A 'Change Election'

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: A 'Change Election'

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:If they aren't gone on May 9, we're in for a world of hurt.......much worse than what we've experienced so far.

It can't get much better than the best economy in Canada, so we end up being second after the next four years, I'm still ok with that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

So the options are

Liberals - corrupt and strong economy

NDP - corrupt and will crush economy.

Not sure where people think there is even a choice.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The BC Liberals claim to a strong economy is just another lie. The housing market that they depend on is a house of cards which will topple very soon. There is no LNG industry, which Christy sold gullible British Columbians on before the last election. Now all she has is some employment up at the Site C dam, which she thought was going to power her non-existent LNG facilities.

What has she got left? NADA.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:The BC Liberals claim to a strong economy is just another lie. .

LOL. Oh man you guys. I don't want this election to end for another month. The comedy routine of the NDP gang here is just priceless. I can't stop laughing at some of the nonsense you post, like what you just posted above. Are all of you being fed this stuff from NDP Central or are some of you just making it up on your own? Please tell us all again how the Penticton Hospital isn't being built, I haven't stopped laughing at that massive fib/misfire from NDP HQ.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Well this certainty could be a game changer, one way or the other...

B.C. Election: Andrew Weaver says he would work with Clark before Horgan

http://globalnews.ca/news/3424752/b-c-election-andrew-weaver-says-he-would-work-with-clark-before-horgan
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^How is he going to work with Christy over Site C? He wants to cancel it; she wants to charge ahead with it.

Is he going to flip-flop and all of a sudden not only support money-sucking IPPs but also support the goon-show boondoggle that Site C will become?

What a disaster he is turning out to be. All because he wants personal power.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Good for Andrew Weaver. I don't agree with all of his policies but he's a principled guy.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:Good for Andrew Weaver. I don't agree with all of his policies but he's a principled guy.

He's essentially prostituting himself because he thinks aligning himself with Christy will lead him to a position of personal power.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:
    He's essentially prostituting himself because he thinks aligning himself with Christy will lead him to a position of personal power.
Hardly. Horgan has a terrible temper and despite Weaver's efforts to work with him he's blown up at him. That's not good at all. You need to have a stable partner and that would mean Christy Clark rather than Hulk Horgan.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

flamingfingers wrote:
Urbane wrote:He's essentially prostituting himself because he thinks aligning himself with Christy will lead him to a position of personal power.

Minority govts need compromise in order to function. Based on the working relationship he has with both, he probably doubts that Horgan is capable of compromising with anyone
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Urbane wrote:You need to have a stable partner and that would mean Christy Clark rather than Hulk Horgan.

Stable ? Christy is completely mentally unstable. A stable, rational human being would never do something so stupid as to put other people's lives at risk by deliberately speeding through a red light for the sake of amusement.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

There is no need to be debating this. The original story has been corrected . It's seems that Keith Baldrey, in his usual quest to slam the NDP, admitted that Weaver did NOT say he'd prefer to work with Clark. In act, he said he had no preference, and that in his opinion, neither could be trusted with a majority government.

Now, put the knives away, Christy cheerleaders. You and your buddy Keith need to start eating some humble pie. Shame on all of you!
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

lasnomadas wrote:Now, put the knives away, Christy cheerleaders.

Onwards Christy soldiers.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Very telling:

Weaver said if he was going to work with NDP Leader John Horgan, Horgan would have to “control his temper.”

“[John Horgan] has exploded on me multiple times. I want to work with him, I really do, and I’ve tried and I’ve continued to try but he’s got to control his temper… he doesn’t bring people to want to work with him,” Weaver explained in a one-on-one interview with Global BC’s Legislative Bureau Chief Keith Baldrey.

“Whereas the premier [Christy Clark], you can have a respectful disagreement in a one-on-one conversation and it’s not personal.”
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Urbane wrote:Very telling:

Weaver said if he was going to work with NDP Leader John Horgan, Horgan would have to “control his temper.”

“[John Horgan] has exploded on me multiple times. I want to work with him, I really do, and I’ve tried and I’ve continued to try but he’s got to control his temper… he doesn’t bring people to want to work with him,” Weaver explained in a one-on-one interview with Global BC’s Legislative Bureau Chief Keith Baldrey.

“Whereas the premier [Christy Clark], you can have a respectful disagreement in a one-on-one conversation and it’s not personal.”

Exactly... I agree that he didn't say he would prefer to work with Clark. However, the inference is there, which is likely why the original headline was published

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”