Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Liberals WRONG on more than Linda being an NDP plant

Post by rustled »

BeingHuman wrote:This is so totally in line with the topic of this thread; when a Lib-Con political party, and/or their politicians, are WRONG they can't even admit it. Even the title of this discussion thread no longer has any meaning to a Lib-Con; case in point:

"Conservative MP Brad Butt says he 'misspoke' when he earlier claimed that he personally saw voter identification cards being retrieved from the garbage and used by people to vote illegally." Noooo... he didn't lie, he wasn't WRONG, he simply "misspoke".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tory-mp ... -1.2549661

Under the world category - political memes section, I posted a meme about the BC Liberals using "clerical errors" to deflect blame for their WRONGS. Lib-Con are never WRONG, they only admit to errors, clerical or otherwise. So, so, so "honourable", after all, when you officially address an MP or MLA, at one time, the word "honourable" was included in their title.

IMO, we are electing unethical people who denigrate the meaning of being "honourable"!!! But hey, anything it takes to win... right?

ROFLOL!

So, it's okay for NDP supporters to post falsehoods and refuse to admit they made a mistake, because those BC Liberals are so darned unethical and dishonourable?

Gee, just how blind does an NDP supporter have to be in order to harp on and on about how others can't admit it when they're wrong when they themselves are on here with post after post playin' fast and loose with the truth and refusing to acknowledge their own mistakes and mistruths?

But hey, anything it takes, right?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

So, the Christy cheerleaders on this thread are still assuming that anyone who wants to get rid of the corrupt BC Liberal government is an NDP supporter. I guess it just doesn't occur to them that there are plenty of former BC Liberal supporters who want to get rid of them as well.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It all goes to credibility. There are a number of regular contributors here of various political stripe that don't let truth and accuracy get in the way of a good rant. This is the game these days, to some it's not what's true and accurate, it's what they think they can get people to believe, and nowhere is that more evident than in the world of politics. The challenge is upon us to seek out credible information where ever it exists, and not be shy to load up the circular file with that which doesn't qualify.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

To paraphrase Tennesee Williams: "There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...You can smell it. It smells like death politics."
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:So, the Christy cheerleaders on this thread are still assuming that anyone who wants to get rid of the corrupt BC Liberal government is an NDP supporter. I guess it just doesn't occur to them that there are plenty of former BC Liberal supporters who want to get rid of them as well.

Yes, there sure are plenty of former BC Liberal supporters who'd gladly vote for a better alternative. Plenty. Too bad there's no better alternative.

You'd think it would be easy: provide voters with a sensible, properly costed platform that doesn't unnecessarily inflate government at the expense of the taxpayer, and won't be likely to get in the way of the economy.

But apparently no other party can wrap its head around that.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

d0nb wrote:To paraphrase Tennesee Williams: "There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...You can smell it. It smells like death politics."

I see mendacious people. They post everywhere. And they don't know they're mendacious. :biggrin:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

rustled wrote:
d0nb wrote:To paraphrase Tennesee Williams: "There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...You can smell it. It smells like death politics."

I see mendacious people. They post everywhere. And they don't know they're mendacious. :biggrin:

Hmmm..... the MDP party................ has a nice ring to it. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

fluffy wrote:
Ah, the LNG thing again. Tell me, does John Horgan have a crystal ball? Would he have seen the oil crash coming? This downturn hit everybody unexpectedly. EVERYBODY. I don't see how you can keep harping on the Liberals as
if the Liberals should have been able to read the future when no one else could. Well I do see how actually. It's just an extension of the "Let's get her!" political strategy. I understand it's all you have, and the polls are showing that the electorate is cluing in as well.

We're flooding up here in the north Okanagan and Shuswap. John Horgan said he'll stop the rain for us. What did Christy Clark ever do for us?? <sarcasm off> :biggrin:
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Clark forgot to finance flood control.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Not to worry, Christy will call a "state of emergency" not to actually do anything, but just to look good during an election campaign.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

This is so WRONG!!! The B.C. Liberals made almost $5 million in donations from the people they appointed to the boards that oversee many government functions in this province – some 21 times more than the appointees gave to the NDP, according to a CTV News review.

More than half of the board members in dozens of government institutions, including Fraser Health, the University of British Columbia, the B.C. Lottery Corporation, and the Vancouver Police Board, are liberal donors, the review found.

So that’s how it works, you make a large donation to the BC Liberal Party, and the BC Liberal Government will appoint you to a Board or a Commission. The stench is strong on this one!

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/millions-in-donati ... -1.3400976
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:
So that’s how it works, you make a large donation to the BC Liberal Party, and the BC Liberal Government will appoint you to a Board or a Commission. The stench is strong on this one!

Also how it works, is that these people are eminently qualified. Which is why they have money to give in the first place. My issue with the NDP, whenever they do find a province or jurisdiction dumb enough to elect them, is that they appoint nothing but unqualified union turds and labour bag-men to these positions. And then surprise! You get stupid decisions, like the Fast Ferry fiasco. The NDP plays the same patronage game as every other party, its just that the people they have to choose from are far dumber and unqualified than everyone else. And that's a big problem.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

I don't recall the NDP ever giving back $93,000 in donations, oops I mean $174,000 in donations, wait a minute I think we are up to $250,000 (quarter of a million) in donations like the BC Liberals are doing? How come they are giving all that money back? Is it because that money was received in an illegal manner?

https://www.thetyee.ca/News/2017/05/03/ ... Donations/

Why would anyone vote for a political party that can't tell the difference between right and WRONG?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

In one of the newspaper editorials I posted earlier, endorsing the Liberals, it was pointed out (as many of us have on here) that while the NDP have pushed to ban corporate and union donations they've been happily accepting donations. And engaging in pay to play dinners etc. So their hands aren't clean. Andrew Weaver and the Greens do have clean hands so if this is your number one issue vote Green.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:In one of the newspaper editorials I posted earlier, endorsing the Liberals, it was pointed out (as many of us have on here) that while the NDP have pushed to ban corporate and union donations they've been happily accepting donations. And engaging in pay to play dinners etc. So their hands aren't clean. Andrew Weaver and the Greens do have clean hands so if this is your number one issue vote Green.

That's one way to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. LOL

Or the hypocrites from.................
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”