Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:Green Barbarian states; "Yes. I love fossil fuels. They are awesome."

Good to hear GB, if you like them so much let’s do an experiment, I will sit inside a closed garage for 5 hours with an electric vehicle running. You can sit inside a closed garage for 5 hours with an internal combustion engine (fossil fuel fed) vehicle running. Hmm... I wonder which one of us will literally love their preferred energy source to "death"?

This is a stupid comparative that has no bearing on anything. The earth isn't a closed garage. And where did the electricity come from for the electric car to run? From Site C? Oh no! You hate Site C!!

If the emissions from burning fossil fuels can kill you in an enclosed space, how good can it be for our environment?

Once again, stupid comment. Oxygen can kill you in an enclosed space. How good can oxygen be for our environment? Nitrogen can kill you in an enclosed space. How good can nitrogen be for our environment??

Your hero, and International fossil fuels salesman extraordinaire, Stephen Harper got it right when he said; "There is no long term future in fossil fuels"

I'm not sure that Harper said this, considering the nonsense you just posted above re enclosed spaces, but that's wonderful. I don't care about the long term. Just the 150 years of natural gas reserves BC has, that you lied about us not having yesterday.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I was hoping to come back here and find some reasonable defense of the BC Liberal/fossil fuel promoters, but all I find is the same old gong show. May 10 can't come soon enough for me.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:I was hoping to come back here and find some reasonable defense of the BC Liberal/fossil fuel promoters, .

What would you consider a "reasonable defence"? There isn't one with the Church of Global Warming types, it's just "natural gas bad" and that's it, and then they go off babbling about garages. I'd like to see a reasonable defence of the NDP platform, including an idea of where the money is supposed to come from to pay for all of their extremely bad ideas, but I know that's never going to happen. We do agree that May the 10th can't come soon enough, as the NDP slink back into their holes waiting for the 2021 election to dust off the same :cuss: platform from the 1990's, and then shrug and go "oh well" when they are again handed a giant kick in the cajones.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

BeingHuman wrote:Alberta NDP leader Rachel Notley also agrees... and the leader of an oilsands rich province saying there is no future in fossil fuels

Excuse me? The article clearly states that she said no long term future in fossil fuels, and we could expect to be weened off them with a hundred years.

Your twisting of the facts has become all too predictable.

Wouldn't the smart play be to figure out how to replace fossil fuel revenue before shutting off the taps altogether?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

lasnomadas wrote:I was hoping to come back here and find some reasonable defense of the BC Liberal/fossil fuel promoters, but all I find is the same old gong show. May 10 can't come soon enough for me.

I trust we will then be able to count on you to be quiet for the next four years when the NDP tries again? :)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

100 years fluffy? The demand for fossil fuels will have long since ended by then, and under a pro-fossil fuel industry government like the BC Liberals, we will be one of the last places in the world to go fossil free. The timelines for other countries going fossil free are much, much, shorter.

“Earlier this year, Costa Rica met the entirety of its national power demand using renewable energy for 75 days straight. Shortly afterwards, the U.S. state of Hawaii passed legislature decreeing that, by 2045, the entire island will be powered by renewable, sustainable energy sources. Denmark, one spectacularly windy day in July, generated 140% of the nation’s electricity demand through wind power alone, as reported by the Guardian. Remarkably, much of the excess was given to Germany, Norway and Sweden.”

“Sweden may have taken this to heart, because just last month they announced that they will be spending an extra $546 million (£360 million) on renewable energy and climate change action, beginning with their budget for 2016. The ultimate aim is as ambitious as it is honorable: They hope to become one of the world’s first nations to end its dependence on fossil fuels. Solar energy, in particular, has seen its budget increase by 800%”.

“Although this nationwide goal has not got its own timetable yet, the Swedish government has announced that its capital of Stockholm aims to be powered only by sustainable energy sources by 2050.”

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/s ... ee-nation/
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

BeingHuman wrote:100 years fluffy? The demand for fossil fuels will have long since ended by then, /

I hope not. Petroleum is an extremely cheap fuel source that has lifted billions from poverty, and will continue to do so, unless much more expensive unsustainable and downright stupid energy sources like wind and solar are forced down peoples' throats, all in the name of fairy tales.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I'll be quiet when B.C. finally throws the BC Liberals out of our province so we can return to some semblance of sanity in government. And when they rebrand themselves as BC Conservatives, you can be sure to be hearing from me then as well.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:I'll be quiet when B.C. finally throws the BC Liberals out of our province .

and I promise to be of similar mind and attitude when BC finally forces the disbanding of the NDP, and we can finally be free.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

lasnomadas wrote:I'll be quiet when B.C. finally throws the BC Liberals out of our province so we can return to some semblance of sanity in government. And when they rebrand themselves as BC Conservatives, you can be sure to be hearing from me then as well.

These power hungry people will pretend to be whoever, or whatever it takes to win! The triple delete fiasco is another example of their win at all costs approach; "Duncan said he’s not sure what information was contained in the emails because he only saw the subject lines before they were deleted. When he questioned the appropriateness of the actions in a conversation with the B.C. Liberal caucus research director he said he was told, “It’s like in the West Wing. You do whatever it takes to win.”

Duncan was fired in March.

Yup, in this BC Liberal government, having a conscience and ethics gets you fired!

http://www.vancouversun.com/government+ ... story.html
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

*Self Deleted* Off topic.
Last edited by Jx3 on May 5th, 2017, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

BeingHuman wrote:100 years fluffy? The demand for fossil fuels will have long since ended by then, and under a pro-fossil fuel industry government like the BC Liberals, we will be one of the last places in the world to go fossil free. The timelines for other countries going fossil free are much, much, shorter.

That is neither here nor there. I was taking issue with the fact that you misrepresented Premier Notely's position, leaving out a crucial part of what she said in order to change its meaning and further your own agenda, one significantly different than hers. I believe that's called a "lie of omission".

Fossil fuels are comparatively easy money, and a path to a vibrant economy. We're going to need a strong economy to afford the R&D we need to get us off fossil fuels. As I've said before, simply shutting off the taps before a viable replacement is available is so far beyond stupid that the light from stupid won't get there for a million years.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

fluffy; being a conservative, you should know words have no meaning, you say "lie of omission" I say "error of omission". We say that Conservative MP "lied" they say no he didn't, he simply "mis-spoke". So you see Lib-Cons NEVER LIE, they only on occasion mis-speak. *rolls eyeballs*
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

BeingHuman wrote:fluffy; being a conservative, you should know words have no meaning, you say "lie of omission" I say "error of omission". We say that Conservative MP "lied" they say no he didn't, he simply "mis-spoke". So you see Lib-Cons NEVER LIE, they only on occasion mis-speak. *rolls eyeballs*

Sorry, I see truth and honesty in a more black & white aspect, not the shades of grey you seem to be comfortable with. Given your track record on this thread you'll have a hard time convincing me that your "error" was anything less than deliberate.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

This is so totally in line with the topic of this thread; when a Lib-Con political party, and/or their politicians, are WRONG they can't even admit it. Even the title of this discussion thread no longer has any meaning to a Lib-Con; case in point:

"Conservative MP Brad Butt says he 'misspoke' when he earlier claimed that he personally saw voter identification cards being retrieved from the garbage and used by people to vote illegally." Noooo... he didn't lie, he wasn't WRONG, he simply "misspoke".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tory-mp ... -1.2549661

Under the world category - political memes section, I posted a meme about the BC Liberals using "clerical errors" to deflect blame for their WRONGS. Lib-Con are never WRONG, they only admit to errors, clerical or otherwise. So, so, so "honourable", after all, when you officially address an MP or MLA, at one time, the word "honourable" was included in their title.

IMO, we are electing unethical people who denigrate the meaning of being "honourable"!!! But hey, anything it takes to win... right?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”