Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Post by fluffy »

lasnomadas wrote:Unfortunately, there were enough gullible and/or greedy voters in B.C. to get them elected...?

Ain't democracy wonderful?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:^^There will be no answers to your questions because the usual suspects, the Christy Fan Club, are afflicted with the same arrogance as their Photo-op Princess. However, the rest of us know the answers and I'll be happy to give them to you.

The whole thing, the 'Debt-Free BC' sign on the bus, the 100,000 LNG jobs, the trillion dollar prosperity fund, the removal of the PST, etc., was a sham dreamed up by Christy's 'boys in short pants' (borrowed from Harper). The Christy Liberals were dropping like flies in the polls, half of her cabinet had jumped ship, and she had to come up with something fast if she wanted to stay in the race, hence the pack of lies.

Unfortunately, there were enough gullible and/or greedy voters in B.C. to get them elected, and here we are, 4 years later, another $22 billion deeper in debt and another $14+ billion in contractual debt (over and above the $102 billion we have already been saddled with). And still there are those who have been duped, or will be duped on May 9 to vote for these miscreants. Sad, isn't it?

This is incredibly rich (my bold), protesting someone's inability to tell the future, coming from someone who can't be truthful about the work on the tower at PRH, or the improvements to Westside Road, etc., and who absolutely refuses to acknowledge their own mistakes.

To err is human, but there's a rather droll double standard at play here. Funny how people like this will insist we should hold some politicians to a standard they consistently refuse to impose on themselves.

We're told we should vote against this party because they predicted wrong, that we should vote against them because they are corrupt, by people who themselves provide obviously wrong historical and current information, and who themselves persist in corrupting facts to suit their own narrative.

Nope, this topic is just another petty distraction. At the end of the day, it's still more about which party is most likely to govern most effectively. There's still no evidence the NDP gets that. They're still treating elections like high school popularity contests. Until they it's not all about protesting everything someone else is doing and promising the moon, they won't be getting my vote.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote:
Ah, the LNG thing again. Tell me, does John Horgan have a crystal ball? Would he have seen the oil crash coming? This downturn hit everybody unexpectedly. EVERYBODY. I don't see how you can keep harping on the Liberals as
if the Liberals should have been able to read the future when no one else could. Well I do see how actually. It's just an extension of the "Let's get her!" political strategy. I understand it's all you have, and the polls are showing that the electorate is cluing in as well.

Can you hear those crickets?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:Unfortunately, there were enough gullible and/or greedy voters in B.C. to get them elected,

So to sum up - if you vote BC Liberal, you are gullible and greedy, and apparently a terrible human being. If you vote NDP, you are gullible and are enabling lazy slobs who can't be bothered to put together even the most basic of platforms, or be bothered to explain who their plans will be paid for. And you definitely are a terrible human being. And the Greens, well, you have to put down your calculators all together as their platform is somewhere in Pluto when it comes to being in the realm of reality. And people wonder why many don't bother voting anymore.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Time to wake up people, do you want to roll the dice and bet on fossil fuels again? The BC Liberals doubled down on LNG and lost, they came up with snake eyes! Should we give them another shot at "gambling" away our children's future? Do you want the quality of our children's education, our health care, our social services, tied to the volatile price of natural gas?

When you vote for the BC Liberals its a very REAL GAMBLE. It's time to play it safe, its time for a secure government, on May 9th vote NDP. :smt045
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

BeingHuman wrote:Time to wake up people, do you want to roll the dice and bet on fossil fuels again? The BC Liberals doubled down on LNG and lost, they came up with snake eyes! Should we give them another shot at "gambling" away our children's future? Do you want the quality of our children's education, our health care, our social services, tied to the volatile price of natural gas?

When you vote for the BC Liberals its a very real REAL GAMBLE. It's time to play it safe, its time for a secure government, on May 9th vote NDP. :smt045

How bizarre, suggesting a vote for the Liberal party is the same as "betting" on fossil fuels.

I suppose since the NDP is still unable to provide sensible reasons to vote for them, desperate times call for desperate measures. But seriously, this is getting beyond bizarre.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

BeingHuman wrote:Time to wake up people, do you want to roll the dice and bet on fossil fuels again?

At this point it's a safer bet than betting on an unknown. Recovery is well underway in Alberta (pipelines) and the major players are positioning themselves to move on LNG when the pricepoint is right (check out Royal Dutch Shell, Petronas, Woodfibre LNG). rustled nailed it perfectly in that the election is mere days away and the NDP still can't tell us why we should vote for them. Agreed it's a roll of the dice, politics always is, but at this point the odds are with the Liberals.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

BeingHuman wrote:It's time to play it safe, its time for a secure government, on May 9th vote NDP.

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Had I been drinking my morning coffee when reading this surely it would have ended up all over my screen!!

Thank you so much for the morning chuckle. :130:
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

BC's was never economically dependent on fossil fuels until the fossil fuel industry bought out the BC Liberal Government; over $750,000 from Kinder Morgan and associated companies. https://canadians.org/blog/bc-liberals- ... -companies

Oil and Gas Corporations falling all over themselves with fists of cash donating to the BC Liberal Party, so they can "pay to play" in BC. http://www.nationalobserver.com/2017/03 ... al-machine

BC used to be Forest Industry dependent, but the Oil & Gas industry has seen to it that the BC Liberals would abandon our Forest Resources so that we become more dependent on their volatile Natural Gas industry.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/re ... story.html

BC's economy was once a diversified economy, that was it's strength, under this BC Liberal Government, we are becoming more dependent on the price of Natural Gas.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

BeingHuman wrote:BC used to be Forest Industry dependent, but the Oil & Gas industry has seen to it that the BC Liberal would abandon our Forest Resources so that we become more dependent on their volatile Natural Gas industry.

The forest industry has been in transition for decades, but some recent major developments have changed the face of forestry for ever. The decline in housing construction south of the border is a huge part of that, gutting our biggest market for lumber, and now Trumps protectionist policies will take it even further down the drain. Economic slow downs tied to the oil price crash have also seriously affected our overseas markets. I don't know what sort of influence you think the BC Liberals have on the global economy, maybe you could elaborate on that.

Truth of the matter is that the global economy is in flux. The playing field changes daily. Pointing to the past and pining over the good old days might garner a few votes from the less informed members of the electorate, but it's certainly not going to help us moving forward. It may be a gamble to put a lot of eggs in the oil & gas basket, but it's a good bet in my books, one that will increase in value as the global economy recovers. The NDP's strategy to not bet at all will ultimately be a major step backwards for the BC economy, and the fiscal health of British Columbians in general.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

The forest industry has been in transition for about 16 years, exactly as long as this BC Liberal government has been in power. Before the BC Liberal government took office in 2001, our Forest Industry was health and vibrant, now hundreds of sawmills have closed, over 30,000 forestry related jobs lost. Instead the BC Liberals told us the LNG Industry will save us, it will wipe out BC's debt... so where are we now???

We have a husk of a once vibrant forest industry, and nothing to show in LNG!!! Thanks a lot BC Liberals!!!
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

Many jobs have disappeared over the years: https://www.thestreet.com/story/1280586 ... eared.html

Yes it is unfortunate, but that is what happens. Even where I work, I used to work with 15 software developers. Over the last 10 years with improvements in technology, we are now producing a better product, and producing it faster with 4 developers. That is the price of change. We are now in what I call the Technology Revolution. The last major upheaval was the Industrial Revolution.

As to forestry, I found a government chart showing that the amount of lumber produced by BC is now back up to where it was before the 2008 recession. Automation is killing off jobs in forestry, as well as in many other industries. Does it suck for those people (and the communities in which they live) who lose their jobs? Yes, of course it does. But there are many resources provided by the government to retrain. Is there always going to be pain for some people? Yes. It has always been that way, and it always will be. Luckily we have programs to hopefully minimize the pain for those people.

Just look at the changes in the prairies. The town where my mom grew up used to have several hundred people living there. It is now down to 37. There are hundreds of towns like that. That is what happens. Unfortunately.

I have had to reinvent myself several times to keep working as technology has changed. Losing ones job really isn't the end of the world (but it may seem like it at the time).
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

BeingHuman wrote:Time to wake up people, do you want to roll the dice and bet on fossil fuels again?

Yes. I love fossil fuels. They are awesome.

Do you want the quality of our children's education, our health care, our social services, tied to the volatile price of natural gas?

Better than them tied to the price of welfare, which is what would happen when everyone loses their jobs under a backward and horrible NDP government.

When you vote for the BC Liberals its a very REAL GAMBLE.

Not really. We'll get more of the same. We deserve much much better, but we won't get it, because there is no real Opposition in this province. Just a giant steaming lazy pile of leftist poop. The NDP needs to disband, and then we can focus on getting rid of the Liberals.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 5th, 2017, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

A little further on the forestry thing, the advent of digital communication has all but killed the pulp & paper industry. I'd be interested in hearing what the left sees as possible solutions to the changes in the forest industry, given that output is actually increasing as muzza mentioned above.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Green Barbarian states; "Yes. I love fossil fuels. They are awesome."

Good to hear GB, if you like them so much let’s do an experiment, I will sit inside a closed garage for 5 hours with an electric vehicle running. You can sit inside a closed garage for 5 hours with an internal combustion engine (fossil fuel fed) vehicle running. Hmm... I wonder which one of us will literally love their preferred energy source to "death"?

If the emissions from burning fossil fuels can kill you in an enclosed space, how good can it be for our environment? Your hero, and International fossil fuels salesman extraordinaire, Stephen Harper got it right when he said; "There is no long term future in fossil fuels"

Alberta NDP leader Rachel Notley also agrees, so when you have a pro-oil sands Conservative ex-Prime Minister, and the leader of an oilsands rich province saying there is no future in fossil fuels, why can’t Christy Clark and the BC Liberals admit the same? Because there is way too much money coming into BC Liberal Party coffers from the oil and gas industry, that’s why!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... hel-notley

Even major Oil Corporations are now admitting there is no long term future in their industry and are making major concessions on carbon taxes… yet the last ones to admit to reality are the BC Liberals and their fringe supporters like GB.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 22211.html

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”