Vote Agriculture over Illegal Winery heli tours

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
EZGuy

Vote Agriculture over Illegal Winery heli tours

Post by EZGuy »

The Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) considers winery helicopter tours a commercial use of agricultural lands and therefore helipads at winery's are not allowed by the Province. All municipalities have zoning regulations related to agricultural use which must be vetted through the ALR therefore commercial heli tours on lands within the ALR are not allowed by any municipality.

If both are re-elected - will our Minister of Agriculture (Mr. Letnick MLA for Kelowna -Lake Country) stand up to the premier (who was parachuted into a seat in Kelowna West after loosing her seat in the lower mainland) and require that agricultural land be used solely for agricultural use? Hummm 2 of the large heli-tour companies are based in West Kelowna so under Christy's business no matter the cost agenda I really doubt it!

Most residents located near wineries are fed up with the noisy intrusion over our homes just so some Donald & Melania Trump wannabes can thrill ride to winery on a helicopter to pick up a few bottles. I didn't buy a home anywhere near an airport for a reason. For the past 3 years a local winery Has been using an illegal helipad. The Province's ALR police and municipal bylaw enforcement are pointing fingers back at each other avoiding enforcement

Don't forget the Liberals gave certain vineries your tax dollars to help them market - see Castanet bc funds booze marketing https://www.castanet.net/news//news/Pen ... -marketing.

Vote for the preservation of agriculture, vote for a change.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Vote Agriculture over Illegal Winery heli tours

Post by The Green Barbarian »

EZGuy wrote:
Most residents located near wineries are fed up with the noisy intrusion over our homes just so some Donald & Melania Trump wannabes can thrill ride to winery on a helicopter to pick up a few bottles. .

I live near wineries and I am ok with it. I like to smile and wave to the nice people as they fly over, bringing hundreds and even perhaps thousands of dollars of investment to our area. Good for them, and good for all those who support these worthy ventures, instead of being consumed by envy, bitterness and hate.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Envy, bitterness, and hate, certainly would appear to be commodities the NDP supporters possess in abundance.

You wouldn't hear them complaining if they owned the winery, and needed to do whatever it takes to foster a successful business.

Oh geeze what was I thinking, NDP don't own businesses, they leave the risk taking to others. They're more inclined to be standing in line when it comes time to divide the profits. :biggrin:

I had a chopper fly over yesterday, I best get busy and start a Liberal trashing thread. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
EZGuy

Post by EZGuy »

So Greenie and Old, send me your address and I'll show up with a drone and hover over your back yard for a while and you can wave. Oh wait, that's "not allowed" and I don't break laws but the same logic follows right.

I have more than enough money to take a heli tour, but I also have enough class not to take one a few hunderd feet over residents who are enjoying quite time and their backyards. Why not buzz the waterfront homes, hey, that's where that NHL player live, there's the house of that actress, oh look there she is! So heli tours over Mara Canyon or Okanagan Park fire area are ok but not over residential areas.

It's not envy and hate, it's an expectation that, in a just society, will all follow the same established rules of law, not one small group flaunts the laws while the majority has to put up with it. That's my point, the Liberals allow stuff contrary to the laws of this Province. Cash for access, Asian donors, class size & composition, etc. Etc.

I've never said vote for the NDP, just say it's time for a change.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

EZGuy wrote:So Greenie and Old, send me your address and I'll show up with a drone and hover over your back yard for a while and you can wave. Oh wait, that's "not allowed" and I don't break laws but the same logic follows right.

Not really. The people flying over the Okanagan are paying for the privilege and creating jobs and wealth in the Okanagan. In your scenario all that is happening is a guy on welfare living in his mom's basement is flying a drone in my back yard.

It's not envy and hate, it's an expectation that, in a just society, will all follow the same established rules of law, not one small group flaunts the laws while the majority has to put up with it. That's my point, the Liberals allow stuff contrary to the laws of this Province. Cash for access, Asian donors, class size & composition, etc. Etc.

So you are saying that the laws should be changed, to encourage investment and promote tourism. I am all for that. It's high time the ALR rules were reformed. A helicopter pad for every winery! And bottle of wine for everyone!

OK, so then who should we vote for?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

EZGuy wrote:So Greenie and Old, send me your address and I'll show up with a drone and hover over your back yard for a while and you can wave. Oh wait, that's "not allowed" and I don't break laws but the same logic follows right.

I have more than enough money to take a heli tour, but I also have enough class not to take one a few hunderd feet over residents who are enjoying quite time and their backyards. Why not buzz the waterfront homes, hey, that's where that NHL player live, there's the house of that actress, oh look there she is! So heli tours over Mara Canyon or Okanagan Park fire area are ok but not over residential areas.

who was there first you or the winery? :130:
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Pretty much anywhere in West Kelowna is subject to constant helicopter traffic, if you think you have it bad near the wineries talk to the neighbourhoods off Westlake. It's the wild wild Westside.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Old Techie wrote:Envy, bitterness, and hate, certainly would appear to be commodities the NDP supporters possess in abundance.

You wouldn't hear them complaining if they owned the winery, and needed to do whatever it takes to foster a successful business.

Oh geeze what was I thinking, NDP don't own businesses, they leave the risk taking to others. They're more inclined to be standing in line when it comes time to divide the profits. :biggrin:

I had a chopper fly over yesterday, I best get busy and start a Liberal trashing thread. [icon_lol2.gif]

Do whatever it takes to foster a successful business lol, the wineries are doing ok and will continue to do so without helicopters landing with a couple people to purchase a case of wine.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I bought a place beside the helipad. They should close down the helipad and put people out of work, because there is noise from helicopters.

NDP logic. It's a marvel that it still exists at this stage of human evolution.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

fall wrote:Pretty much anywhere in West Kelowna is subject to constant helicopter traffic, if you think you have it bad near the wineries talk to the neighbourhoods off Westlake. It's the wild wild Westside.

I don't find it an issue at all. Man do people enjoy complaining.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

fall wrote:
Old Techie wrote:Envy, bitterness, and hate, certainly would appear to be commodities the NDP supporters possess in abundance.

Do whatever it takes to foster a successful business lol, the wineries are doing ok and will continue to do so without helicopters landing with a couple people to purchase a case of wine.

Are you suggesting the helicopter ride is free?

I'm pretty sure he's trying to earn a living too, and the winery is part of that equation.

I'd also be surprised to learn the winery came after the housing, as generally it's those who move in beside a winery, or orchard, that complain about aspects of that industry that they don't like.

I hope the OP doesn't have a cherry orchard nearby, because where I am, it's common place to see choppers flying low to dry off the cherry crop after a rain.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Rwede wrote:I bought a place beside the helipad. They should close down the helipad and put people out of work, because there is noise from helicopters.

NDP logic. It's a marvel that it still exists at this stage of human evolution.

I don't think there were helipads at the wineries or by the neighbourhood that Valhalla built on when those people bought.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

[quote="Old Techie"]

Are you suggesting the helicopter ride is free?

I'm pretty sure he's trying to earn a living too, and the winery is part of that equation.

I'd also be surprised to learn the winery came after the housing, as generally it's those who move in beside a winery, or orchard, that complain about aspects of that industry that they don't like.

You said the wineries doing whatever it takes, not the helicopter companies. Why would I suggest the ride is free?
Isn't everyone just trying to earn a living? Are regulations not regulations?
Heli pads were not an aspect of the wine industry until it became a trend with some.
Last edited by fall on May 8th, 2017, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”