Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election?

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

http://www.news1130.com/2017/05/05/will ... -election/

The brush-off would certainly have faded from memory, but the Liberals’ bloated campaign team attacked on Twitter. Campaign director Laura Miller and digital strategist Mark Marissen labelled Higgins an NDP plant, hell-bent on disrupting the Liberal campaign. Their supporters jumped in, seemingly on cue, some calling Higgins a “*bleep*” and more.

One whistleblower, who is cooperating with the RCMP investigation into lobbying pratices, says he was “totally corrupted,” by BC’s entrenched pay-to-play culture. He says there is “no limit” to the emails requesting tens of thousands of dollars for cash-for-access fundraisers, golf tournaments, and dinners with the premier and senior cabinet members; the long-time lobbyist tells Maclean’s it is well-known in the industry that if you do not donate when asked, the party in power will shut you out. The goal of the game is delivering wins to clients, which becomes next to impossible when the doors of power are shut.

Former premier Gordon Campbell’s long-serving chief of staff, Martyn Brown, describes this system of “influence-buying” as “chronically deceitful” and “coercive to the core.” And it has also opened the door wide, other critics say, to global capital on a massive scale.
The Liberal party has been pulling in donations from oil giants from Malaysia and Singapore...
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election

Post by George+ »

We can only hope it costs her.

She has shown her true colors.

The Liberals do not deserve to win again.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The have never deserved to win. Not since Gordon Campbell hijacked Gordon Wilson's BC Liberal Party and filled all the important positions with recycled Socreds.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Christy Clark reeks arrogance.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

George+ wrote:Christy Clark reeks arrogance.

Did you mean to say "Christy Clark reeks of arrogance?"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

George+ wrote:Christy Clark reeks arrogance.

Hassel99 wrote:Did you mean to say "Christy Clark reeks of arrogance?"

Politicians all reek of BS, it just depends who's BS people are willing to have as Government i.e Liberal, NDP or Green's
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:The have never deserved to win. Not since Gordon Campbell hijacked Gordon Wilson's BC Liberal Party and filled all the important positions with recycled Socreds.

Therefore, it should be easy for any party to present voters with what a majority will see as a better alternative.

Instead, we see this focus on personality traits. We're expected to make our dislike for the Liberals our top priority in the voting booth, as though that should be the most important thing in our lives.

Some may see "who we like and who we don't" or "who we want to stick it to" as more important than a properly costed platform.

But arrogant leadership versus a high likelihood of expensive and inefficient public policy? No contest.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

While in my case it is not that I dislike the Liberals as much as I don't trust my MLA and Premier who happens to be one in the same. That's my opinion. Don't live in my area, don't educate you child in the public system you are supposed to support and drag taxpayer dollars in and out of court constantly. Too bad they didn't have to repay that money out of their bulging Liberal coffers.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:
Some may see "who we like and who we don't" or "who we want to stick it to" as more important than a properly costed platform.

But arrogant leadership versus a high likelihood of expensive and inefficient public policy? No contest.

Rustled drops the mic and walks out of the room. This mantra should be taped to the walls of every NDP office in 2021, when they are wondering why they lost in 2017.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Many billions on unneeded Site C and DeasIsland bridge.

The Liberals have accumulated more debt than any party in the history of B.C.

At least the NDP will have people programs for taxes collected.

The Lieberals only have mega projects.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Many billions on unneeded Site C and DeasIsland bridge.

The Liberals have accumulated more debt than any party in the history of B.C.

At least the NDP will have people programs for taxes collected.

The Lieberals only have mega projects.

Reality, from the Globe and Mail:

The budget? Balanced. Debt? Low and stable. It’s at half the level or less of provinces east of Saskatchewan.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/ ... e34906441/
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Debt?.

Ah ha ha ha.

Highest ever...mega projects! to add more!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Debt?.

Ah ha ha ha.

Highest ever...mega projects! to add more!
You really need to look at the BIG picture, George. Our debt level is lower than most other jurisdictions, not higher, and when we do spend money we get some bang for our buck. You should read the excellent article that I posted earlier today in the Site C thread of the BC Forums. The Site C Clean Energy Project is great for our province and most people agree.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The polls indicate most B.C.ers want a pause in Site C.
NDP policy.
Highest debt in the province's history under the Lieberals.
Vote NDP. Went to Weaver's Kelowna rally...very weak..said he could prop Liberals.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:The polls indicate most B.C.ers want a pause in Site C.
    NDP policy.
    Highest debt in the province's history under the Lieberals.
    Vote NDP. Went to Weaver's Kelowna rally...very weak..said he could prop Liberals.
That ridiculous poll? No, most people are in favour of Site C and are proud of BC's tradition of clean, affordable hydro-electric power. As to our debt level you should be happy that BC has a lower debt level than most other places.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”