B.C. Political Ads

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: B.C. Political Ads

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:Yes, I am looking forward to May 9th, no more BC Liberal US style political ads that promoting hate, fear, and division.

Yes. Only the BC Liberals are doing this. The 400 NDP attack ads about Christy Clark I had to stomach while watching the hockey game last night were all filled with hope and love and confidence. Sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

That's what happens when you're stuck in the 90's. There is a button on your remote now called mute. I use it all the time for all the political ads.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

No, it simply sums it up for GlobalBC and the BC Liberals. I refuse to watch anymore of Keith Blow-dry's ridiculous, biased 'interviews' with the BC political leaders. That one with Christy this morning appeared to be taped 'the morning after', and his relentless pushing for Weaver to pick sides was pathetic.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

lasnomadas wrote:No, it simply sums it up for GlobalBC and the BC Liberals. I refuse to watch anymore of Keith Blow-dry's ridiculous, biased 'interviews' with the BC political leaders. That one with Christy this morning appeared to be taped 'the morning after', and his relentless pushing for Weaver to pick sides was pathetic.

If your not a fan of bias, I hope you don't read your owns posts.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:No, it simply sums it up for GlobalBC and the BC Liberals. I refuse to watch anymore of Keith Blow-dry's ridiculous, biased 'interviews' with the BC political leaders. That one with Christy this morning appeared to be taped 'the morning after', and his relentless pushing for Weaver to pick sides was pathetic.

LOL - this from the guy that wants everyone to read Layla what's her name and Norm Farrell's NDP drivel-laden blogs.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

'Bias' - unfair influence.
A media personality who intentionally tries to influence the viewing audience is 'biased'. I am but one viewer who thinks such a person should not be allowed to unfairly influence B.C. voters. Do you not see the difference?

As for the above mentioned bloggers, perhaps you would be wise to take them more seriously than certain members of the MSM.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 5th, 2017, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try again without being disgusting.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Hassel99 wrote:Its so weird that this election feels like the continuation of 2013, not a new election.

Not great for the people of BC.

Its even weirder that one of the parties think doing the same thing in 2013 will end up in with a different result.
It makes sense for the party that won to stay the course. It makes sense for the Greens to step up like they have, but the Same old NDP just do not understand.

This was their destiny when they realized no one wanted to be leader. No new blood, no new ideas. John did not get his position via votes, he was acclaimed because no one else wanted to do it.

I'd say your assessment is spot on.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Hassel99 wrote:

If your not a fan of bias, I hope you don't read your owns posts.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Gotta admit that door was left wide open.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

lasnomadas wrote:'Bias' - unfair influence.
A media personality who intentionally tries to influence the viewing audience is 'biased'. I am but one viewer who thinks such a person should not be allowed to unfairly influence B.C. voters.

That's the challenge these days isn't it? Where do you go for unbiased, objective journalism?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”