Fire danger

GenesisGT
Guru

Re: Fire danger

Post by GenesisGT »

Wildfire 3 wrote:Right, although I've never heard Wildfire Branch use the full 5.

Right, that's why I posted "for radio communications the four letters after the "C" are used.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Attachments
image.jpeg
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

That's not real
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Omg! You weren't joking!
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

This is going to sound made up but...
Just drove up gillard. At km 3.5 there's a group of mountain bikers standing around smoking in the grass. What's the point of exercising if you are going to smoke? And in the grass??
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tsayta wrote:This is going to sound made up but...
Just drove up gillard. At km 3.5 there's a group of mountain bikers standing around smoking in the grass. What's the point of exercising if you are going to smoke? And in the grass??

A friend of mine is a hardcore environmentalist. So much so that they are completely vegan, homeschool their children, don't eat ANY processed foods or sugary drinks, etc. and yet he smokes quite a bit. I think it's probably his wife that's the one driving the environmental side of things in the family.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier wrote:
tsayta wrote:This is going to sound made up but...

A friend of mine is a hardcore environmentalist. So much so that they are completely vegan, homeschool their children, don't eat ANY processed foods or sugary drinks, etc. and yet he smokes quite a bit. I think it's probably his wife that's the one driving the environmental side of things in the family.

Irony
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Does anyone remember when/if they last closed all of the backcountry? Was it 03?
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Does anyone one know if buildings burned in 100 Mile today? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Lightning forecasted for most of the southeast fire centre tomorrow.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Frisk wrote:Lightning forecasted for most of the southeast fire centre tomorrow.

Oh geez.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Bman wrote:
Frisk wrote:Lightning forecasted for most of the southeast fire centre tomorrow.

Oh geez.

Meh, no big deal. We've got an app that displays the locations on ithingy's and our org charts are second to none.

:130:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Does anyone one know if buildings burned in 100 Mile today? :135:

My cousin has not mentioned any buildings burned but they were evacuating 100 mile last night.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Buildings have burned north of 100 Mile (103/105 Mile), but the fire is not up the city limits yet.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

But all of 100 Mile is evacuated now. The home where the evacuees here was in no danger, they came as precaution and now they have to be out anyways.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”