A plea to boaters...

Sparki55
Guru

Re: A plea to boaters...

Post by Sparki55 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Spark if you are out there trolling your lure no problem..
if you are trolling us..then its a problem..

Why do you compare apples to oranges ? Flooded lake here with folks fighting to keep water off their property vs Stave Lake.. Or the Fraser. ... Maybe that is where you should be.

That's all I'm out doing! Trolling around for fish. Comparisons are inaccurate for lake water levels, debris were the comparison. I've navigated poorer debris conditions.

I've been flipped off putting my boat in the water. Just voicing my point that not all of us boaters are morons but seems this thread thinks I'm out to wreck my boat and the shoreline.

Not trying to troll anyone on here, just a little upset everyone is so quick to judge every boat as the same and all will cause damage.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Why do you think most of the power boats are currently not on the water? It's out of respect.
Respect for a public request that boats stay off the lake until levels recede;
Respect for the debris littered across the lake, and respecting ones investments of money into a boat and passenger's safety;
Respect for lakefront property and structures as well as parkland and the foreshore environment in general.
Funny thing about respect - it has to be earned.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

Poindexter wrote:Just knowing that your little bit of fun is coming at someone else's expense should be enough to keep boats away but if selfish people also need a reason, debris in the lake will hopefully convince them to do the right thing, even if it's for a less altruistic reason.

Would those selfish people be just like the very many lakeshore property owners that fence off public property for there own selfish gain? The public is suppose to all the sudden care about lakeshore that has been illegally taken away from them.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Both the radar and the vaisala show a big line of thunderstorms approaching from south. At omak right now
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dominik wrote:If your boat is electric or gas makes little difference, as the displacement, hull design, and ballast placement creates the wake, not the type of fuel.

I thought that was a pure genius quote. It reflects badly on the type of demographic that's being engaged if that's an example of a boat rental industry spokesperson. Wake is wake, period.

Wise up.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
GalaxyzAway

Post by GalaxyzAway »

z
Last edited by GalaxyzAway on May 31st, 2017, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

GalaxyzAway wrote:Hate to admit it but it's just hard to find empathy for people in million dollar homes :135:

And if you could afford it, you'd be standing in line to buy.

saw some pretty big wakes crashing up over the shore on Woods lk. today.

On approach to the one boat access area, sure enough, just getting ready to load out
was a nice runabout, no front plate on the tow rig.....no surprise...
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

dirtybiker wrote:
GalaxyzAway wrote:Hate to admit it but it's just hard to find empathy for people in million dollar homes :135:

And if you could afford it, you'd be standing in line to buy.

saw some pretty big wakes crashing up over the shore on Woods lk. today.

On approach to the one boat access area, sure enough, just getting ready to load out
was a nice runabout, no front plate on the tow rig.....no surprise...

Red that loud and clear
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
GalaxyzAway

Post by GalaxyzAway »

z
Last edited by GalaxyzAway on May 31st, 2017, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 31st, 2017, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GalaxyzAway

Post by GalaxyzAway »

*removed*

Back to the topic at hand, the lake is for everyone, not just millionaires. If someone is purposely driving their boat to cause waves on the shore, that's a dick move. But they can't expect people not to partake in K-towns's typical summer activity just because they bought a house in a silly spot.
Last edited by ferri on May 31st, 2017, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Yea - it's all about protecting rich people's homes. Smh. Unbelievable levels of ignorance on display.
GalaxyzAway

Post by GalaxyzAway »

z
Last edited by GalaxyzAway on May 31st, 2017, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

WalterWhite wrote:Yea - it's all about protecting rich people's homes. Smh. Unbelievable levels of ignorance on display.

I second this... Forget the environment, public beaches, or preserved shorelines, as the wake naturally stops in front of those, but if it is a "rich" persons house.... well guess what it deserves it.

How shortsighted is this? I am truly curious how city park will look like once all this is mitigated and "returned to normal".
One thing I started wondering, with that massive cloud of pollen and the floods, maybe this is some sort of environmental "reset, or upgrade" event. I am going to ignore the swarms of mosquitoes this will bring this summer... because, well I am substituting my own reality here.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

That's a pretty disgusting comment. Just because someone has a nice home you're so jealous you can't feel empathy? Really?

Respect is respect, period. Maybe you should stay in the hood and let the respectable people, that care about one another, regardless of financial status work together as a community.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Flooding 2017”