Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
mr.bandaid wrote:He also brought in the BC Ambulance service. I'm not sure it was to improve service and provide an equal level of patient care province wide so much as to have something that they and the liberals could beat up on.

Were ambulance drivers unionized before Barrett brought this service in?

No, prior to the NDP making the BCAS services they were run by private in some cities, fire departments in cities like Kelowna and service clubs like Lions and Kinsmen even funeral homes and taxi services in the smaller towns. It was a hodge podge of service providers, some with training most with good intentions. Before you speak poorly of the ambulance paramedics union, which I am sure is to come consider that if the IAFF were to be running the service it would be municipal and they would probably be making a lot more money. I know when I retired the 3 year fire fighter made $12,000.00 more a year than I did after 35 years.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

mr.bandaid wrote:Before you speak poorly of the ambulance paramedics union, which I am sure is to come consider that if the IAFF were to be running the service it would be municipal and they would probably be making a lot more money. I know when I retired the 3 year fire fighter made $12,000.00 more a year than I did after 35 years.

You couldn't pay me enough to run into a burning building. :biggrin: Just say'n
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Old Techie wrote:You couldn't pay me enough to run into a burning building. :biggrin: Just say'n
You couldn't pay me enough to do what paramedics do either. I have great respect for firefighters, paramedics, and police officers. Tough jobs, critically important jobs, and most do their jobs well.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Old Techie wrote:You couldn't pay me enough to run into a burning building. :biggrin: Just say'n

Not too sure how that relates to what you quoted but hey, I don't like burning buildings either. I also did not like being punched, shot at, running from knife wielding patients, being hit by drunk drivers or spending hours in hospital with concussions.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I didn't like being first on the scene of a bus accident with a group of young teens on their way to a dance competition that was hit by a transport. I didn't like telling a mother that her child had passed nor the wife of a couple who had been married for 70 years that her husband was dead. I could go on, I was a paramedic for 35 years. You're smiley face is an insult, I get that. Our jobs are as same as they are different.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

mr.bandaid wrote:. Before you speak poorly of the ambulance paramedics union, .

Other than a paramedic threatening my wife with physical violence for wanting to get to her job (and thus having to cross a stupid picket line) I have nothing to speak poorly about regarding the paramedics union. It's good that the ambulance services were centralized. I am just not surprised that it was probably motivated by the fact that certain union fat-cats were pushing for it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on May 4th, 2017, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Other than a paramedic threatening my wife with physical violence for wanting to get to her job (and thus having to cross a stupid picket line) I have nothing to speak poorly about regarding the paramedics union. It's good that the ambulance services were centralized. I am just not surprised that it was probably motivated by the fact that certain union fat-cats were pushing for it.

Two comments made to insult me again and again, other than your word and a may have, may not have happened incident at a picket line your intent is to belittle a group of men and women I would support to the end of time. You do know that not all the people on the line were paramedics, we actually had support from other unions. Do I know whether or not it happened no, but I have never met a paramedic who would do such a thing. As for the whole union fat cat comment. I would love to see where you got that from other than your hate of unions. I'm done with this topic because your comments are not worthy any further discussion.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Who knew if one brought up Dave Barrett there would be such howling and gnashing of teeth from the BC Liberal supporters? If I'd known how much my comment would cause the usual suspects to show their true colours, I would have brought it up long ago.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:Who knew if one brought up Dave Barrett there would be such howling and gnashing of teeth from the BC Liberal supporters? If I'd known how much my comment would cause the usual suspects to show their true colours, I would have brought it up long ago.

Keep bringing up Dave Barrett all you want. I am just curious how he's relevant to the discussion when we are told over and over again by brain-washed NDP zealots how the 1990's are irrelevant, and yet you want to talk about an idiot leftist bozo from the 1970's. Knock yourself out.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

We just lived through the biggest lie ever told by any government in Canada; where are those 100,000 LNG jobs? Where is that $1 Trillion Dollar Prosperity fund? How come BC is not "Debt Free" by now? Inquiring minds want to know!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^^There will be no answers to your questions because the usual suspects, the Christy Fan Club, are afflicted with the same arrogance as their Photo-op Princess. However, the rest of us know the answers and I'll be happy to give them to you.

The whole thing, the 'Debt-Free BC' sign on the bus, the 100,000 LNG jobs, the trillion dollar prosperity fund, the removal of the PST, etc., was a sham dreamed up by Christy's 'boys in short pants' (borrowed from Harper). The Christy Liberals were dropping like flies in the polls, half of her cabinet had jumped ship, and she had to come up with something fast if she wanted to stay in the race, hence the pack of lies.

Unfortunately, there were enough gullible and/or greedy voters in B.C. to get them elected, and here we are, 4 years later, another $22 billion deeper in debt and another $14+ billion in contractual debt (over and above the $102 billion we have already been saddled with). And still there are those who have been duped, or will be duped on May 9 to vote for these miscreants. Sad, isn't it?
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

We just lived through the biggest lie ever told by any government in Canada; where are those 100,000 LNG jobs? Where is that $1 Trillion Dollar Prosperity fund? How come BC is not "Debt Free" by now? Inquiring minds want to know!

Can you here those crickets?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

BeingHuman wrote:We just lived through the biggest lie ever told by any government in Canada; where are those 100,000 LNG jobs? Where is that $1 Trillion Dollar Prosperity fund? How come BC is not "Debt Free" by now? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ah, the LNG thing again. Tell me, does John Horgan have a crystal ball? Would he have seen the oil crash coming? This downturn hit everybody unexpectedly. EVERYBODY. I don't see how you can keep harping on the Liberals as
if the Liberals should have been able to read the future when no one else could. Well I do see how actually. It's just an extension of the "Let's get her!" political strategy. I understand it's all you have, and the polls are showing that the electorate is cluing in as well.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

lasnomadas wrote: And still there are those who have been duped, or will be duped on May 9 to vote for these miscreants. Sad, isn't it?

Ain't democracy wonderful?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”