Guru

Cold front tomorrow

Post by Frisk »

Special weather statement in effect for:

Central Okanagan - including Kelowna
North Okanagan - including Vernon
South Okanagan - including Penticton

Windy weekend across the BC Interior.

The ridge of high pressure that has been dominating the weather over southern BC will give way to a cold front on Saturday. Widespread winds of 20 to 50 km/h are expected beginning Saturday afternoon over the central and southern interior. The strong winds will push into the Kootenays by early Sunday morning. Local winds gusts up to 70 km/h are possible through some interior valleys and canyons.

The only rain accompanying the front is expected north of the Cariboo region. There is also the risk of lightning over the central and northern Interior as well as over the Kootenays and Columbias. Temperatures will drop by 6 to 8 degrees in the wake of the front Sunday. Unfortunately, significant rain continues to elude the southern half of the province for the foreseeable future.

According to the BC Wildfire Service, this forecast weather has to the potential to challenge their efforts to contain the many large wildfires currently burning across southern B.C., and could cause growth on a number of these incidents.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Cold front tomorrow

Post by GordonH »

The winds will play havoc for the firefighters trying to get a handle on those fires out of control.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:The winds will play havoc for the firefighters trying to get a handle on those fires out of control.

Environment Canada has issued warnings, hopefully it turns out not as bad as expected.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201869 ... on-the-way
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^ Yup, the RCMP knocked on my mom's door at 1:30 am this morning to inform her that she's on evacuation alert because they are expecting wind gusts up to 70 km/h.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Looks like the front has now passed Clinton. Winds have dropped in Williams Lake, 100 dollar house, Clinton. Still windy in cache Creek and Kamloops
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”