What's a green Conservative to do?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
gisgo

Post by gisgo »

I live in Kelowna-Lake Country, and it appears to be a dog fight between the Liberals and Greens - how unexpected!

Disclaimer: I could never never never vote NDP. Big government is my greatest fear. This question is for my fellow Conservatives out there.

I care about two things: Good paying jobs and clean environment. I've started my own business, had employees and recently joined another business. The worst thing is when government spends my tax dollars in a way that distorts the market and kills my business model (which happened with my last business).

Site C does this. Sure, it's paying a lot of folks I know big bucks, but let's be honest folks: It's a make work project the likes I expect from the NDP!! LNG was absolutely stupid, and now Site C. The numbers aren't there and as a Conservative I see this as a big waste of money and a poor business decision.

I think Norm is a good person and has done a decent job representing me. But with the surge in Green support on my block I might have an opportunity to send a message to the top brass that what they are doing up north, and I've worked up there in camp, is not cool. I don't want the NDP to get in, and fear giving my vote to the Greens to send a clear message would do that.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: What's a green Conservative to do?

Post by Queen K »

Good question.

In a Province with no clear choices between bad, worse and evil, what is a Green Conservative to do?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

A 'Green Conservative' - now that's an oxymoron if ever I heard one!
world2change

Post by world2change »

Vote Green! The conservative in you would have rather seen private sector jobs being created in local communities incrementally as power demand increased in the province and alternatives became cheaper. Instead we have a $9 billion government funded make work project that will put us in debt for generations and has killed private sector investment in local communities which is where your friends would probably want opportunities.

Killing the project will create new job opportunities while saving billions for the taxpayer and rate payer even at this stage. What's more, affordability in this province has run away of four years of neglect. Saying you're not raising taxes means nothing when everything else is getting more expensive by orders of magnitude. We simply can't afford another four years of lack of vision and playing politics.

Vote for the economist's platform based on evidence, not donors and unicorns.

Vote Green and encourage others conservatives to do the same.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:A 'Green Conservative' - now that's an oxymoron if ever I heard one!

kind of like "NDP fiscal responsibility"
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Only this is a thread for frustrated Green Conservatives. :D with nowhere to go with their vote.
Last edited by Queen K on May 7th, 2017, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

world2change wrote:
Vote Green and encourage others conservatives to do the same.

Vote Green and encourage other NDP supporters to do the same too. At least they can somewhat reconcile the insane taxation policies of the Greens with the insane taxation policies of the NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

More advocating for vote splitting. GB, please.
NDP, evil, needs to be obliterated. I get it.
Greens, no chance in Hell, but vote for them.
Neutralize both.
Liberals are safe.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Since there are only three possible winners in the race, and you call them 'bad, worse, and evil', Queen K, which one is 'bad'? I assume you mean the BC Liberals, and if they're bad, how can they also be safe? We would be safer with someone like Trump......oh, wait, we already have the equivalent of Trump, and she 'dresses funny, and talks out of both sides of her mouth'........or so they say.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:I assume you mean the BC Liberals, .

No. She means the NDP.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The original poster has big misconceptions of the NDP.

Be open minded and take a closer look.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
lasnomadas wrote:I assume you mean the BC Liberals, .

No. She means the NDP.

:1422:

I'm going to let "bad, worse and evil" be interchangeable. And Lasnomadas hasn't figured us out yet.
CR on May 9th?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Heck, I can't even figure out what 'CR' stands for! Conservative Republican, maybe?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

GB, should we tell him? Oh what the heck.

Crown Royal.

Are there Green Conservatives? Is the Green Party the "missing BC Political Link" we all pray for? If not, like the OP points out, there is not a viable Green Conservative party head and shoulders above the rest.

Bad, worse and evil. It's Roulette for BC, which ever one gains Parliament in Victoria.
Last edited by Queen K on May 8th, 2017, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”