BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: BC Election issues

Post by mr.bandaid »

If it comes to be that we have a minority between the Liberals and the NDP the greens will join with the liberals to form a government and that my friends is a recipe for disaster. A bunch of tree huggers in bed with a bunch of sell off, strip and give away to big business at any cost. I don't see that marriage lasting much more than a week or two.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

mr.bandaid wrote:If it comes to be that we have a minority between the Liberals and the NDP the greens will join with the liberals to form a government and that my friends is a recipe for disaster. A bunch of tree huggers in bed with a bunch of sell off, strip and give away to big business at any cost. I don't see that marriage lasting much more than a week or two.

and I don't see anyone being able to work with the arrogant NDP either. We'll be going back to the polls pretty quick no matter what happens.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

True, Merry. I just listened to Weaver's interview on CBC's 'The House', and I was not impressed with much of what he said.But at least he sounded sincere, which is Christy's weakest trait. It's obvious to everyone except the most obtuse that she's lying through her teeth on every issue.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Green Barbarian wrote:and I don't see anyone being able to work with the arrogant NDP either. We'll be going back to the polls pretty quick no matter what happens.

Andrew Weaver certainly has let everyone know about Horgan's terrible temper. He's tried to work with Horgan and would still like to but Horgan explodes on him. When Horgan initially decided not to seek the leadership he talked about the need for a new generation to take over the NDP and he also acknowledged his volatility. I think that volatility is having a negative effect on his campaign.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

http://angusreid.org/bc-election-campaign-analysis/
Angus Reid Poll released May 4, 2017

http://www.stand.earth/page/bc-election-report-card
Stand.Earth (Formerly Forest Ethics) Report Card

With over 400,000 voters already casting their votes in early voting there is clearly a move for a change in the governance for the Province. Most crystal balls say the election is too close to call. That being said I believe that how people will vote will be influenced by three things:
- their future economic outlook
- how they feel their children are being educated
- the medical service they are receiving.

A majority of those polled who earn less than $99,000 believe that they are worse off economically now than in 2013. Sixty-six percent of those polled believe that new social programs and movement towards a balanced budget should be done by taxing the wealthy and foreign real estate speculators. Most a slim majority of BC residents believe in the twinning of the Kinder morgan pipeline and the removing of tolls from lower mainland bridges.

Yet over 1/3 of those polled believe that the governing Liberals are the best choice to manage the next 4 years of governance in BC. That would mean a minority government with the Green Party and any Independents elected holding the balance of power. I am not certain that the current Liberal leadership could work with the Greens but I believe that they are power hungry enough to try.

I also believe that a Green/NDP alliance/coalition would throw the Province into another election in less than 18 months unless Andrew Weaver and at least three other elected members were given cabinet posts. Even with Weaver in the cabinet, I believe that this Green/NDP government would destroy the resource industry and cripple the province's future electrical energy development by relying on emotion and not facts to make decisions.

My family and I have voted. We have shown our displeasure with the Liberals and their smoke and mirror budgets and outright corruption. However, we live in a riding that has voted Social Credit or Liberal since the early 50's. There is little chance of change in our riding. This is an important election. I hope that few citizens decide not to vote. Like another contributor said if you do not vote you are really giving 2 votes to the incumbent government.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Urbane wrote:Andrew Weaver certainly has let everyone know about Horgan's terrible temper. He's tried to work with Horgan and would still like to but Horgan explodes on him. When Horgan initially decided not to seek the leadership he talked about the need for a new generation to take over the NDP and he also acknowledged his volatility. I think that volatility is having a negative effect on his campaign.

Weaver is trying to sway votes his way the same as all the others. He will say anything, as do all the others. Putting it all into perspective, I could care less nor believe half of what any of those useless twits have to say. Nice cushy seat with a wonderful pension, that's what motivates them.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

erinmore3775 wrote:
My family and I have voted. We have shown our displeasure with the Liberals and their smoke and mirror budgets and outright corruption. However, we live in a riding that has voted Social Credit or Liberal since the early 50's. There is little chance of change in our riding. This is an important election. I hope that few citizens decide not to vote. Like another contributor said if you do not vote you are really giving 2 votes to the incumbent government.

My family and I also voted. We have shown our displeasure with the NDP and their smoke and mirror platform and out right corruption. I also live in a riding that is strong Liberal and so much like living in East Vancouver and their tendency to always vote for the disgusting NDP, nothing much will change. There are a few swing ridings that show the way, others that never change.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And four votes already canceling each other out.

Drink anyone?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Weaver's lies about John Horgan will be his demise. I don't know what game he's playing but his trashing of Horgan will come back to haunt him on Tuesday. There's definitely something going on behind the scenes; somewhere we're not allowed to go, sort of like that scene in 'The Wizard of Oz'.

I have a hunch that BC Liberal cheerleaders in the MSM, such as Keith Baldrey, who if they didn't start the ball rolling, certainly kept kicking it down the field. A smart guy like Weaver shouldn't have been sucked into a BC Liberal con game like that, but I guess there's a big difference between academic smarts and political smarts.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

mr.bandaid wrote:Weaver is trying to sway votes his way the same as all the others. He will say anything, as do all the others. Putting it all into perspective, I could care less nor believe half of what any of those useless twits have to say. Nice cushy seat with a wonderful pension, that's what motivates them.
In fairness, Andrew Weaver isn't the first person who's talked about Horgan's temper. Horgan himself cited his "volatility" (his word) as a reason not to seek the leadership so it's a bit unfair to suggest that Weaver is just saying anything. He's not accusing Horgan of something that isn't true.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Then why not tell the whole truth, and say Christy Clark is a liar?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:Weaver's lies about John Horgan will be his demise. I don't know what game he's playing but his trashing of Horgan will come back to haunt him on Tuesday. .

Horgan is a meat-head. It's clear for everyone to see. Weaver is just stating the obvious.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:Then why not tell the whole truth, and say Christy Clark is a liar?
They ALL spin and play fast and loose with the truth. As an extreme partisan you only see that with Christy Clark but maybe someday you'll come to realize that she's not the only one doing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Isnt' if funny how so many conservative Liberals have encouraged exactly that though?

Gone Fishing, I called him on it long time ago. Sure encourage vote splitting to ensure no one majority on the left prevailed.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The two biggest issues in this election are the overwhelming debt, and the equally overwhelming extreme weather events that are caused by climate change. The BC Liberals ignore both these issues, and their ostrich-like followers continue to bury their heads in the sand, completely oblivious to it all.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”