What's a green Conservative to do?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: What's a green Conservative to do?

Post by lasnomadas »

After being around for this insult-fest, I can honestly say I'm glad I wasn't around for the Trump one. You have no idea how happy I'll be when this election is finally over.

I know, I know......I didn't have to stick around for the whole mud-wrestling event, but I just couldn't tear myself away. And I still have trouble getting my head around the term 'green conservative'.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Lasnomadas, what made you discover castanet forums in the first place? No BC Election, and you're gone?

There's an entire forum here you know, not just the political stuff. And if you're commenting on the insult-fest here, clearly you've never been to the Housing Thread in the Bickering Room.
Last edited by Queen K on May 8th, 2017, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I'm not sure what brought me here. It was probably the Site C dam thread. Anyway, after spending all this time on this BC elections forum, everything else is going to seem quite boring. I may have to go back to the CBC.

The Housing thread in the Bickering Room? That sounds (to paraphrase GB) just awful!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Let's just say "insult-festivals" happen elsewhere and not just in political threads. So why would anything this insulting to such a level seem so much more boring? Like going from Rocky Road to Vanilla ice cream?

Who else here would identify as a "Green Conservative"?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gisgo

Post by gisgo »

Here's the deal: I look at NDP and their platform and all I see is big government. NO! Also, they flip flop on the environment and I can't trust them.

I look at the Green Party and while they are better on the environment and actually address emerging technology compared the the NDP and LIberals, they are going to spend spend spend. Not to mention the Carbon Tax! Yuck. It's not like the Liberals are doing any better with this fiscal fiasco and all the money going to their few supporters called Site C. More like DEBT FUTURE BC.

I want hard rules around the environment: You don't mess up our clean water, air or farm land. Fair access to its resources for big guys like Canfor and the little guys like community forests. Liberals have been failing on all these fronts.

As for the rest, government can get the hell out of my life.

Small government, low taxes, and clean environment with fair access to resources including land. That's what a green Conservative is for those who responded without a clue.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Vote Green and you will get Clark, again.

The NDP has good compromise positions.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Am I getting deja vu??!

Oh yah, because every single thread I have clicked on about this BC election has been this exact same conversation, no matter what the topic. Aren't you guys getting bored yet?!
hail Satan y'all
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”