Nighthawk Road fire

Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Re: Nighthawk Road fire

Post by Temet Nosce »

OldBlindDog wrote:80% contained. Glad to see our hard working firefighters make good progress.

Also, a big thanks to the volunteers at the Salvation Army. They helped my friend with food, clothing and toiletries.

This would amazing news to hear the fire is 80% contained...can you elaborate I have not read that anywhere....thxs
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Just saw it thxs.....RELIEF!!!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JennParker

Post by JennParker »

I am able to take in anyone who needs a place. I have 4 empty rooms (kids at summer camp for the week). Pets welcome.
Bluejacket5050

Post by Bluejacket5050 »

No visible smoke this morning or planes. Looking from Oyama Rd.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

On CBC radio they just mentioned a fire official says this fire may have been started by an illegal camp fire on the beach.

Really? C'mon people! Quit being morons!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Really only 3 ways: glass, cig or campfire. Logic would all but rule out glass because it's such a long shot so we're left with the other two which can be grouped under one cause, a moron started the fire. :-X
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TreeGuy wrote:On CBC radio they just mentioned a fire official says this fire may have been started by an illegal camp fire on the beach.

Really? C'mon people! Quit being morons!

Considering the damage caused or potential damage as well as the costs to fight these fires the minimum fine should be a million dollars for having a campfire when banned!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Bsuds wrote:Considering the damage caused or potential damage as well as the costs to fight these fires the minimum fine should be a million dollars for having a campfire when banned!

Agree Suds, it pretty much has to be severe and easy to understand penalty. Something any nimwit could understand because they're clearly not getting it with the current penalties.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Really only 3 ways: glass, cig or campfire. Logic would all but rule out glass because it's such a long shot so we're left with the other two which can be grouped under one cause, a moron started the fire. :-X

Those who have lost their homes, would more then likely to tar & feather idiot who had fire near the water.
This is why there is campfire ban you brainless AS :cuss: holes

Added later:to the starter of this fire do the right thing & turn yourself in to the Authorities
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Bsuds wrote:Considering the damage caused or potential damage as well as the costs to fight these fires the minimum fine should be a million dollars for having a campfire when banned!

The losers would probably just claim bankruptcy.

Jail and community service. Have them spend time in community service with a weedeater clearing tall grass along roadways wearing a pair of covers labelled, "Fire Starter".
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

I would put them in prison. Send a clear message.
Bluejacket5050

Post by Bluejacket5050 »

Here is a news clip. Comments has info to offer help to board horses in Osoyoos.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3529984442
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

I am sure the RCMP will be asking for security camera footage from any houses along OK Centre Rd W. They've done it before and I'm hoping they will again. Someone for sure must know WHO the twits are that started this mess.
Bluejacket5050

Post by Bluejacket5050 »

"8:30am Sunday The Okanagan Centre wildfire is now 55 per cent contained by a fire guard and 80 per cent ringed by fire retardent, says a fire information officer for the Kamloops Fire Centre."

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/fire-80-contained/

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”