The direct result of the NDP's $15 minimum wage proposal

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: The direct result of the NDP's $15 minimum wage proposal

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh boy, min wage is not meant to lived on forever, just get your foot in the door JGB.
Last edited by Queen K on May 8th, 2017, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Back on topic!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:135: Okay okay.

Min wage job, back to school, find a career path that is in demand. Get paid more.
Don't vote to kill business doing it. (I threw that one in there for store owners everywhere of which I was once one.)
Last edited by Queen K on May 8th, 2017, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:No no, JGB is talking about having words put in his mouth by others. Nothing to do with parenting issues.

OK.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

JollyGreenBully wrote:The question was asked 'who makes minimum wage?' I answered - some people do. But apparently all these people are lazy slobs so who cares.

Not all of them - don't put words in my mouth :). But a lot of them make minimum wage for a very good reason, they can change it, but they just don't want to. Oh well.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Queen K wrote:Min wage job, back to school, find a career path that is in demand. Get paid more.

I understand why people make simplistic statements like this one because it's true and really the only way to get ahead. However, there ARE people who do all the right things and simply don't fit into society the right way and have massive problems being hired. Yes, these people are the minority, but they still count as part of BC's economy. And this is exactly why I want minimum wage raised - because such people aren't earning these promotions that come so easily to others.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Even with my situation right now, I could go back to min wage, if I had to, but could not imagine feeling like I did when my job got cut to 20 hours a week under Gordzilla Campbell and I had to budget for a pair of socks.
Last edited by Queen K on May 8th, 2017, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JollyGreenBully wrote:However, there ARE people who do all the right things and simply don't fit into society the right way and have massive problems being hired.

Could you give some color as to why this is? I am actually interested. Is it because they are covered in tattoos and piercings? Or what?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

JollyGreenBully wrote:
Queen K wrote:Min wage job, back to school, find a career path that is in demand. Get paid more.

I understand why people make simplistic statements like this one because it's true and really the only way to get ahead. However, there ARE people who do all the right things and simply don't fit into society the right way and have massive problems being hired. Yes, these people are the minority, but they still count as part of BC's economy. And this is exactly why I want minimum wage raised - because such people aren't earning these promotions that come so easily to others.

If anyone has a problem with what I'm saying and just wants to trash-talk my parents or me myself - save it. I don't want to roll around in the mud fighting people.

Yes there ARE, and I know many of them. Simply are not fitting in for various reasons. You are fortunate to be in the position you are for so many reasons.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Could you give some color as to why this is? I am actually interested. Is it because they are covered in tattoos and piercings? Or what?

Usually something to do with being on time for job interview/scheduled shift. Or every other word is "F... this" and "I'm offended!!!!"

These people don't fit into the workforce for sure.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Both of you are right to a degree. Only I know LPN nurses covered in tattoos and they say, "you should see the Dr.'s sleeves."

It's the education behind the person, behind the tatts. And very funny Rwede, coming up with the "best case scenerio" for unemployment.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”