Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:“Weaver believes he can pick up the Green Party, plop it in the middle, make it “Liberal Light” and draw votes from both sides. It makes me angry when people minimize the urgency of our environmental challenges for political gain – and that’s what he’s done. It’s a travesty.”

Andrew Weaver's former campaign manager who resigned.

Sounds like his campaign manager is a bonehead, who craves the NDP's continuous record of losing elections, in favor of stubbornly pushing failed agendas, backward ideologies, and fairy tales.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mr.bandaid wrote:
rustled wrote:...

Although quite a few people are excited about the possibility this will force the parties to play "nice", I'm skeptical. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Even if they are all playing nice, there's no guarantee everyone will stay committed to putting "best outcome for BC" before "best outcome for my party" for any length of time.

One certain outcome of this election (regardless of the recount results) is a great deal of uncertainty. That is never a good thing for the economy. Eventually, a stalling economy affects each and every one of us.

Majority/minority, whatever. I don't give this outcome a year before we are back at the polling stations again.

It's not what I'm hoping for, but I think you're probably right.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Me thinks there is just a tinge of upset by the righties,
that the NDP did as well as they did. .

They ran a crappy lazy campaign. All of BC should be a tinge upset that sloth and laziness was rewarded with 40 seats. What calms me down a bit is that the NDP could have had two more seats if they hadn't stupidly shot themselves in the foot with their disgusting racist and sexist nomination policy. What a bunch of total clowns.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
George+ wrote:“Weaver believes he can pick up the Green Party, plop it in the middle, make it “Liberal Light” and draw votes from both sides. It makes me angry when people minimize the urgency of our environmental challenges for political gain – and that’s what he’s done. It’s a travesty.”

Sounds like his campaign manager is a bonehead, who craves the NDP's continuous record of losing elections, in favor of stubbornly pushing failed agendas, backward ideologies, and fairy tales.

Maybe he can get a job with the NDP tree hugger segment. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

He is a she.

And more interesting reading...

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/05/11/Clark-Is-Done/

Could be quite a dance for Weaver to get even his other two MLAs to agree with him
And for Clark to keep all her MLAs in line.

Bring on the Righty Ranters.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

that the NDP did as well as they did. They would have had
large majorities the last two elections but for the Greenies.

But Urbane...go ahead and dream of the Greens excusing the
Site C waste of billions. The party will collapse if they support that.

Not even Andrew Weaver is that stupid,

Then there is Kinder Morgan...never should have been there at all.
Many countries are doing very well with solar.
B.C./Canada is way behind.

Lefty Liberals were fed up with both of these.

OMG, the "many countries are doing very well with solar" nonsense again. What an expensive illusion that is, implementing measures to force all of us to pay more for utilities. No matter how you choose to pay for this, it'll come at the cost of social programs. Incredibly myopic to believe otherwise, while bleating on about the cost of Site C.

It's interesting you'd suggest those of us who voted Liberal would be jealous of the NDP doing as well as they did. What a strange notion, but it does give a bit of insight into a certain mindset.

I'd guess there are probably more among those of us who voted Liberal who are more than a tinge upset the Liberals haven't done better leading up to election time. (There's a glimpse into a completely different mindset, one predicated on taking responsibility rather jealously than assigning blame, for what it's worth.)
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

George+ wrote:He is a she.

Could be quite a dance for Weaver to get even his other two MLAs to agree with him
And for Clark to keep all her MLAs in line.

Bring on the Righty Ranters.

Well, there's some unbiased stuff right there. /sarcasm off.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

What's this really all about? The quote was taken from this story:
http://richardhughes.ca/tag/weaver-beli ... he-middle/
And it's about this person:
Troy Grant is a Vancouver Island resident and environmental activist who, up until a couple of months ago, was running the campaign of Green Party candidate Lia Versaevel.

So he wasn't Weaver's campaign manager after all.

Troy Grant is, in fact, a he.

My goodness, folks, this isn't rocket science. Why is it so difficult for opponents of Clark, opponents of the Liberals, and opponents of Site C, to find and post facts instead of all these seriously weird untruths?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

that the NDP did as well as they did. They would have had
    large majorities the last two elections but for the Greenies.
The NDP would have had large majorities the last two elections but for their policies. The Liberals were ripe for the picking but the NDP weren't willing or able to present policies that would attract enough voters to win. It's as simple as that. Do you know how many times the NDP have won the popular vote? Twice. That's it. Those in denial about their own party blame other parties like the Greens for being too strong or the Conservatives for being too weak. It's never the fault of the NDP though:)
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 15th, 2017, 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: personal attack
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

You want us to read a link to the disgusting NDP propaganda organ the Tyee? Gross!!!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

You want us to read a link to the disgusting NDP propaganda organ the Tyee? Gross!!!

Well, there's this:
And if not for BC NDP riding infighting in Cowichan, Columbia River-Revelstoke and Fraser-Nicola over bitterly contested nominations, Horgan would be premier-elect now.

How about that, folks? An NDP supporter taking some responsibility!
:up: :clapping:
Now, will they examine their policy and rectify it, or will they blame the individuals involved?
:popcorn:
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Oh, my. There's more.
Despite boasting about B.C. having Canada’s strongest economy — true — and despite trumpeting four balanced budgets — also true — Clark’s BC Liberals lost four cabinet ministers, her popular vote dropped and she had a comfortable majority turned into a minority.

Isn't this against message? I seem to recall some folk here saying those things weren't actually true, and here's Tieleman, an NDP supporter, saying these things are true. In the Tyee, no less.

What's next, calls for an NDP platform that's properly costed, and policies people can vote for?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I think money and arrogance ALREADY cost Christy Clark the election. It certainly cost her the large majority she had going into the election.

People are tired of the perception that those able to make the largest political donations get favoured attention from the Liberal Government. And the Liberals refusal to fix that perception, only served to illustrate their arrogance about not needing to resolve the concerns of "the little guy".

Hopefully this latest election result will provide the "wake up" call the Liberals needed to make them begin to listen to the concerns of ALL their electorate, instead of just the wealthy few who have the Government's "ear". Because, if they don't, they may be voted into oblivion the next time around.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”