Do away with the METRIC for this Urgent period

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Do away with the METRIC for this Urgent period

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Bsuds wrote:
What_the wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what this "urgent time" is.

Maybe he has to Pee really bad and is not sure whether it's going to be in Metric or Imperial. :biggrin:

Thus doesn't know what size container to pee into. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

GordonH wrote:Biggest winner in change over back in the 70s was Oil Companies, gasoline went from 25 cent a imperial gallon to 25 cents per/litre.

As far as I'm concerned that is precisely what was behind it all in the first place.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

cfriedemann wrote: We also know what a Quart is(which is still larger than a Liter but the closest thing to it.

I am going to challenge you to buy a 5 Liter jug of Oil and try pouring it into an empty 5 Quart Oil container and see what happens.
A word of advice, don't try it over your living room carpet. I predict that there will be a mess.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

stuphoto wrote:
cfriedemann wrote: We also know what a Quart is(which is still larger than a Liter but the closest thing to it.

I am going to challenge you to buy a 5 Liter jug of Oil and try pouring it into an empty 5 Quart Oil container and see what happens.
A word of advice, don't try it over your living room carpet. I predict that there will be a mess.

In fairness, he did use "imperial gallon" elsewhere, so I am assuming he means imperial quarts, and the imperial quart is larger than a litre and the litre is larger than the US quart. Which of course is part of the problem as when someone says gallon, quart, or pint are they talking about imperial or US?
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I dont see any of our Castanet forum members south of the border, requesting conversion to USGallons...
Guess they are just dealing with it..

The crisis right now, as I see it......... Is not the measuring units that the water flow is being reported in.....
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Do away with METRIC? How about we do away with the fake news media known as Castanet that keep fudging the numbers!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I'm only 9.8 stone, but I can drink a hogshead of 278 kelvin mead in a fortnight.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Bman wrote:I'm only 9.8 stone, but I can drink a hogshead of 278 kelvin mead in a fortnight.

I'm stoned too. I can also drink from a hogshead, but my mead keeps spilling out the eye holes.
Pleased to mead you Kelvin.

Return to “Flooding 2017”