BC Liberal Minority! Predictions for the Future:

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: BC Liberal Minority! Predictions for the Future:

Post by lasnomadas »

You're just digging yourself in even deeper, GB. I never mentioned what year the referendum was that the MSM reported a 57% 'yes' vote for PR.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 10th, 2017, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:@GB (regarding PR):
57% of British Columbians voted for proportional representation at the last referendum. If anyone but the Campbell Liberals had initiated the referendum, it would have been democratic. 50% +1 would have decided the outcome.
lasnomadas wrote:You're just digging yourself in even deeper, GB. I never mentioned what year the referendum was that the MSM reported a 57% 'yes' vote for PR.

You had some misinformation in your earlier post, lasnomadas. GB provided the correct information, in case anyone is interested, rather than have the incorrect information stand and spread.

I, for one, appreciate it when other posters help all of us by providing correct information when we make a mistake. Some of us see value in avoiding the spread of misinformation.
:topic:
It seems to me a lot of British Columbians would like improvements to the system, but we're wary of what those improvements should be.
Last edited by rustled on May 10th, 2017, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The Green Barbarian wrote:[
That's great advice to follow if you are someone demanding the government fix all of your personal problems, rather than looking inwards and taking personal responsibility. But I fail to see how it's relevant to this discussion. What I want is the government to stay out of the way and let BC people develop our resources, to create jobs. I also want clean green cheap power, which Site C provides.

What I really don't get is the glee which some posters here are espousing towards thousands of British Columbians potentially losing their jobs and their livelihoods. All for some horrible failed ideology. It's on par to me to those eco-lunatics who were celebrating on Twitter when Fort McMurray was ravaged by fire. These kinds of events really expose the ugliness of the so-called "Green" movement, and the evil underbelly. Wishing harm on fellow people all for your religious beliefs is just twisted and wrong in my view, no matter what religion you follow, be it the Church of Global Warming or Buddhism. I guess I just don't understand it. Why do you want your fellow man to suffer, with job losses and insanely high heating costs? What sickness makes you think like this?

You seem frazzled. The safe space with the crayons and puppies is that way ---->

Intelligent and resourceful people have the capacity to adapt to changing job environments. If you're really going to be on welfare because the government changed slightly then you did life wrong and only have yourself to blame. But of course, it's easier to rant about the NDP, communists, and so on. Maybe blame the Loch Ness Monster while you're at it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JollyGreenBully wrote:
You seem frazzled. The safe space with the crayons and puppies is that way ---->

Not sure what that means.

Intelligent and resourceful people have the capacity to adapt to changing job environments.

That's wonderful. I get advances to technology etc causing changing job environments. What I don't get is purposely killing billions of dollars in investment and thousands of jobs in the name of fairy tales and failed ideologies. I knew you wouldn't answer my question and would deflect, but I thought I would try.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:You're just digging yourself in even deeper, GB]

no. What happened was you got caught lying. You quoted the "last referendum" as 2005. It had a much more favorable result than the actual "last" referendum of 2009, in which the idiotic concept of PR was trashed, and rightly so. I get you are trying to push a sick and diseased agenda, but don't lie so blatantly, unless you want to get caught, and made to look the fool.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:@GB:
The 57% of 'yes' votes for proportional representation was stated by a member of the MSM last night. Are you calling the MSM liars? Without looking at your link, I'd say you were referring to just one of the referenda. There were two, remember?

He is referring to just one. The most recent one, as opposed to the ancient one, which is where the 57% is taken from.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Proportional representation is a dumb idea. Just look at the mess it has created elsewhere - like the permanent dysfunction in the Knesset.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

"Experts predict instability" Well that can't be good for the province or the economy. Looks like we're screwed.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Scandinavian countries have used PR for decades .
Last edited by George+ on May 12th, 2017, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

of course hobby doesnt want it just like harper didnt want it either . i see a trend :biggrin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Scandinavian countries have used PZr for decades .

And Scandinavian countries suck, so thanks for gIving us another reason why PR is something to avoid.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:of course hobby doesnt want it just like harper didnt want it either . i see a trend :biggrin:

I find it hilarious how quick you guys turn on your own when one of them dares disagree with your failed narratives. Just pure comedy. Perhaps if you guys allowed some dissension and differing opinions in your ranks you might win an election or two.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what you talking about . harper supporter is not 9ne of my own . it is clear hobbys posts on harper were phoney . clark is a harper clone . do the math
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

maryjane ! i have been an admirer and now i am a lover :)

why does it never get stated, it is so simply obvious.

the bcliberal machine runs on made in ottawa/ontario parts. they have so exploited this as revealed in the different 'inter-provincial' scandals.

they exchange personnel, they share ideology and goals. 'lets get rich raping the land and exploiting the people'.

the rcmp being one of the most evil common threads.

where is that bcliberal constitution? what do they really stand for? we can easily see how they operate.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

maryjane48 wrote:what you talking about . harper supporter is not 9ne of my own . it is clear hobbys posts on harper were phoney . clark is a harper clone . do the math

And yet Clark is a card carrying member of the Liberal Party of Canada and is (rather disgustingly) a Trudeau "fanboi".

I realize this doesn't fit your narrative at all so carry on and don't let facts get in your way.

Oh, and how ironic of you to ask people to "do the math"!

flamingfingers wrote:I know math is hard for you Liberals, but Urb, how do you manage to add your figures:

(44-40-3)

To make 87????

You mean like this kind of NDP math?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”