Clark flies to flooding

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Clark flies to flooding

Post by Urbane »

BeingHuman wrote:Not blaming her for causing the rain and flooding, I did predict in a earlier comment that she would show up declare an "state of emergency", not because there is one, but to get that extra publicity and photo op just prior to the election.

Christy Clark must at least "appear" like she cares, it's all very good staging by her handlers, and acting on her part. Well played. :130:
Using West Kelowna as an example, the mayor said that a state of emergency was necessary to allow municipal workers on to private land. My question to you: Why do you not want those workers helping people? You're opposed to the state of emergency which means that you're opposed to the ongoing operations to help people. How come? Would an NDP or Green government refuse a state of emergency that would allow municipal workers to help people???
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

This was literally predictable, she has shown up for her pre-election photo op as I predicted in a posted comment here three (3) days ago. So we have no loss of life here, but some property damage.

Yet this happens at Johnson Landing, claiming four lives in that small South East Kootenay community, and where was Christy? Wrong time in the election cycle perhaps?

image upload api
Last edited by BeingHuman on May 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

For those interested, here's more:

Declaring a State of Local Emergency in British Columbia

Declaring a state of local emergency enables local authorities in the Province of British Columbia to exercise the emergency powers listed in the Emergency Program Act. Local authority emergency program staff and elected officials must be prepared to declare a state of local emergency in response to an emergency or disaster at a moment's notice.This document provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and provides recommendations about how to issue a declaration by order.
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safet ... guidelines

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/public ... _final.pdf

I don't know how any fair person could assess the current situation, read the above documents, and say this:

Not blaming her for causing the rain and flooding, I did predict in a earlier comment that she would show up declare an "state of emergency", not because there is one, but to get that extra publicity and photo op just prior to the election.

Politics can certainly bring out the worst in some people.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

It brought her out, did it not? 4 dead and 40 workers injured in two separate sawmill explosions, Christy flew up there to visit the survivors and meet with the victim's families, then later proceeded to reject the families requests for a public inquiry into those two tragedies.

No doubt, this is an ugly topic, but apparently BC Liberal politics is an ugly business!!!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

BeingHuman wrote:It brought her out, did it not? 4 dead and 40 workers injured in two separate sawmill explosions, Christy flew up there to visit the survivors and meet with the victim's families, then later proceeded to reject the families requests for a public inquiry into those two tragedies.

No doubt, this is an ugly topic, but apparently BC Liberal politics is an ugly business!!!
Apples and oranges. Local authorities have declared states of emergency in a number of areas for the reasons outlined in the documents that I linked to earlier. Did you open up the links and read those documents? Evacuations and going on to private property are two examples that show the need for an emergency declaration. A tragic incident at a sawmill isn't the same thing. Why deny the emergencies that have been created by these floods? Does every single thing that Christy Clark does have to be hammered?? Never mind. I know that answer to that.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

"Politics brings out the worst in people"? Completely agree when we see a government politicize, of all things, murdered and missing women! Triple deleting emails on that subject? Where is the "human decency"??? "It's like the West Wing, anything it takes to win"!!!

Yet you defend this, and still have the audacity to bring up; "politics brings out the worst in people"??? Wow... just wow!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:"Politics brings out the worst in people"?

That's if you define NDP supporters as "people". This thread is making me question that, given the horrible things NDP'ers are saying, but then I remember, the NDP is horrible and disgusting, so I shouldn't be surprised by the awful things NDP'ers are saying about Christy Clark while playing politics with a natural disaster. Just awful. Disband the NDP. Time for that party to put into the dustbin of history where it belongs.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

BeingHuman: And there goes the discussion about the states of emergency because of the flooding. When proven wrong change the subject.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

It appears that 'states of emergency' are declared only when an election is looming large.
And yes, I agree that politics brings out the worst in some people, especially the BC Liberal trained seals.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

4 dead sawmill workers and 40 injured in those sawmill explosions, do you actually know what a blast survivor looks like? Do you know what quality of life they now have, looking in a mirror with no nose or ears? And you think this is about me being right or wrong about a state of emergency??? I could not give a rat's a$$ about being right or wrong, but I do care about the families of all those murdered and missing women!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:It appears that 'states of emergency' are declared only when an election is looming large.
And yes, I agree that politics brings out the worst in some people, especially the BC Liberal trained seals.

:up:

Just hanging yourself now. Amazing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Nope... three days to election day, and I just took my gloves off. :-X

I am providing some context for everyone; here is Christy Clark feigning care and concern over some flooded property, yet treats the families of murdered and missing women with contempt and disrespect, thumbs her nose at the victim's families of the two sawmill explosions who were requesting a public inquiry. 4 dead at Johnsons Landing? Who knew?

BC Lib-Con priorities are indeed a fickle thing!
Last edited by BeingHuman on May 7th, 2017, 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

BeingHuman wrote:4 dead sawmill workers and 40 injured in those sawmill explosions, do you actually know what a blast survivor looks like? Do you know what quality of life they now have, looking in a mirror with no nose or ears? And you think this is about me being right or wrong about a state of emergency??? I could not give a rat's a$$ about being right or wrong, but I do care about the families of all those murdered and missing women!

If you can't (or won't) distinguish between an emergency that necessitates the procedures allowed under the emergency preparedness act and a tragic sawmill accident then there's no point in trying to explain it to you. Most people are in favour of the act and they understand why or why not a state of emergency would be declared.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

So, British Columbians who vote for some other candidate than a BC Liberal one are now 'hanging themselves', are they? [icon_lol2.gif]
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

On Thursday, April 14, 2016, BC’s provincial health officer declared a public health "emergency" in response to the rise in drug overdoses and deaths. Yet watching this BC Liberal Government respond to that "emergency" is akin to watching some kind of tragic comedy!

Approaching almost one month since that public health emergency was declared and this government's response has been overwhelmingly dismal. And so the overdose deaths go on unabated, but get some properties flooded close to an election and photo op Christy is all over that, nothing about her or this pathetic government surprises me any more!

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”