Polls show BCers want NDP in drivers seat

Post by maryjane48 »

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Polls show BCers want NDP in drivers seat

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.cknw.com/2017/05/16/311295/?sc_ref=facebook

the people have spoken

"Satisfaction" results are interesting, too. As are the predictions.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Oh oh, the results of this survey does not fit the Lib-Con supporter narrative on here, therefore they will question the validity of the results; who commissioned it, sample size issues, nature and type of questions it asked for reasons to show bias whether real or perceived, geographic location of survey respondents, age of respondents, ethnic back ground of respondents, sexual orientation of respondents, were respondents left handed or right handed ... please list any other excuses I may have missed!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

BeingHuman wrote:Oh oh, the results of this survey does not fit the Lib-Con supporter narrative on here, therefore they will question the validity of the results; who commissioned it, sample size issues, nature and type of questions it asked for reasons to show bias whether real or perceived, geographic location of survey respondents, age of respondents, ethnic back ground of respondents, sexual orientation of respondents, were respondents left handed or right handed ... please list any other excuses I may have missed!

Gee, I'd be surprised if they do. The survey results seem pretty accurate to me. They reflect a lot of the conversation here on this forum and fit the "Lib-Con supporter narrative on here" pretty well. For example, a lot of people who generally consider themselves conservative or Liberal were unhappy with the Liberal party's performance going into the election, and that hasn't changed. These people are still able to be critical of their party's performance.

A lot of people here would prefer not to see a coalition, just as the survey found.

This seems to reflect what we're seeing here, too:
A majority of Liberal and Green supporters, 63 and 65 per cent respectively, said they were satisfied with the outcome.

NDP supporters, meanwhile, perhaps disappointed their party missed in its bid for majority government for the first time in 16 years, expressed just 42 per cent satisfaction.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:Oh oh, the results of this survey does not fit the Lib-Con supporter narrative on here, therefore they will question the validity of the results; who commissioned it, sample size issues, nature and type of questions it asked for reasons to show bias whether real or perceived, geographic location of survey respondents, age of respondents, ethnic back ground of respondents, sexual orientation of respondents, were respondents left handed or right handed ... please list any other excuses I may have missed!

So you are saying if the results showed the other way, you wouldn't do all of the above and then some? Hey guess what, I've got a bridge to sell you over Lake Okanagan if you believe that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

So you are saying if the results showed the other way, you wouldn't do all of the above and then some? Hey guess what, I've got a bridge to sell you over Lake Okanagan if you believe that.

And, BINGO... we have a winner!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I suspect a minority NDP government would not last 4 years, if its goes that way look for another Provincial election within a year (if not less).
Since the Greens would the balance of power.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:
And, BINGO... we have a winner!

thank you for agreeing with me that you would be just as bad or worse than what you are describing. Do you even read these posts? :130:

All I know is that we have a loser, and thank goodness that loser is the NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

This particular poll indicates that 27% of Liberals think that their party should be consigned to the opposition role in spite of the fact that they won the election, while 89% of Dippers think that their party should form a government even though they lost.

The takeaway from this is that 27% of Libs and 89% of Dippers are confused.

That sounds about right. :smt045
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

We just had a poll called an election. It did not state the NDP were the ones desired, and it also showed people didn't want the Liberals either.

I think minority governments should be on a case by case basis however we do have a small fraction wielding too much power in this instance. The greens can cause an election by making insane demands, I hope they don't but they might.

I think it won't matter until the rest of the ballots are counted as it might not matter at all, but I do know that just like the idea at a federal level was distasteful, it still is on a provincial level to have the party's that lost, form a coalition to take the election as their own through non democratic processes.

If the Liberals offered the 3 greens 3 million each to cross the floor would it seems wrong? Of Course, then why doesn't it seem as wrong when the NDP offer them $$ to do the same idea in a different way.

Wouldn't it be great though if all sides too heads out of arses and actually worked together as our elected government?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

d0nb wrote:This particular poll indicates that 27% of Liberals think that their party should be consigned to the opposition role in spite of the fact that they won the election, while 89% of Dippers think that their party should form a government even though they lost.

The takeaway from this is that 27% of Libs and 89% of Dippers are confused.

That sounds about right. :smt045

LOL.

If the NDP had managed to get themselves into the position the Liberals are currently in, they'd be the ones most likely to blow it in the coming months. Right now, they can still make all kinds of promises without consequences. You can fool some of the people with these promises some of the time, but when reality sets in ("oops, we can't do that after all") the fickle tide of popularity turns.

Do you think Trudeau would have survived his early-day bungles if he'd had a minority? Not likely. Would Horgan?

As it stands, the Liberals are the most vulnerable.

At any rate, the folk here who presume anyone who voted Liberal must be blind to that party's weaknesses are ignoring the obvious. Over and over and over again.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

It is actually the majority of B.C. Voters who are vulnerable.
Screwed by the Greens.
Let them force an early election and
See who gets screwed,
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:It is actually the majority of B.C. Voters who are vulnerable.
    Screwed by the Greens.
    See who gets screwed,
I don't think the Greens want an early election. I believe they'll work with Christy Clark or John Horgan on an issue to issue basis. Perhaps the corporate and union donations will be a thing of the past and the transportation policy for the Lower Mainland will be revamped. For example, the Greens don't want to eliminate tolls. Nor do the Liberals but the Liberals would likely be amenable to changing the toll structure. I can see Christy Clark being more flexible than John Horgan and now that Norman Spector is on the Green team I'm thinking that things might not be looking that good for the NDP.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

George+ wrote:It is actually the majority of B.C. Voters who are vulnerable.
Screwed by the Greens.
See who gets screwed,

When will the NDP ever learn from their own mistakes and stop blaming others for their failures?

It's a rhetorical question George, I already know the answer.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Veovis wrote:We just had a poll called an election. It did not state the NDP were the ones desired, and it also showed people didn't want the Liberals either.

I think minority governments should be on a case by case basis however we do have a small fraction wielding too much power in this instance. The greens can cause an election by making insane demands, I hope they don't but they might.

I think it won't matter until the rest of the ballots are counted as it might not matter at all, but I do know that just like the idea at a federal level was distasteful, it still is on a provincial level to have the party's that lost, form a coalition to take the election as their own through non democratic processes.

If the Liberals offered the 3 greens 3 million each to cross the floor would it seems wrong? Of Course, then why doesn't it seem as wrong when the NDP offer them $$ to do the same idea in a different way.

Wouldn't it be great though if all sides too heads out of arses and actually worked together as our elected government?

We did just have a poll called an election and it was inconclusive. No clear winner as of today.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”