Looters? Are you kidding!!!

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Looters? Are you kidding!!!

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201854 ... ad-reality

this piece of reality could use a little buckshot in the as :cuss:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

"Predatory behaviour". Interesting. I'd love to have the chance to catch one trying to prey on me. I hope the pawn shops will do the right thing
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Prob is that selling sites on Facebook have circumnavigated pawn shops.

Shoplift it today, have it sold on fb almost instantly.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201854 ... ad-reality

this piece of reality could use a little buckshot in the as :cuss:

Okay drop it down to rock salt & bacon rinds instead of buckshot.... they won't be sitting down for some time. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Another sad reality is that looters won't face much jail time, fines or punishments.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Evacuees need these signs.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Queen K wrote:Another sad reality is that looters won't face much jail time, fines or punishments.

Yes you're correct. It boils down to "balance"

How can "we" (the courts) nail a looter to the wall when a drunk driver, 3 times the limit, kills an on duty RCMP, mother of two and gets 4 years (out in 2½ years) or a mother kills 6 babies (found in a storage locker) and gets 8 years (out in 5 1/3) and those are just two from yesterday.

I guess it boils down to that "age old doctrine" two wrongs don't make a right, but 3 do. Urrrrg.....

But we can look at the US, they have more people in jail per capita than any other Western progressive country and it hasn't fixed a thing, in fact, I think it's made it worse.

Did I just use "progressive" and "US" in the same sentence ? I'm going back to bed.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Looks like the penalties are now more than just theft. Check out this loser that made the special trip from Chilliwack to practice his craft of being a loser...

http://www.100milefreepress.net/news/ch ... ile-house/
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

It was reported on social media this morning that the two vehicles in the below advisory were seen in the area north of Little Fort in the vicinity of Round Top and Blackpool very early this morning...
Attachments
image.jpeg
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
mtn living

Post by mtn living »

GordonH
Sorry I have to disagree with you. ;)
The *bleep* is useful for something, unlike one of the lowest forms of life....looters.

Now seriously.
I feel that shaming would not work, nor would time in jail.
In the 1st place, they felt no shame when thinking about going in and take what is not theirs.
Besides, they would likely just get a slap on the wrist and told, "Don't do that again!"
I am sure that message is like wind going thru an open space. In one side and out the other.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:Another sad reality is that looters won't face much jail time, fines or punishments.

Well they've got one now, let's see what happens to this guy.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202011
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Officers arrested 38-year-old Shane Brady, from Big Lake, and he has been charged with Possession of Stolen Property with a value higher than $5000.

from news 1130

the cops said they estimated 65000 worth of stuff at his place
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Definitely should get jail time taking advantage of people already going thru enough distress as it is. You can't get much lower than that. More especially on such a large scale.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

tsayta wrote:Looks like the penalties are now more than just theft. Check out this loser that made the special trip from Chilliwack to practice his craft of being a loser...

http://www.100milefreepress.net/news/ch ... ile-house/

if he travelled from Chilliwack to rob people evacuated he should get some extra special jail time from the courts its incredibly low to do that in the first place but to travel that far out of your way is disturbing
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Government should increase the penalty for looting, and then "throw the book" at the ones they catch.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”