NDP campaign hung up, spinning wheels

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: NDP campaign hung up, spinning wheels

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Drip_Torch wrote:
Perhaps it's just a manifestation of your perception bias. I'd suggest that's because, unlike me, you don't seem to have a choice.

:up:

I just didn't know that this Richard Cannings guy was involved - who is he?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Is dude doing pushups or looking for flattened NDP candidates?

You know, it points to how useless NDPers are in life situations like this. I'd have that bus rolling again in two minutes using that 2x4. For the NDP, it's an all out cluster with no one having practical life experience to get themselves out of an easy-to-solve situation. Gotta wait for a tow truck.

BC can't wait for a two truck when issues arise - we need a party that can think and act decisively and quickly when needed. The dithering NDP is not that party.
Last edited by Rwede on May 8th, 2017, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rwede wrote:Is dude doing pushups or looking for flattened NDP candidates?

He's looking for the $6 billion missing in the revenue side of Horgan's "platform".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I just didn't know that this Richard Cannings guy was involved - who is he?

Here, let me refresh your memory on the issue.

On Feb, 20, 2013 a MLA familiar with the area stood up in the Legislature and said:

Hon. R. Coleman: My mom is 93 years old. She raised six kids. {...} She's now in care in Langley, but I should say when she fell and broke her hip recently…. She lived in her own home since 1957. She went into care in the Penticton memorial hospital, where two of my siblings were born. I know there's some controversy about that hospital, but I thought it was pretty good. I always thought of it as the new Penticton hospital, so maybe that's aging me relative to the city of Penticton, where I grew up.

Within a couple of weeks, Richard Cannings invited Adrian Dix to Penticton and the NDP were the first to reach the consensus position Penticton Hospital was in desperate need of replacement, despite what our Liberal MLA had just said in the Legislature. In fairness, Dan Ashton was also committed to the hospital expansion and he took a different position to that of the other MLA, and he has seen this project through.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#87676

Of course, Richard Cannings went on to become the representative of the area, federally, but he seems committed to seeing the hospital upgraded and has hosted a number of events to raise funds for equipment upgrades.
Last edited by Drip_Torch on May 8th, 2017, 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

George+ wrote:Did she lose four in a row?
At SFU?
Vancouver?
Other universities she pretended to attend?
Maybe!

Must just grate on you, that despite all that shallow talk of yourn, she still made it much further than you. :biggrin:

So did Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, by the way.

I honestly expect a bit more, from a higher education graduate, and education system professional, and believe me I use that last term loosely, but alas................................ it is what it is.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Rwede wrote:That's all she wrote for the NDP folks.

https://www.facebook.com/ctvbcnews/vide ... 562604596/

2013 all over again.

They need a tow truck? I suppose finding a couple of pieces of wood to shove under those wheels, and throw it in reverse would be too easy.

Driver no doubt gets paid by the hour. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Rwede wrote:Is dude doing pushups or looking for flattened NDP candidates?

You know, it points to how useless NDPers are in life situations like this. I'd have that bus rolling again in two minutes using that 2x4. For the NDP, it's an all out cluster with no one having practical life experience to get themselves out of an easy-to-solve situation. Gotta wait for a tow truck.

BC can't wait for a two truck when issues arise - we need a party that can think and act decisively and quickly when needed. The dithering NDP is not that party.

I kinda had an inkling you knew *bleep* about the lumber industry, that's not a 2x4, its a 4x4.. :D
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 9th, 2017, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Old Techie wrote:They need a tow truck? I suppose finding a couple of pieces of wood to shove under those wheels, and throw it in reverse would be too easy.

Driver no doubt gets paid by the hour. :biggrin:

Ok genius, how would you shove wood under those wheels without a tow truck to lift the back end high enough to actually get the wood under the drive wheels, and then lower the drive wheels back down on the wood to get enough traction to actually move ?

The drive wheels, both sets of duels, are off the ground. They aren't making contact with the ground . The back wheels are on a tag axle, there's no power going to the tag axle.
Póg Mo Thoin
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Well I would start by finding more than ONE peice of lumber, put it directly behind the rear drive wheels, hit it hard into the tire, then put a few more pieces behind that one, and try the truck in reverse, the rubber should bite into the wood shoving it under the tire, lifting the rear end enough to be free, then it will reverse onto the other pieces of wood placed there...

Or maybe that's just common sense? :135:

-edit-

OR, it's too far off the ground and it'll just spit a 4x4 out because it needs 6+" of height to get the back end off the ground
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

LeadingEdgeGlass wrote:Well I would start by finding more than ONE peice of lumber, put it directly behind the rear drive wheels, hit it hard into the tire, then put a few more pieces behind that one, and try the truck in reverse, the rubber should bite into the wood shoving it under the tire, lifting the rear end enough to be free, then it will reverse onto the other pieces of wood placed there...

Or maybe that's just common sense? :135:

-edit-

OR, it's too far off the ground and it'll just spit a 4x4 out because it needs 6+" of height to get the back end off the ground

Hmmm, I not so sure the rubber will bite enough to kick the 4X4 under the tires, keep in mind that the 4x4 will also be acting as a wheel chock. I'm pretty sure the bus would need to rock back and forth a certain amount to kick the wood under the drive wheels.
Póg Mo Thoin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Drip_Torch wrote:
Within a couple of weeks, Richard Cannings invited Adrian Dix to Penticton .

Gross! Why would this Cannings guy, whoever he is, invite a giant idiot like Adrian Dix to Penticton? Does he hate the people in Penticton or something?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Gross! Why would this Cannings guy, whoever he is, invite a giant idiot like Adrian Dix to Penticton? Does he hate the people in Penticton or something?

Hey GB, any chance you'll be volunteering tomorrow? I need a ride to the polls, and your party appears to have lots of gas in the tank.

[icon_lol2.gif]
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Drip_Torch wrote:
Hey GB, any chance you'll be volunteering tomorrow? I need a ride to the polls, and your party appears to have lots of gas in the tank.

Sure. Can you tell me who this Cannings guy is, and why he would inflict the horror of the idiot Adrian Dix on Penticton?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”