Princeton

Frisk
Guru

Princeton

Post by Frisk »

Large smoke column visible from Aspen grove. Basically no information available.

http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/370.html
Attachments
Apsen grove webcam.jpg
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Re: Princeton

Post by Troy »

Homes are being evacuated north of Princeton:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -Princeton
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen says properties between Summers Creek Road and Dry Lake north of Princeton, along Highway 5A, are in the process of being evacuated due to a nearby wildfire.

The area evacuated is approximately 10 kilometres north of Princteon. BC Wildfire Service crews, RCMP and Princeton firefighters are on scene.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Estimated at 1500 hectares.
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

Castanet showing fire at 1,500 hectares at 9.25am. BCWildfires showing at 200 hectares at 10.11 am. Who to believe?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Listening to scanner on this fire. These guys are working HARD. You can hear the stress in their voices
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Wildfire 3

Post by Wildfire 3 »

tsayta wrote:Listening to scanner on this fire. These guys are working HARD. You can hear the stress in their voices

Thanks for the info, rollin out there shortly as part of a 5-pack...sounds a bit hairy :smt045

Princeton fire evacs

More residences have been put on evacuation order north of Princeton due to an out-of-control wildfire.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201388
Deployed - Destroyed - Enjoyed
Oliver 2015
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

We were fishing on Ayleen Lake when we saw this cloud formation that's all too familiar to us Okanagan residents. Just getting caught up on the news today and can't get over what a difference one weekend can make.
20170707_185404.jpeg
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

poorboy wrote:Castanet showing fire at 1,500 hectares at 9.25am. BCWildfires showing at 200 hectares at 10.11 am. Who to believe?

That's a good question. One has to wonder where they got the 1,500 figure from. Here's another interesting thing. This article says that the fire has jumped the highway in the title, but doesn't say thing like in the article.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Yeah good point. I'm starting to wonder about media not fact checking. This morning someone told me a story about Mayor of Quesnel having to undo some false stories about Quesnel being evacuated. One of my coworkers was talking to her cousin on the phone at the Williams lake airport... Asked about the hangars that were lost. Cousin whom works at airport said "nope not true, I'm looking out my windows at the hangars right now". Not sure what to believe
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Same goes for 100 Mile House. People outside of the city limits (Horse Lake, Lone Butte, etc.) were thinking they where being evacuated as well. This was all because the media stated that the entire District of 100 Mile needs to leave. Since no one ever calls 100 Mile a district (more normally a town), people outside of town were thinking it meant the entire region. Why BC couldn't just stick with city, town, and village is beyond me. Having the 4th option of "district municipality" is a recipe for mass confusion.

EDIT: Princeton is at 2,000 ha, not 200. The news must have missed a zero.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Highway 5a closed,

When Mr. QK and I started our trips in 2010, we never had closed highways and forest fires everywhere to contend with, now I am afraid to leave the driveway. :cuss:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201454
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

Had planned to go to Missezula Lake and stay a week in a friends cabin today but now everyone was evacuated last night so hope the cabin still stands when this fire is finished.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Could be raining on this fire right now
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”