Clark flies to flooding

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: Clark flies to flooding

Post by lasnomadas »

Who was complaining that she wasn't paying attention to the issue, and a no show, Fancy?
Did you think this was the 'making stuff up again' thread?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on May 8th, 2017, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

A good thesaurus would help when you're looking for words meaning 'awful' or 'horrible'. 'Flooding' the thread with the same two insulting words makes for uninteresting reading.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

BeingHuman wrote:
BC has the "worst economy" in Canada for young people 25-34.

No it doesn't.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Who was complaining that she wasn't paying attention to the issue, and a no show, Fancy?

Given your credibility record, I'd say just about any thread you are in, is the "making stuff up thread".

You're making sure of that. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Yes, it's been interesting on here. We get a thread started like this one but then the whole premise of the thread collapses when it turns out that there actually are emergency situations around the province. The premier is criticized for flying to Cache Creek, the site of one of those emergency situations, because there was so supposedly no emergency. Except there was and she did the right thing to go there.

And so when the obvious dawns on people the subject suddenly changes to Christy Clark not showing up for any debates in her riding except that she did attend one. The radio one. And then an NDP supporter lets it slip that John Horgan hasn't attended any debates in his riding and that some Liberal Party operatives have been critical of him. He tells us that's hypocritical as he ignores the irony of the double-standard that is being espoused by the poster who brought up the off topic debate issue. When confronted with the latest embarrassing turn of events we get a rah rah post on how the NDP is going to win.

My heart goes out to the flood victims and I hope that they continue to get lots of help from public and private sources. I hope they get back into their homes soon. The emergency preparedness program is there to help people whether or not there is an election campaign going on and I have no doubt that whether Christy Clark, John Horgan, or Andrew Weaver were premier people would be helped. The flooding shouldn't be a political issue.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Good post Urbane. :up:

I tend to feel it's a bit heartless, for these zealots to hijack every thread and topic, and make it into an I hate Christy op to push their agenda.

Come to think of it, that's the type of opportunism they say they despise in Clark. :200: Go figure.

Clark had every cause, to fly to the place where a fire chief has gone missing, and is presumed dead.

Sort of goes with the job description, and even more so during an election, I would think.

You can bet if she hadn't, the very same zealot would have started a thread about how uncaring Clark is.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Nah, Urbane, it was you who determined the NDP was going to win.
With your deserved insults meter.
Too bad Clark deserved the most.

Even in this election, 60% of those voting will not support her.

Need to get to PR.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Nah, Urbane, it was you who determined the NDP was going to win.
    With your deserved insults meter.
    Too bad Clark deserved the most.

Even in this election, 60% of those voting will not support her.

Need to get to PR.
Yes, if insulting the premier is the key to victory you have it locked up for the NDP. Why do you think it is that in polls Christy Clark comes out ahead on the question of who would handle the economy better and who would make the better premier?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

They asked the wrong people?

John Horgan has impressed a lot of people.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:They asked the wrong people?

People want him to explain how he will pay for his promises but he won't. He says that they're fully costed but that they're not. We know that he'll be raising taxes but striking a committee to tell him how to pay for the MSP premium cuts is not "fully costed." Win or lose that issue has lost him support.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
BeingHuman wrote:
BC has the "worst economy" in Canada for young people 25-34.

No it doesn't.

From the CBC news article I posted a link to, that you obviously never read; "A new report out from Vancouver-based campaign Generation Squeeze says Ontario has the second-worst economy for young people in the country, eclipsed only by British Columbia."

Try reading the news article, or stick with ignorance and denial.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

BeingHuman wrote:
From the CBC news article I posted a link to, that you obviously never read; "A new report out from Vancouver-based campaign Generation Squeeze says Ontario has the second-worst economy for young people in the country, eclipsed only by British Columbia."

I read it, and just because some bozo puts out a biased and stupid report, doesn't mean it's true. The only one living in ignorance and denial is you.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:

Like who?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lasnomadas wrote:Who was complaining that she wasn't paying attention to the issue, and a no show?

Why would you think I was making it up? I read it in a comments section of a news item regarding the flooding. Complaints about Clark not showing up during a crisis was obviously wrong. If I can find that particular comment, I'll post it so simmer down.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”