BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: BC Election issues

Post by GordonH »

George+ wrote:Minority governments usually result in another election before
end of term.

Which speaks volumes on how big of as :cuss: holes politicians can be & are.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

It also results in a very expensive reset. You can't blame the electorate if it happens. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the parties and their leaders. The only ones who can effect change are those people. We effect change by not voting in the best of two inadequate parties or the lesser of two evils.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.theprovince.com/news/local+n ... story.html

another lawsuit against the clark govt allowed
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:
    BeingHuman wrote:It was an expensive referendum, coming in at $8.9 Million according to Elections BC. Who knew having a government not being honest and upfront would have that kind of cost associated to it?

Revisionist history. As Bill Good pointed out at the time, the government never promised NOT to bring in the HST. The issue wasn't honesty but the handling of the HST file was a gong show from beginning to end. Despite that the NDP still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

There's a lot of that revisionist history been going on, from the predictable suspects.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

WOW, just WOW.. Another fine example of hard-hat Christy and her crew squandering our tax dollars and pandering to big business, The Liberals should be ashamed of themselves..
Liberal Leader Christy Clark is defending a little-known tax rebate program meant to attract international business to British Columbia that allowed TD Bank to claim a $2.8-million refund.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/196319 ... ax-rebates
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Bill Good? That 'journalist' is CKNW's equivalent of Global's Keith Baldrey. :biggrin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:Bill Good? That 'journalist' is CKNW's equivalent of Global's Keith Baldrey. :biggrin:

So he's really informative and good at his job. Interesting.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

From what I've seen, the NDP'ers on here list their top three issues as follows:

1. I hate Christy Clark
2. I hate Christy Clark
3. I hate Christy Clark

When asked what the NDP could do for our province their top three things are as follows:

1. I hate Christy Clark.
2. I hate Christy Clark.
3. I hate Christy Clark.

Thanks, NDP'ers, for another campaign like the 2013 campaign. Your consistency is impressive.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^Ignoring your last comment, but I must agree with your previous one . Both Good and Baldrey are doing an excellent job of cheerleading for Christy Clark.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:^Ignoring your last comment, but I must agree with your previous one . Both Good and Baldrey are doing an excellent job of cheerleading for Christy Clark.
At some point you really need to look at the problems with your party rather than making up stuff. Keith Baldrey and Bill Good aren't the cause of your party losing four elections in a row.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Maybe not, but they've both contributed immensely to the BC Liberal wins.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:Maybe not, but they've both contributed immensely to the BC Liberal wins.
No. If your party had policies that most people supported the NDP would not have lost four elections in a row. You know, I remember back in 2013 Keith Baldrey and Vaughan Palmer telling us that the NDP would win the election. They hammered away at the HST fiasco, talked about the unpopularity of the Liberals, and told us that it would be an uphill battle for the Liberals to win. Of course you omit all that from your memory because it doesn't fit your narrative. And that narrative is that the NDP is a victim of some sort. Well, they're a victim alright. A victim of their own bad policies.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:Maybe not, but they've both contributed immensely to the BC Liberal wins.

Not really. The NDP have contributed immensely to BC Liberal wins. Mostly by putting out dumpster fires for platforms.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Urbane wrote:From what I've seen, the NDP'ers on here list their top three issues as follows:

1. I hate Christy Clark
2. I hate Christy Clark
3. I hate Christy Clark

When asked what the NDP could do for our province their top three things are as follows:

1. I hate Christy Clark.
2. I hate Christy Clark.
3. I hate Christy Clark.

Thanks, NDP'ers, for another campaign like the 2013 campaign. Your consistency is impressive.

I don't hate anyone. I don't like her politics, not a big fan of NDP politics either. I find the Christy is about as effective as a screen door in a submarine at representing my riding. It would be nice to have a person representing me who actually cares enough about my area to live here. As a former school board trustee it would be nice to have a premier who respects the public system enough to have here child educated within it.
As a resident of BC my whole life and living where I do now for 20 years I think I should be allowed my opinion without you cheerleaders ganging up on me. Yesterdays treatment was the preverbial straw.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 5th, 2017, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”