Sandbagging thread.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Sandbagging thread.

Post by Queen K »

dogspoiler wrote:The neighbors basements are all flooded. In 50 yrs this is the first time I have seen water in our crawlspace. I am prepared to move the bar supplies up to the second floor if necessary.

Got those bar supplies up stairs? How are things going now?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

A buddy stopped by last night and we reduced the load somewhat. Hot thirsty weather will help.
Black Dogs Matter
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thank God for thoughtful buddies!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Im just wondering...after all this is all said and done...where they going to put all these sandbags?
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Saving them for the back of pick up trucks for the horrible winter coming [icon_lol2.gif]
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

sandbags will likely be cut and dumped on beaches to help replace the lost sands from flooding
there may be a few go missing into the back of my vehicle though
as stated...harsh winter coming
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

They can build an awesome raised trench and bunker system at the paintball place..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:They can build an awesome raised trench and bunker system at the paintball place..

Orrrrr...

Build an Earthbag Home for a less fortunate community member, like the single mom of five I read about yesterday on castanet. She's soon to be homeless on account of rent prices and unavailability.

We could give this a try, but Kelowna doesn't roll that way.
Helping the less fortunate falls on deaf ears in a town built on defining pretentiousness.

If we had a truly progressive bunch in our council meetings, we might hear of such topics being broached, but alas, we do not live in such a place. The sandbags and all the manual labor will be lost to an ever changing beachfront. Gotta keep up that image.

Earthbag homes are efficient to heat and cool.
They are fire, hurricane, earthquake and flood proof.

Imagine that.
But...nope.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

The creeks up here in The Rich are flowing at a level and rate I have never seen before.

Mission Creek at the Hwy 33 bridge is raging this morning...WHITE CAPS and roaring flow.

Add some rain to that and things are going to get very scary!!!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

strap a balloon to your @$$ Barney, and make sure you've got that paddle nailed to the library door.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Just drove by Mission Creek at Three Forks at 6 pm, I go by daily, and tonight was the highest I've seen to date. It was raging.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

While one North Okanagan community is shutting down its Emergency Operations Centre, another is opening one.

Spallumcheen closed its EOC as of Wednesday afternoon, but Enderby announced Thursday it was opening its EOC.

According to Tate Bengtson, Enderby CAO, the community north of Vernon has activated a Level 1 Emergency Operations Centre due to flood risk associated with the rising levels of the Shuswap River. “River forecasts show the river continuing to rise over the course of this week,” said Bengtson.

Free sand and sandbags are available outside of the public works yard, 4308 McGowan St.

Private property owners are responsible for protecting their property against flooding.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#198468
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Mission Creek is a boiling scary raging river of water right now and the rain is starting to pour!!!

Gots my swimming trunks on and the poop house door strapped to my behind...hang on Kelowna the waters-a-comin!

Edited to add:

Again...

Edited once more to add:

Still...

...only more...water that is
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Don't you go stinkin up the lowlands here with your crap shack!
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Symbonite wrote:Im just wondering...after all this is all said and done...where they going to put all these sandbags?

I was out on Okanagan Center Road West in Lake Country yesterday. There were dozens of bags floating in the lake.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “Flooding 2017”