Crews from Alberta to help in BC

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Crews from Alberta to help in BC

Post by maryjane48 »

kelownaobserver

Re: Crews from alberta to help in bc

Post by kelownaobserver »

A little too late. Although BC in a state of emergency, the focus is on protecting human life first and foremost. How can you do that if emergency resources are already stretched to the max. What is it going to take before the military is called in to assist? Hospitals have been evacuated, whole cities have been evacuated. No one wants to make a decision.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

maryjane48 wrote:http://globalnews.ca/news/3585134/alberta-fire-crews-head-to-b-c-to-battle-wildfires/?utm_source=980CKNW&utm_medium=Facebook

:up:

Why in the hell aren't local fire fighting crews being utilized ? Someone posted here last night that a large 80 person fire crew from Kelowna was messing around with sandbags from the floods, where I live three big fire crews are sitting around waiting for the phone to ring, I read on FB this morning that there's fire crews in the Williams Lake/ Quesnel area not yet working....meanwhile the province is burning down while we wait for out of province fire crews to show up because of some asinine fire fighting agreement development by the current government. There's also a fire crew coming over from Australia...
Logging contractors should be out in full force with their equipment knocking out fire guards, unfortunately the stupid government won't let them because it violates some kind of protocol created by a bureaucratic desk jockey.......

Back in 2003, Stammer logging did the right thing by defying MOF/ government orders and built some unauthorized fire guards, his crew saved majority of the town of Barriere from completely burning down.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Update; a local fire contractor just posted on FB that yesterday the ministry brought in some IA coordinators to analyze the situation, spent the day arranging for accommodation for out of town fire crews that will eventually show up, and arranged for some machinery to be put on standby.. Today finally, local crews have been told to be prepared for a call out sometime later on........What a :cuss: gong show.

ETA: DO NOT listen to Global news, yesterday they incorrectly said West Kelowna was under an evacuation advisory, yesterday they incorrectly announced that Clearwater BC was completely out of gas, and again this morning Global announced that Clearwater is out of gas....this despite the fact that the gas station owners contacted Global yesterday to inform them that the gas stations ARE NOT out of fuel and won't be as long as Yellowhead #5 remains open.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hurtlander wrote:Update; a local fire contractor just posted on FB that yesterday the ministry brought in some IA coordinators to analyze the situation, spent the day arranging for accommodation for out of town fire crews that will eventually show up, and arranged for some machinery to be put on standby.. Today finally, local crews have been told to be prepared for a call out sometime later on........What a :cuss: gong show.

ETA: DO NOT listen to Global news, yesterday they incorrectly said West Kelowna was under an evacuation advisory, yesterday they incorrectly announced that Clearwater BC was completely out of gas, and again this morning Global announced that Clearwater is out of gas....this despite the fact that the gas station owners contacted Global yesterday to inform them that the gas stations ARE NOT out of fuel and won't be as long as Yellowhead #5 remains open.

Good to know, thanks for update & info

Added later: I did find it suspicious since the fuel supply comes 80 minutes away from Kamloops.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”