More Flooding Imminent

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: More Flooding Imminent

Post by tsayta »

Maybe. Hopefully. Although mission pillow station still says 3/4 of pack left

image upload gif
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The vast majority of the watershed is below that elevation, however.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Glacier wrote:The vast majority of the watershed is below that elevation, however.

The vast majority of the low level is melted, lots still left up high in the Mission Creek watershed.
If it was mostly gone, the flood threat would be mostly over, except for rain.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Ok weird. The creek that feeds Elinor Lake is gone. I mean gone. No water. This Creek usually runs till August. I was expecting a torrent. It must have cut a new path
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Glacier wrote:
tsayta wrote:It's funny you mentioned that. If you look at the stream flow, it just started strangely dropping...

http://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/report/real ... tn=08NM116

Most of the snow is melted by now. The only way to cause more flooding is with rain.

BTW: Okanagan Lake surpassed the 1948 record at 10:20 last night.
l
You couldnt be more wrong about the snow pack
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

tsayta wrote:Ok weird. The creek that feeds Elinor Lake is gone. I mean gone. No water. This Creek usually runs till August. I was expecting a torrent. It must have cut a new path

This is worrisome for animals and other creatures dependent upon that water. I know it's nature's way, but nevertheless, we don't expect a missing creek in May. :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

tsayta wrote:Ok weird. The creek that feeds Elinor Lake is gone. I mean gone. No water. This Creek usually runs till August. I was expecting a torrent. It must have cut a new path

That creek that goes to Elinor Lake comes from up above, in Big Meadow Lake, where there is a shut off. Perhaps they turned it off at the top to help stop flows going into Elinor, then down into Naramata Lake and eventually Okanagan Lake.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If that's true I have hope.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Queen K wrote:If that's true I have hope.

All three lakes (Big Meadown, Elinor and Naramata) have dams and shut-off valves; I've been there many times. However, the amount of water flow from Naramata Creek, going into Okanagan Lake would be tiny compared to something like Mill Creek in Kelowna.

Is there no damming/control valves on Mill Creek, further up stream? (have never been there, thus am asking).
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

oklake5.png
kallake.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Flooding 2017”