Smokanagan - again

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Smokanagan - again

Post by Queen K »

Know what? I believe that KGH is full of people admitted for breathing issues right now. The medical jargon is S.O.B.
I don't doubt for a minute those S.O.B. are struggling and since I work with a lot of them in their homes, I get it.
But right now, a bunch of us are just talking to each other. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

personal attack
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 11th, 2017, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

settle down mjc . my moms stuck at tatla lake and i dont find it offensive . on caribou facebook page they were talking about misquitos . these are people with everything to lose . hell i could lose my mom.

its still super smokey in thompson region .
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Damn that smoke looks gross. I can taste it, even. Ugh, go away! At least it makes for pretty sunsets & sunrises.
Your bias suits you.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The dramatic photos showing up on facebook are enough to almost make me want to go out and get my own. It's so gross out there this morning I can barely see Knox Mt. I doubt I'll go anywhere.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2017, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2017, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2017, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Umm you're sitting on the internet whining about how friends talk to each other (Hi Woodenhead, :130: good to see hear from you again.) I personally know of four castanet friends in interface areas and one good friend going way back in an interface zone, never mind thinking of all those small communities I love to visit, all on evac notice or evacuated. No one is privileged or whining.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

maryjane48 wrote:settle down mjc . my moms stuck at tatla lake and i dont find it offensive . on caribou facebook page they were talking about misquitos . these are people with everything to lose . hell i could lose my mom.

its still super smokey in thompson region .

The RCMP showed up at my friend's house in Kleena Kleene some 25 km west of Tatla, and ordered him out. Kleena Kleene was evacuated west to Anahim Lake yesterday (well, actually it's north). Tatla Lake is in no danger of fire, but is in danger of running out of food, especially with no power. A friend of mine there flew his helicopter down to Campbell River to pick up a generator, and flew through a snow storm! I kid you not! The weather through the coast mountains is like that. His grandpa flew down to Campbell River some 30 years ago, and never made it.

firemap.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

mjc0483 wrote:*removed*

I've sat up all night (literally) worrying about friends and family who live in Williams Lake and area. I'm heartsick that my son and his pregnant wife may be about to lose their home. And I have extended family and friends who also may lose what they've worked so hard for so many years to attain. But having the ability to keep up to date with the latest news via the Internet, and chat with folks online, helps ease my anxiety a little.

Right now I can't see a thing out my window beyond the house across the street, due to heavy smoke. It's permeated my home, and is giving me a sore throat and a tight chest. So I can fully understand why people don't like it, and don't consider folks complaining about it as showing any lack of compassion for those who are currently in danger. If anything, talking about something less serious such as the smoke helps take my mind off the nagging worry I have, about the safety of all those I love who are currently still in the fire zone. I worry about their homes, but I worry even more about the very dangerous journey they may have to take to get out of there.

Every single road out of Williams Lake is impacted by fire, and when I think about those folks possibly having to drive through that inferno at some point I get very scared and choked up. Talking about less serious stuff helps take my mind off it for a short while, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. You're the one who is lacking both compassion and empathy by not recognizing that fact.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I'm on EVAC alert. Dammit
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Didn't know I was trashy
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

tsayta wrote:I'm on EVAC alert. Dammit

Since when? And trashy? Whatjatalkin''bout?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

CRD issued EVAC alert for all properties up to West end of canim Lake.
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”