A plea to boaters...

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: A plea to boaters...

Post by Ken7 »

eires37 wrote:
Interesting, so the boat renters you saw were visible minorities? That's a new one.

Are you just trolling here?

IF you ever boated on this lake and I do most every weekend, it is quite apparent by what they wear as clothing. You also get to know what boats are rentals and also the PWC as well.

For your next post, no I'm not racist just observant, when they come racing towards you and obviously oblivious to the rules of boating, because you only need a credit card no license required it catches your attention.

Go troll elsewhere...annoying as ever!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

tsayta wrote:Redplate?

No, just a red f150.
He has his truck backed in with an empty trailer and sits in the truck with a clipboard.
At one point he had three vehicles with empty trailers occupying the launches while people waited in line.
He is running a rental company from the launch and ties his boats up to the dock.
Apparently the city has been notified several times but refusing to do anything.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

fall wrote:
tsayta wrote:Redplate?

No, just a red f150.
He has his truck backed in with an empty trailer and sits in the truck with a clipboard.
At one point he had three vehicles with empty trailers occupying the launches while people waited in line.
He is running a rental company from the launch and ties his boats up to the dock.
Apparently the city has been notified several times but refusing to do anything.

And bylaws doesnt even care? *bleep*(s)
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

fall wrote:No, just a red f150.

I find communicating with those users works best.

Some look at you when you ask are you going in or out. Then explaining your intentions, and I'd rather not get in your way changes their view. There will always be those who just can not wait their turn and
think it's all about them.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Ken7 wrote:when they come racing towards you and obviously oblivious to the rules of boating, because you only need a credit card no license required it catches your attention.

http://www.boatinglicense.ca/canada/bri ... umbia.aspx

BC Boat License is required to operate a personal watercraft.

Rental goons should be checking this and only providing a service to customers with a valid license. And it should be enforced on the water. No license = impound the boat. That would fix lazy/stupid boat renters and give the good guys who know what they're doing a decent business advantage.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

You are not required by law to have a boaters license when renting.
That is clearly advertised at all rental locations and websites.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

lightspeed wrote:[

Rental goons should be checking this and only providing a service to customers with a valid license. And it should be enforced on the water. No license = impound the boat. That would fix lazy/stupid boat renters and give the good guys who know what they're doing a decent business advantage.

Q. What if I rent a powerboat or PWC?

A. Currently, a Pleasure Craft Operator Card is not required in order to operate a rented watercraft. Instead, it is sufficient for a renter to complete a rental safety checklist. Take note however that some companies have made it their corporate policy to require renters to have their Pleasure Craft Operator Card.

http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/faq_rules-en.aspx

You have been mislead or did not read further down your link. Read other exemption, if you are non-Canadian resident not necessary.

Q. What if I don’t live in Canada, but boat there?

A. Non-residents only need to obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card if they are operating their powered boat in Canadian waters for more than 45 consecutive days or if the boat they are operating is registered or licensed in Canada (this includes rented boats). Boater Education Cards or equivalent certifications are recognized in Canada. Proper identification should be kept on board at all times to provide proof of residency.

Have to make it all ok for Immigrants.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Ken7 wrote:
lightspeed wrote:[

Q. What if I rent a powerboat or PWC?

A. Currently, a Pleasure Craft Operator Card is not required in order to operate a rented watercraft. Instead, it is sufficient for a renter to complete a rental safety checklist. Take note however that some companies have made it their corporate policy to require renters to have their Pleasure Craft Operator Card.

http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/faq_rules-en.aspx

You have been mislead or did not read further down your link. Read other exemption, if you are non-Canadian resident not necessary.

Q. What if I don’t live in Canada, but boat there?

A. Non-residents only need to obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card if they are operating their powered boat in Canadian waters for more than 45 consecutive days or if the boat they are operating is registered or licensed in Canada (this includes rented boats). Boater Education Cards or equivalent certifications are recognized in Canada. Proper identification should be kept on board at all times to provide proof of residency.

Have to make it all ok for Immigrants.

Jeez my bad - no wonder it's such a gong show on the lake each summer. I got my licence because I thought it was going to be mandatory and I only rent a boat once every couple of years.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
eires37
Banned

Post by eires37 »

Ken7 wrote:
eires37 wrote:
Interesting, so the boat renters you saw were visible minorities? That's a new one.

Are you just trolling here?

IF you ever boated on this lake and I do most every weekend, it is quite apparent by what they wear as clothing. You also get to know what boats are rentals and also the PWC as well.

For your next post, no I'm not racist just observant, when they come racing towards you and obviously oblivious to the rules of boating, because you only need a credit card no license required it catches your attention.

Go troll elsewhere...annoying as ever!

A troll because I have only posted 6 times, with 5 likes on your little whine forum? If the city isn't smart enough to ensure boat rental companies pass on the wake restriction to renters then thats their problem.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Really though, the licenses don't mean a lot. Someone else did mine for me online because they got a few "tests" for one price. They just filled in my name and it was sent to my house.
Poof, I have a boaters license.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Do the ones who over exaggerated the boat traffic and wake damage throughout the weekend have a wind and damage assessment available?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Provincial boys sand bagging there now

The forestry crews are going to be burnt out before what could be a very busy fire season.
They should have capable welfare bums or low risk inmates doing this.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

A PLEA TO KITEBOARDERS

show offs
WW
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Should have the boat out now Bucktailing .

Hmmmmmm.......
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I wish I knew what bucktailing was
WW

Return to “Flooding 2017”