Clark supports grizzly trophy hunt

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Clark supports grizzly trophy hunt

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:^^^ Well stated.

So often on social media we see anti-hunters screaming about how killing animals is barbaric, but their profile picture shows them eating a hamburger while sitting on a leather couch.

Ummm, ya.

There are ethical and unethical ways to slaughter animals raised for that express purpose. Do I need to go into all the ethical ways of slaughter?

Just like there are ethical and unethical ways to hunt animals, which my dad was always aware of and talked about those guys who did not follow ethical hunting practices. And I am not suggesting for a minute you don't hunt bears or anything for that matter in an unethical way. But there are people who do not, and do not in proper seasons and take more than legal limits.
Don't tell us about the guy on the leather sofa eating a hamburger from meat which was possibly slaughtered in an ethical manner.

My vehicle has leather seats, heated! Bad QK. J/K. :laugh:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:
My vehicle has leather seats, heated! Bad QK. J/K. :laugh:

Ok - I will remember not to leave my Crown Royal in your car! :biggrin: :biggrin:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Too late : it was delicious. :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So I'm on the Nature Conservancy fb site and came across the most interesting article regarding bear scat.

The gist of the article isn't new to me. When we took the boat tour on Waterton Lake at Waterton Lakes National Park, the operator also gave some insights on the parks bear populations and in that was an observation as to how seeds in bear guts actually respond well to germination after the fact: as scat. Bears plant their own gardens.

So for those interested, a link to planting forests through bear scat:

http://blog.nature.org/science/2017/05/ ... ebook.main
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Awwww, this seems so right for this thread I can't resist:

Having said that an Ontario hunter recorded a Black Bear attacking him, but he was charged, knocked over and left to live to tell the tale. I know many people are not. We are headed out soon to areas with bears and believe me, I keep my Bear Aware in mind at all times.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I've got a bear in the back yard, you want it? :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Might be safer for the bear if it came to me and instead of say, Rwede.
Sure.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”