gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Libs promise big expansion at UBC

Post by gordon_as »

lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: Libs promise big expansion at UBC

Post by lasnomadas »

Of course she is. She's desperately trying to grab a few seats back from the Greens and the NDP. She may not be very well educated, but she can read the political polls.

This story is almost as good as the one about Colin Hansen and AdvantageBC.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:Of course she is. She's desperately trying to grab a few seats back from the Greens and the NDP. She may not be very well educated, but she can read the political polls.

This story is almost as good as the one about Colin Hansen and AdvantageBC.
Yes, better to CUT the number of seats in medical schools like the NDP did when they were in office. Shame on the Liberals for increasing the number of medical students.
:D
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Shame on the Liberals for understaffing hospitals..
Waiting lines.
MSP.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Shame on the Liberals for understaffing hospitals..
    Waiting lines.
    MSP.
You're opposed to expanding the UBC medical school? I see it as a positive and I think most people will. You're in the minority, George.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^^ I'll believe it when I see it.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:^^ I'll believe it when I see it.

The NDP cut medical school seats while the Liberals have added seats. We should be supportive of the efforts of this government to expand the medical school and I think most people are.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I actually read the story. It was obvious to me and anyone else who read it that none of the academics who were interviewed agreed with Christy's b.s.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:I actually read the story. It was obvious to me and anyone else who read it that none of the academics who were interviewed agreed with Christy's b.s.
There's certainly a question as to whether it can happen as fast as the Liberals would like but the bottom line is that they're looking to expand the medical school and to graduate more doctors. How can you be opposed to that???
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Urbane wrote:. How can you be opposed to that???

Because they are opposed to everything. That's how the NDP rolls.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

increasing trained medical professionals does zero when clark is unwilling to hire them . the problem was never traing levels its hiring levels . paitents in hallways starkly proves that :smt045
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Urbane wrote:. How can you be opposed to that???

Because they are opposed to everything. That's how the NDP rolls.

That and they deny that the Liberals have ever done anything, despite glaring evidence to the contrary.

As one who drives a lot in the course of doing my job, one of the points that rubs me the wrong way is the NDP goofs constant assertion that there's been no work done to Westside Road, when in fact it has been on the receiving end of multiple improvement projects for years now, and not just after Clark was voted into her seat.

Blatant lies and BS yet they have the nerve to constantly point out Liberal misdeeds, as if they are somehow any better.

I've never seen our hospitals, or educational institutions such as UBCO, as busy and growing as they have been during the Liberal years.

KGH has been undergoing a transformation for about a decade now.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I don't oppose the prospect of more medical students provided they have some sort of commitment to this province once finished. Without that commitment I sure wouldn't hang around BC when I could make way more in other parts of the world.
Call me a cynic but the liberals have made other promises as recently as last election regarding the huge pile of money we were going to see from natural gas and the election before where HST was not even a consideration. No one needs a history lesson from me to know where those promises ended up.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

mr.bandaid wrote:I don't oppose the prospect of more medical students provided they have some sort of commitment to this province once finished. Without that commitment I sure wouldn't hang around BC when I could make way more in other parts of the world.
    Call me a cynic but the liberals have made other promises as recently as last election regarding the huge pile of money we were going to see from natural gas and the election before where HST was not even a consideration. No one needs a history lesson from me to know where those promises ended up.

In fairness though the LNG market changed after the last election and that change wasn't caused by the government. This government, despite its faults, has done many things right. Two medical schools have been added already and the prospect of an addition to the UBC medical school is a step in the right direction.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Whatever? You give a lot of slack to the Liberals for changing times but look back at the 90's like the only thing going on in the world to effect BC was the NDP. I am not even sure I will vote this time as neither party deserves a chance at leading us. After 16 years the best the Liberals can come up with is we need to continue to grow?!?!?! Where the heck have they been for the past 15 years prior to this election? Took 16 years to get their poop in a pile and garner growth? Not for all of BC just those west of Hope.
And the best the NDP can come up with is that we just need to get rid of the corrupt Liberals while they receive cash from union donors. I hated it when my hard earned dollars forcefully taken from my paycheck to support my union went into a political parties bank account. Businesses want to donate and waste their money, go ahead, but leave my money alone.
This province is the laughing stock of Canada.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”