More Flooding Imminent

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: More Flooding Imminent

Post by JLives »

Graham Adder wrote:He could have EASILY promoted being prepared, and acting communally without the fear factor.
I'd have to say yes, though that I'd rather he said nothing. Ever.

It didn't have the right set of circumstances to escalate into a 200 year blah-dee-blah.
It couldn't have turned horrible just as easy. As Glacier stated, we didn't have any of the right stuff going on, nor was the weather forecast stating so.

I saw the video released by Colin soon after it was posted. I showed it to my partner, stating that Colin just put his tiny foot in his gaping mouth. I am not a meteorologist by any stretch, but I did have my senses. When I read posts from Glacier that spoke to my hunches, it made sense to me immediately. I now see that the hype really was "fake news".

Back to the question of, why?

The water along Enterprise is rising right now. My MIL has Mill Creek running along her backyard. Surveyors were there this morning and there's a crew coming tomorrow to sandbag the creek itself. We're headed over now to help. This isn't over and he is right to promote a sense of urgency. All hands on deck.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

JLives wrote:The water along Enterprise is rising right now. My MIL has Mill Creek running along her backyard. Surveyors were there this morning and there's a crew coming tomorrow to sandbag the creek itself. We're headed over now to help. This isn't over and he is right to promote a sense of urgency. All hands on deck.

Let me just confirm this:

Surveyors were there this morning, and a crew is scheduled to sandbag the creek tomorrow.

Colin is right to promote a sense of urgency.

All hands on deck.

Crews are schedules to come back TOMORROW.
Let's define URGENT.

ur·gent
ˈərjənt/
adjective
adjective: urgent
(of a state or situation) requiring immediate action or attention.

TOMORROW

URGENT

Nah, this doesn't add up to an urgent all hands on deck event.
If it is, I'd like to sign up for the Tomorrow Crew.
Today, I am beering.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lake is still rising - can't wait to get pictures to compare to a few days ago.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:Lake is still rising - can't wait to get pictures to compare to a few days ago.

Just think if the government had gotten it way to divert 40% of Shuswap river down Fortunes Creek back in early 70%. Were Okangan Lake would be right now.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Can't imagine.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

GordonH wrote:
Fancy wrote:Lake is still rising - can't wait to get pictures to compare to a few days ago.

Just think if the government had gotten it way to divert 40% of Shuswap river down Fortunes Creek back in early 70%. Were Okangan Lake would be right now.

Gordon, post some pics....would love to see some. Thx
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

[/quote]People would/should have insurance for "living out expenses". I do feel really bad for the affected people but who are you suggesting pay for the hotels, taxpayers?[/quote]
there is endless money to help junkies and other non tax paying citizens in this city/province.the people effected by these floods are the actual people who contribute to society,the taxpayers and home owners themselves.i dont see a problem using tax dollars to actually help tax payers in a time of actual need.if you do not want to go that route this city is full of community halls churches and elks style halls.they could put some cots and mats out and the evacuees could at least have some where to go for the suggested 72 hours[/quote]

Good point...but using taxpayers money to put people up in hotels isn't something I believe is right....just my opinion. If a disaster is declared, and there are funds available for everyone affected, then perfect. I feel very bad for everyone afffected and hope they are properly insured.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Graham Adder wrote:
Let me just confirm this:

Surveyors were there this morning, and a crew is scheduled to sandbag the creek tomorrow.

Colin is right to promote a sense of urgency.

All hands on deck.

Crews are schedules to come back TOMORROW.
Let's define URGENT.

ur·gent
ˈərjənt/
adjective
adjective: urgent
(of a state or situation) requiring immediate action or attention.

TOMORROW

URGENT

Nah, this doesn't add up to an urgent all hands on deck event.
If it is, I'd like to sign up for the Tomorrow Crew.
Today, I am beering.

The reason they are sandbagging tomorrow is because today they are sandbagging in a different neighbourhood down the creek.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just saw photos of Marshall Street, flooded out. Extreme damage happening. All this was on Facebook just now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Any update to this extreme damage happening now?
I'm literally a stone's throw from the creek and it doesn't warrant me getting off the couch from my perspective.
Do I have a skewed view?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lake still rising - more sandbagging being done.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

I drove past Marshall St at 12:15 pm today and that road was blocked off but there was no water at all on the street.
Not quite sure why it was blocked off unless they are anticipating it being bad later today.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Graham Adder wrote:Any update to this extreme damage happening now?
I'm literally a stone's throw from the creek and it doesn't warrant me getting off the couch from my perspective.
Do I have a skewed view?
Inquiring minds want to know.

I just downloaded RAW files of Marshall Street with a lake of water, the storm drains were completely blocked, nothing was draining out. I've got photos of Canadian Geese swimming in the water and of kids wading in it. The locals said it was nothing like last time when a guy was out there with a canoe. The city trucks were coming in and siphoning off water to take it away to alleviate further damage if we got more rain.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Queen K wrote:Just saw photos of Marshall Street, flooded out. Extreme damage happening. All this was on Facebook just now.

What page on FB.

Return to “Flooding 2017”