Post by ferri »

Just a poll to see what you think. :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Who's going to win today?

Post by Queen K »

May 9th, Election day, get your vote out!

No right to :cuss: if you don't, ha ha.

Thanks Ferri! Are you glad it's going to be over soon? Just to be clear about my vote on this poll vs at the real poll, I think Liberals will win a minority but still win. But I'm not voting for them nor am I splitting the vote as so many have advocated here.

So this "hang out du jour" thread tonight I take it.

Great, GB, you've got the CR, I'll bring the glasses. :130:
Last edited by Queen K on May 9th, 2017, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Intelligence leans left, so if a lot of idiots show up to the polls today, Trump... er... I mean Christy and her Conservatives will win.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Here's hoping - the people of British Columbia.

:up:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes, I suspect the Green vote will have screwed it up for the NDP, again.

A much larger Liberal majority is a harsh reality.

Imagine, Christy Clark's arrogance for four more years.

Can a leopard change its spots?

The NDPs John Horgan has run a very good campaign.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Fingers crossed for a minorty but I suspect that won't be the case. I would like to say maybe the Liberals, if they do win again, would get smart and kick Christy to the curb but I can't because I would have to use the words "Liberals" and "smart" in the same sentence...!!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

krocky wrote:Fingers crossed for a minorty but I suspect that won't be the case. I would like to say maybe the Liberals, if they do win again, would get smart and kick Christy to the curb but I can't because I would have to use the words "Liberals" and "smart" in the same sentence...!!!

agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

This is the first election I will be voting in in a long time where (much like the US election) I really won't be happy regardless of who wins.

I do believe the BC Liberals are well past their prime and it is time for them to be sent to the corner for a bit of a "time out" but the prospect of another NDP government is even more repulsive to me than the alternative.

As I have said many times on here before I might have a degree of respect for the NDP IF they would ditch the radical environmentalists that they have courted over the years and return to their traditional labour/union roots but it is apparent to all but the staunchest of the NDP faithful that they have completely abandoned their roots in favour of attempting to garner support from literally anyone and everyone that is opposed to the government regardless of political ideologies.

I guess my only real option is to look at this election the other way around and instead of not being happy regardless of who wins I'll try to see the positive in it no matter who wins. If the NDP wins the positive take away is that hopefully it will do two things; 1) give the BC Liberals some time to reflect and lick their wounds and maybe learn from their mistakes and 2) perhaps a viable right of center alternative to the BC Liberals will emerge. If the BC Liberals win the positive take away is that the NDP will be kept away from the public purse again (which is a very good thing).

Unfortunately, if the NDP lose yet again I have absolutely zero faith that they will ever look to the real reasons why they keep losing election after election and instead they'll carry on blaming everyone and everything else.

Case in point:
George+ wrote:Yes, I suspect the Green vote will have screwed it up for the NDP, again.

Yup George, if they lose yet another election (5th in a row but who's counting) it's all the Green's fault again. :up:
Last edited by Jx3 on May 9th, 2017, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Yes, I suspect the Green vote will have screwed it up for the NDP, again.

A much larger Liberal majority is a harsh reality.

Imagine, Christy Clark's arrogance for four more years.

Can a leopard change its spots?

The NDPs John Horgan has run a very good campaign.
or perhaps the NDP has screwed it up for the Greens?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:Intelligence leans left, .

LOL - ok whatever you say. If it does lean left, then whenever the Left gets elected, that intelligence mysteriously disappears in a big way.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

Liberal majority? No idea who is behind this site......

http://www.electionprediction.org/2017_bc/index.php
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

It is a bit too soon for the NDP supporters to throw in the towel.
You could be sitting on a majority win for all we know.

It is down to today. :130:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Probably another four of this...
Attachments
IMG_0241.JPG
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Not sure but mostly I'm looking forward to an index page full of complaining as opposed to fighting for another few years. All the election threads are getting boring.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

fall wrote:Probably another four of this...

Well thanks for that, I won't be touching my girl friend for a few days. Ice picks and bleach ice picks and bleach.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”