Campfire ban

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Campfire ban

Post by GordonH »

youjustcomplain wrote:Oh, I guess I was unclear. Two weeks ago the forests were dry in the Central Okanagan. That is why I feel the campfire ban should have been in place then. Not because hot weather was on its way. Most camp fires aren't the problem anyhow. We always have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

As for cigarettes, we already have a ban on tossing burning stuff from our car windows. Short of building a large buffer zone on the sides of the highway that would be wide enough to capture burning materials tossed out of windows, I'm not sure there is a solution for stupid. :(

Since all wood burning campfires give off embers which have the potential/ability to start a fire, better to be safe then sorry. Besides the amount idiots that don't know how the proper way to make sure the fire is completely out before leaving.

When I'm out for a walk I do see odd cigarette butt still smoldering away either on the street &/or sidewalk, that tells me not everyone following the rules.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Finally!! should be automatic ban June21 to Sept 21 for all Campfires in BC
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Symbonite wrote:Finally!! should be automatic ban June21 to Sept 21 for all Campfires in BC

I agree 100%
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Also they should make ashtrays installed into cars again...dont smoke...good place for change money...
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Symbonite wrote:Also they should make ashtrays installed into cars again...dont smoke...good place for change money...

Correction: you mean sprinkler system
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

funny thing is...My friend is building a house in the Fintry area and he is piping sprinklers on the top of this house and on top of his fence posts just in case.

interesting Idea
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Symbonite wrote:funny thing is...My friend is building a house in the Fintry area and he is piping sprinklers on the top of this house and on top of his fence posts just in case.

interesting Idea

Now that's a great idea
WW
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

We have equipt one of our side by sides with a large water filled back pack fire extinguisher aka watter cannon. It holds 5 gallons of water so that while we are out and come across a camp fire or small fire we can put it out.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

gsc wrote:We have equipt one of our side by sides with a large water filled back pack fire extinguisher aka watter cannon. It holds 5 gallons of water so that while we are out and come across a camp fire or small fire we can put it out.

Hahaha that's AWESOME! I have one on mine too. Also got a 12v micro sump pump and hose so I can suck up water from a Creek and keep it filled. Now to tell you the truth, on hot days I occasionally spay it up in the air while sitting for that natural air conditioning effect
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

WW
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Ours is a hard plastic one with back pack straps looks a bit diffrent then that but same idea :) . its always grrat to be fully prepared when out in the forest.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Hell ya bartches!!
WW
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I got the poor man's model, used off ebay
WW
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

tsayta wrote:I got the poor man's model, used off ebay

Hey its better than nothing.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”