have no sense at all.

Don't want your lies anymore
Don't want excuses, that's for sure
I laugh each time
I hear this sound,

When I see them shed a tear
When she adds more tax to beer
I just think it's kind of sad
That she's treating them so bad
And they don't even care.

Don't want excuses, that's for sure,
I laugh each time
I hear this sound,

Thank you.

That's a fine example of your maturity level for all to see.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

GB - there is one thing about the NDP we disagree on. I don't see them as "leftist".

True "leftists" are concerned about policies that are really going to make sense to help people out. I'm good with that, not everything in life can be about maximizing profits etc.

The NDP don't get that. Why? Because they aren't "leftists". 1970s "unionist" bosses is more like it. Suck everybody in by promising the moon, then deliver diddly, except they get union dues to milk for themselves. The good ole Jimmy Hoffa types. Notice Horgan has never really had a real job? Notice that Adrian Dix has never had a real job? They've done pretty well for themselves for never having had real jobs.

The Greens are "leftist" and environmentalist. So I find some good policies in their platform. The BC Libs have some good policies in their platform. The NDP? Their platform is riddled with bad and "elastic" policy that just tries to say "you can have everything you want for free" (ya right, a free lunch).
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”