BC Liberal Minority! Predictions for the Future:

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Re: BC Liberal Minority! Predictions for the Future:

Post by BeingHuman »

Jx3 posted on two subjects, this addresses the first one about Christy, and her gang that can't shoot straight, being Liberals.... WRONG!

This is from Martyn Brown a former B.C. premier Gordon Campbell’s long-serving chief of staff, the top strategic advisor to three provincial party leaders, and a former B.C. Liberal deputy minister of tourism, trade, and investment.

"The B.C. Liberal party was at least partially coerced, seduced, and co-opted by lure of big money. It morphed into something it wasn’t, in becoming British Columbia’s ruling conservative party, in all but name. That didn’t happen by accident. It happened in part because the big money interests wanted to install people in power who they thought would be most sympathetic to their interests and ideas. And the B.C. Liberals danced to their tune as they turned away from Gordon Wilson’s liberal party to embrace Gordon Campbell’s decidedly conservative “Liberals”, who are now mostly anything but what their namesake ideology suggests."

"Funny how Christy Clark—a long-avowed “true” liberal—became even more conservative than Campbell. I’m sure that her party’s reliance on those who pay its bills had nothing to do with it."

http://www.straight.com/news/873551/mar ... h-columbia

The BC Liberal Party is nothing but a pack of Conservative wolves in sheep's clothing!

image hosting for ebay
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

BeingHuman wrote:Jx3 posted on two subjects, this addresses the first one about Christy, and her gang that can't shoot straight, being Liberals.... WRONG!

This is from Martyn Brown a former B.C. premier Gordon Campbell’s long-serving chief of staff, the top strategic advisor to three provincial party leaders, and a former B.C. Liberal deputy minister of tourism, trade, and investment.

"The B.C. Liberal party was at least partially coerced, seduced, and co-opted by lure of big money. It morphed into something it wasn’t, in becoming British Columbia’s ruling conservative party, in all but name. That didn’t happen by accident. It happened in part because the big money interests wanted to install people in power who they thought would be most sympathetic to their interests and ideas. And the B.C. Liberals danced to their tune as they turned away from Gordon Wilson’s liberal party to embrace Gordon Campbell’s decidedly conservative “Liberals”, who are now mostly anything but what their namesake ideology suggests."

"Funny how Christy Clark—a long-avowed “true” liberal—became even more conservative than Campbell. I’m sure that her party’s reliance on those who pay its bills had nothing to do with it."

http://www.straight.com/news/873551/mar ... h-columbia

The BC Liberal Party is nothing but a pack of Conservative wolves in sheep's clothing!

image hosting for ebay

[icon_lol2.gif]

Again, I'm not at all disagreeing with you that the BC Liberals are more "Liberal" in name than in practice and do generally lean more to the right of center than their federal counterparts (NOTE: The BC Liberal party IS NOT the same as the Liberal Party of Canada, they have been a separate entity since 1987). That is really the only reason I can even bring myself to vote for them at all. As I've said countless times on here, if there was a viable alternative to choose I'd never vote BC Liberal again. Until that time I really have no option so I hold my nose and make my mark.

None of this changes the fact that Christy Clark is a card carrying member of the Liberal Party of Canada and is a known Trudeau supporter. Kind of flies in the face of the "Harper clone" narrative.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

No it does not, the BC Liberals are more Harper Conservative than Liberal. Try reading up on the subject with this National Post article titled; "BC Liberals hire 12 ousted Federal and Albert Conservatives which could give the province a Harper tone"

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... arper-tone

Even Preston Manning, the forefather of all things Conservative and Western Reform in Canada, endorses Christy Clark on behalf of all small c Cons!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Presto ... story.html
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

BeingHuman wrote:No it does not, the BC Liberals are more Harper Conservative than Liberal. Try reading up on the subject with this National Post article titled; "BC Liberals hire 12 ousted Federal and Albert Conservatives which could give the province a Harper tone"

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... arper-tone

Even Preston Manning, the forefather of all things Conservative and Western Reform in Canada, endorses Christy Clark on behalf of all small c Cons!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Presto ... story.html

Wow, I see something completely different in that second piece than what you'd like us to believe it shows. For example:
Clark, who at the time was waging a campaign to win back support taken by B.C. Conservative leader John Cummins, also hired several senior staffers who used to work with Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Clark, in a storm of controversy over a leaked memo on ethnic vote-targeting and bracing for a May election, isn’t attending the 2013 Manning gathering of small-c conservatives from across Canada. Those former Harper staffers are, for a variety of reasons, no longer in her office.

So in 2013, she was trying to win back support taken by Cummins. Logical, huh?

And even in 2013 those staffers mentioned in the first piece are no longer there. Interesting, huh?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Bang on, because in BC who would want Conservatives voting for their own Conservative Party? That is why Cons are so low on my list of despicables, they will sacrifice their own values, to pretend to be anyone, and to do anything, in an effort to hold onto "power".

Sometimes their; "do anything" approach is amusing to watch, and gives that whole; "throwing their own under the bus" the Conservative branding they deserve! They tried doing it to their own Senator Mike Duffy and this happened!

image hosting
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Well BH, you are nothing if not entertaining. Thanks for the giggles.

:130:
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

BeingHuman wrote:Bang on, because in BC who would want Conservatives voting for their own Conservative Party? That is why Cons are so low on my list of despicables, they will sacrifice their own values, to pretend to be anyone, and to do anything, in an effort to hold onto "power".

Sometimes their; "do anything" approach is amusing to watch, and gives that whole; "throwing their own under the bus" the Conservative branding they deserve! They tried doing it to their own Senator Mike Duffy and this happened!

image hosting
^^Meanwhile, the NDP approach doesn't involve presenting a platform that would appeal to those not already committed to the NDP.

Instead, they persist in a dogmatic adherence to message, coupled with promises of all kinds of shiny treats no one will every have to pay for.

Voters who understand someone has to pay, a.k.a. conservatives of any stripe, aren't flocking in droves to vote NDP. Quelle surprise.

Yes, I can see why you'd look for a way to attack Clark for that.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I was reading a story where Kevin Falcon has taken a bit of a run at Christy. My prediction, for what it is worth, more of this is going to surface and either she will be dragged into a leadership review or encouraged to resign. Going from a majority to a minority is a loss regardless of how you look at it and even if they do manage to get the votes needed to regain power it will be on precarious footings. Politics like sports, when the team fails it seems to always be the coaches (leaders) fault.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mr.bandaid wrote:I was reading a story where Kevin Falcon has taken a bit of a run at Christy. My prediction, for what it is worth, more of this is going to surface and either she will be dragged into a leadership review or encouraged to resign. Going from a majority to a minority is a loss regardless of how you look at it and even if they do manage to get the votes needed to regain power it will be on precarious footings. Politics like sports, when the team fails it seems to always be the coaches (leaders) fault.

This seems logical. I do agree the Liberals have lost ground in this election, no matter how you slice it.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

X2 :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Could we have the Kevin Falcon story, pls.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

George+ wrote:Could we have the Kevin Falcon story, pls.

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/v ... r-minister

Google is your friend George.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Makes sense:

Tom Fletcher‏ @tomfletcherbc
Priority one for @AJWVictoriaBC is now party recognition, priority two is campaign finance reform #bcelxn17
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

A glimpse of what may be coming soon:
The BC Liberal government is plotting a course toward an early test of its strength in the legislature, working to rewrite its budget with enough appeal to opposition MLAs – specifically, Green MLAs – to allow it to survive a vote in the House as early as June.

Whether Premier Christy Clark snags a bare majority on the final ballot count by Elections BC next week, or if she is left seeking to lead a minority, her government will be redrafting this year’s fiscal plan in the coming weeks. It will be British Columbia’s first Green-influenced budget since the emerald-hued pages that made up the budget that introduced the province’s carbon tax in 2008.
Full article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... e35002742/
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

That is what may be coming, what will be coming is another election within the year. Politicking the greens won't work in the Liberals favor.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”